Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       07-25-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
Here's the deal, I just sold my 2001 Launch to some family friends.

I got a call from the new owner, the perfect pass is cutting out, blowing fuses every other ride. Of course I feel bad and want to help her out. What she did not tell me is that they left the cover off for the past week and it rained heavily for about 3 straight days. (her boyfriend told me last night)

So I think that there is some water in the dash from all the rain and it is shorting out the electrical system.

Is there anything she can do? Pull the dash apart? let it sit in the hot sun? (it is hot right now). Maybe take it in to a electrical shop?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-25-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
Let it sit out in the sun for a coupel of days adn dont; turn the electricla system on during that time. Let it dry out completely. If she does take it somewher make sure she tells them it was sitting out uncovered in rain for a few days.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-25-2007, 10:09 PM Reply   
Call PP, they have great customer service.
Phone (902) 468-2150

or send them an e-mail
techsupport@perfectpass.com
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-26-2007, 1:59 AM Reply   
Also could be the servo got water in it, in the engine compartment.