Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (sangster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-30-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
Where are best party houses on the weekend or even during the week for that matter? You know, loud music, lots of liquid flowing and all that good good stuff. I have heard Marlin is one of the better places, any others? I thought it was just old retired people living out there but people on this board seem to talk about it alot like they live there?
Old    jetgofish            05-31-2004, 6:08 PM Reply   
Curt, I live on Marlin, it's no longer got the reputation that it's the "flowing, loud party street".

Disco really doesn't rock during the week, on weekends you can typically find a party, but what else you find there is up to your imagination. Also, while most people are cool with people "just" showing up, it's also nice to know some one that's there out of respect to the home owner!
Old     (sangster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-31-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
Not looking for parties to "show up" at, more curious if I move out there with a family if we will decide it's a big mistake because we can't sleep at night while the rest of the street parties on. So I take it from your response that my concerns are unfounded?
Old    jetgofish            05-31-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
There are currently four houses for rent on Marlin and its a great neighborhood. A lot of Discovery Bay is great. Personally I don't know of any one "bad" area. Just be cautious as you would any other neighbor hood of the unwanted and illegal things that we can stumble upon.

Marlin is an excellent and friendly street. Best of luck to you on your move!
Old     (sangster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-31-2004, 9:47 PM Reply   
To be more clear and straight to the point for anyone that knows the area - any streets to avoid related to the noise issue? I could have just posted that first but I was more curious to see if the first message solicited any interesting responses.
Old     (sangster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-01-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback Teri. Sounds like one of the few renter's markets in the Bay Area (although a micromarket). I'm surprised given the amenities that come with renting there that there are so many places available - especially this time of year.
Old    norcal_99            06-02-2004, 5:24 AM Reply   
Curt, I'm guessing, but maybe it has something to do with the commute to work, the winter fog, the excessive weekend partying, the mosquitos, etc., etc.

Last year when I was thinking about buying in Discovery Bay there were almost 80 homes for sale.

No offense to Discovery Bay, but I ended up deciding, it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Old     (sacdeep)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
I have to agree with Rene, there is alot of other places in the Bay Area I like alot better. And in the area I'm in now rent is low compared to 3 years ago
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-02-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
Listen to Rene.