Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (teamwake)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
Hey Im clearing the wake and im focusing on extending my legs at the wake but i still want more height how do i get more height? Im not getting as high as i could i dont think. Tips?

P.S.: In the for sale accesoies section Ive got a good deal on a baller edition jet pilot wakeboard vest.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-11-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
More line tension. That is all i can really say becuase I dont know exactly how you are poping off the wake. Like you might be backing (flatening) off your edge before you get to the wake. This can and will cause you to lose alot of line tension. If you had a video i could be more helpful.
Old     (slamminp)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2007, 11:50 PM Reply   
progressive edge -> more line tension -> tower pulls you higher
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-12-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
this is one thing in wakeboarding that is hard to learn. Most of the time it's all how hard you can pump. Good things you can do to teach you how to pump hard are cut at the wake pretty hard and completely absorb it then pump down the 2nd wake.

Also practice your ollies in the flats. Also practice cutting at the wake pretty hard, absorbing the first one, then ollie off the back of the 2nd one as hard as you can.

Once you can ollie pretty good, do you progressive edge or whatever you want to call it, and pump the trough, and ollie off the top of the wake.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-15-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
hahah the name of this thread is funny.... use a bong dude!!!
Old     (astonmartini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
haha to Mike, your first priority should be CONSTANT ACCELERATION - it doesn't matter if your flying into the wake if you didn't have smooth, constant acceleration to get going that fast. This is your biggest source of pop. As mentioned, keeping your edge and standing tall are important, too. Doing these things is why the knowledgeable riders will say that you don't need a giant wake to go big. Having someone videotape you helps a lot, too.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-30-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
Thane Dogg, that was a good description!

I have always been confused with the stand tall instruction
to me, that sounds like you need to go perpendicular to the water at the wake
I know that can't be right
my trouble is alwas going to fast
I was a slalom skier in my younger years, and I tend to pull extremely hard and fast from far outside the wake
sometimes the results are painful

someone correct me if I'm wrong....
the technique that is used when doing a flip in the flats....dig and adge in real deep ...then as you release, let the boat and the line tension pull you forward and flip.....
this technique is to be used at the wake....?

so, I can drift in using little effort, dig in at the wake and either ride it through for a wake to wake, or release it at the top for an invert

am I right?
thanks
Old     (wakeboardtrainer)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-30-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Suffering the same handicap. Also desastreus behind a big wake boat.

My thing, short line, cut out only 1/3 to 1/2 then close in easy when doing so stand tall all the way, arms long, go easy in your head and body, timing is important, build up speed in the last part but still stay easy, this will also give you rest and build up the line pull.
Practice this for a time.
Sitting, hard pulling, speeding will destroy it all.
Old     (hmurray)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-07-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
Hey maasmate... nice to see you arround here either.
Thanks again for your advice. We bought the Mastercraft Prostar 190. We've been out last weekend. it was verry nice boarding.
Managed to pull my 1st 180 ollie :-)
I didn't knew your a wakeboard trainer.. im kinda curious of your jumps.

See you next time on the Maas.
Greetz Han Murray