Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    boozcruz33            07-28-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
Well, it isn't really new since it already has over 30 hours... but this weekend was the first time that I got digital pics of my new baby (thanks to Tim).

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2003, 7:56 PM Reply   
nice! great looking color scheme!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-28-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
only 30 hours since april? hmm not enough!

what's that in the background? another SAN?
Old    chase            07-28-2003, 8:43 PM Reply   
Who's that good looking dude in the background? The one with the really cool tattoos?
Old     (jposlosky)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2003, 8:46 PM Reply   
Nice looking set up, hey how do you like the black? I was ready to order my X10 in black then heard horror stories about waterspots and how hard it is to keep clean, chickened out and went with white...........
Old    xtigeman            07-28-2003, 8:57 PM Reply   
Sweet.
Old    boozcruz33            07-29-2003, 4:09 AM Reply   
The black hasn't given me any problems at all... not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be! I couldn't be happier with my choice of colors.

I do need to start getting some more hours on it, though. I have been spending all my time riding behind Chase's '01 (in the background) because my lake is always so crowded. Hopefully, I will be moving onto a private lake in a few months and everything will be better...

By the way... isn't it amazing that parents let a little kid like that get tattoos? He comes over to us from that wooden playground you see and is like "can I catch a ride"? He was really short, so I assume he was under 15 years old... and he had like 3 or 4 tattoos!!!
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-29-2003, 4:41 AM Reply   
Shane,

What up bro? Nice looking setup you got there!!! I was the guy that had e-mailed you a while back about your X5 and towing a Super Air. I had seen you posting on roadfly.org and I am looking to get the 04 X5.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-29-2003, 5:30 AM Reply   
Shane, sweet looking boat! You definitely need to start using it more. I've got 100 on mine since then. I'd be glad to help you out with that.

btw, any of you guys coming over this weekend for Wakefest? We've got plenty of boats running in the salt. At minimum we've got my Nautique, an X-30, a Supra Launch, and an older Malibu.
Old    brianthomas            07-29-2003, 9:21 AM Reply   
Congratulations, you own my dream boat... jerk.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
Okay, that's bad ass. Congrats!
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-30-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
What is holding that cover up in the bow and in the main seating area? Is that to keep the rain from collecting? Is that a snap on cover for trailering? That boat is awesome... Is that tower powder coated silver? I have the same colors on my '01 with a polished tower. I'm looking to have it powdercoated but unsure of what color to go with.
Old    adkelley            07-30-2003, 9:38 AM Reply   
How is the towing with the X5? I am looking at a 4.6 and was curious if I could tow with it. I know the 4.6 has the torque but the wheelbase is a bit short. Let me know
Old    r_brown            07-30-2003, 12:47 PM Reply   
LOOKS SICKKKKKK
Old    chase            07-30-2003, 2:00 PM Reply   
That cute little X5 actually tows his boat rather nicely! I have seen him do a u-turn in a 7-11 parking lot while towing the boat. If I tried that with my Excursion I would have taken out the whole building! The trailer brakes really help though. Without the disc brakes on the trailer it would probably be a little hairy. Nice vehicle though, just a little too small for my Napoleon (Farquad) complex!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2003, 2:14 PM Reply   
That is a sweet boat!

Off the web, the following two are my favorites.

Old    boozcruz33            07-30-2003, 2:19 PM Reply   
The X5 does do a great job towing. I have the 4.4i, and I am amazed at how well the car handles and can accelerate while towing the boat with 400-500 lbs. of lead in it. Of course the tandem axle trailer with disc brakes on both axles doesn't hurt anything... ;)
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-31-2003, 2:36 AM Reply   
VERY NICE! now post some pics with these chicks on your boat (http://www.monstertower.com/shoot2/) and you'll get the "SUPER SICK" rating...

(Message edited by dcervenka on July 31, 2003)
Old    boozcruz33            07-31-2003, 4:35 AM Reply   
actiondcpd,

What you see on the cover is the patented "boat vent" system. Regular poles hold up these vents that supposedly let the boat air out, but don't let any water in. It is a pretty sweet cover... I love having one that I can tow with...