Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    sshallen            07-03-2003, 10:29 PM Reply   
The impeller will not simply pull out by hand or with a pliers. Is there a tool requierd or is it just that the boat I bought has not been run in a long time and it is stuck?

I have a Mastercraft Maristar 225V, 1997 with
LT-1 Corvette V8 if that makes any difference -
getting the four screws off was no issue, getting the impeller out seems impossible right now.
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-04-2003, 6:54 AM Reply   
If the impeller is toast and your replacing it, I would use a screwdriver and use the leverage from the top edge of the housing and place the screwdriver on the shaft of the impeller. I did this with mine and it did the trick. Another thing to try is spray some sort of soap in there for lubrication.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-04-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
I had the same problem with mine. What I did was Take the bolts that hold the housing off and gave the engine a few cranks and it popped out.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-04-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
Sometimes it's just easier to remove the whole impellor housing from the engine and work on it at the bench. Then you can do what you need to and then when you reassemble you don't have to worry about getting o-rings and gaskets to line up as much. Usually, it's just the two bolts holding the unit onto the bracket and then the two hoses and it'll come right out.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com
Old    rndystr            07-04-2003, 11:04 AM Reply   
spray the heck out of it with wd-40,cuss at it, then use two screwdrivers(one on each side to work it out. Some people turn the engine over and it will walk out a little then pry it off.
Randy
Old     (gvanorde)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-05-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
I just changed mine in my 97 Maristar. I found an impeller puller online for about $15. I took the housing off the hoses and did it on the bench. Piece of cake!!!
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-06-2003, 10:30 PM Reply   
We just did this but we're still having issues with the engine overheating, I'm wondering what happened to all the little bits of impeller that were broken off.
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-07-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
There are some leftover fins in the strainer and probably in the hose. Take off the hoses up and downstream from the strainer and get them out.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-07-2003, 10:19 AM Reply   
Steve, I had the same problem - they're in there tight regardless of how old you're boat is.
You don't need to remove or loosen the housing.
Just go buy a pair of vice grip needle nose plyers with good grooves for traction and pull hard.