Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-14-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
I was just wondering how that big guy from the CIE crew that broke his leg is doing.

I've been on my crutches now for about five weeks now and it really, really blows. I keep getting spasms up and down my leg which hurt, otherwise everything has been good.

I found that an office chair really works nice when at the lake... you can roll around the parking lot.
Upload
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-14-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
BG's cool...i stopped by his house the other day to see how he was doin and he's moving around pretty well. i think he's getting a walking cast this week if he hasnt already.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-14-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
JR... Tell him to get his leg casted into the shape of a dirtbike boot, so he can get out there and ride. Either that, or a snowboard boot. Ha, ha, ha.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-15-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
he was talkin like he's gonna be able to ride mx this winter...i know he's gonna get a new bike if he hasnt already....
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-15-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
I broke my leg (8/14/008)the same way BG broke his. Tib/Fib spiral break. Rod with 4 screws. I tried to ride my dirt bike in October....hurt to kick start it and swelled up like no other. I got my screws out 12/18/08....within 1 week I was walking without a limp. After a year it feels pretty good.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-15-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Ronnie,
That's good to hear, I'm a little worried how my leg is going to work when it's all done...
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-15-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
Aren't crutches fun. I have been on them since september 3rd. I hope you all heal faster than me. The bones in my foot are taking for ever to get better.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-15-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
Hey Brad,
I see that you are a real estate appraiser.. I am also an appraiser. I closed down my residential office of six years to get my masters degree and now work in a commercial office. I only do litigation related work now. Ignore my ww profile....

My Work!

What did you do to your foot? They really bruised my foot when they put it in the clamp for the surgery...
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-15-2009, 8:01 PM Reply   
You were smart as the residential appraisal business stinks right now. At least I now have time to take some of the classes I need for my SRA. How do you like the switch to commercial work? I was a commercial project manager for a large construction firm before I started appraising so residential was a nice change for me.

My foot was injured by landing out of wack on a tantrum. I fractured three metatarsals. I was lucky that i did not have to have surgery. How long before you are 100% I have about 4 more weeks.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-16-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
Just got out of my cast 2 weeks ago after 3 months in the cast...now the Dr. put me in a ROM brace and i hate this thing more than the cast except for the fact that i can take it off and go in the Jacuzzi....another month on crutches and hopefully i'm done..Oh yeah Tibia fracture at the Tibia Plateau.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzTyIjL7Yg
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-28-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
hey randy do you think your knee brace caused the break?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-28-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Yep sure do....but if it wasn't there i'm sure my knee would have been trashed and looking at over a year in rehab as it stands now i'm 3.1 months into it and have started to walk on it lightly and PT starts next week....could have been worse...On a side note i was relieved that the Doc said after preliminary tests that my ACL reconstruction on that knee seems to be holding up just fine...now time for range of motion