Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-09-2012, 9:02 PM Reply   
This is in response to a request on another thread to tell what I like about my boats. I hope you will tell what use like about yours too .
Ill start with my Supra. Its a 1989 Sunsport I bought new in 89. I was set to buy a Malibu Sunsetter until I saw the Sunsport. I couldn't believe my eyes totally different than the other brands . Keep in mind comp boats were the kings back then . I needed a larger boat that could go on lake Michigan , hold all equipment and peeps and pull like a Inboard. The sunsport fit perfectly . Who could have known that Supra was so far ahead of their time and wake boarding wound get so much more popular over skiing. I have kept it stock with the exception of a New Dimensions tower and a new sound system. I felt that modifying the boat to hold ballast would ruin it so I needed a new boat if I wanted to surf .
The Supra has about 750 hours and still looks and runs as good as new. We still use it for general water sports and bare-footing. It is good to still feel the same about something you bought 23 years ago.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-09-2012, 10:20 PM Reply   
I purchased my 2008 210 SANTE in Jan 2009 I was going to order a 09 210 when my dealer called me with some deep deals on unsold 08 boats in California . Since the dealers were going out of business and credit was tight they were priced to sell. I signed the papers at the 2009 Chicago Boat Show. Since the first time I saw it I knew it was the right boat, another perfect fit. There are so many things I like about my 210 Ill try to keep it short.

1- Wake, being a Super Air you know the board wake is good but with the push of a button and without a lot of ballast it produces a great surf wake even with only 2 peeps. Although its not a ski boat the wake is surprisingly good at 32mph

2- Tower mine has a stainless steel titan tower . Rock solid, super easy to fold and only sits 2 1/2 '' above the windshield folded. Not to mention dam good looking. Head room is a little tight but any taller would take away from the look.

3- Interior , I love the ''transformer'' interior I can seat 6 facing back comfortably. The look and feel of the vinyl screams quality. Air rams on all seats except bow allows easy access to all the storage areas. The rear deck storage easley holds wake boards skis or surfboards and locks for security. The rubber backed carpet snaps out for easy cleaning. The drivers seat adjusts forward ,back and swivels to face the rear it also has a bolster to raise the height for the wife.There is also a ski storage in the walk through floor it works perfect for anchors. Led lighting through out.

4- Engineering , Nautique engineers their boats to have things fit so they can be maintained easily . Things like ballast and raw water impellers, batteries, circuit breakers, filters , transmission , V drive and gas tank are all accessible. In fact I can change the ballast impellers while in the water in about 2 minutes. The entire floor comes out with 6 screws to access the bilge and fuel tank. The side panels next to the engine slide out with the pull of a pin to easily service the engine and there is at least 12-15 '' of space between the transom and the engine .

5-Hull The hull design is unique to the 210 super solid and quite under way .It handles like a sports car . I have almost 400 hours now nothing is loose NO SPIDER CRACKS, colors and gloss are just like it was new . All hardware is stainless steel as well as the hand rails and cleats. Solid windshield trimmed in stainless steel.

6- Dash I love the layout of the dash with easy to read gauges led backups and zero off GPS throttle control . Every thing is there including depth, water temp,air temp to name a few . This boat is a dream to drive the drivers seat feels like a race car with great side support and over all function.

These are a few of my favorite things about my boats what are yours?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-10-2012, 4:10 AM Reply   
Mine got me back 40% of what i paid for it after 15 years of Troublefree use. I would have gladly bought another but performance,value and styling led me in another direction. But i still think Nautique makes a top notch boat.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-10-2012, 4:14 AM Reply   

This forum is worse than a soap opera sometimes.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-10-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
We would much rather read about the things you like about your boat (e.g. the ski wake you pointed out on TeamTalk) than hear you slam Supra for inferior quality or Mastercraft for inferior resalet, etc. etc.
READ the quote above he is asking for things I like about my boat. The Supra is one of them.

Hey retard, it's like ur nautique. Not supra.

This is one of the most IGNORANT answers I have ever read . Very disrespectful to anybody who is or knows somebody mentally handicapped . I think you owe someone an apology.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-10-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
Not that I agree with the use of the term 'retard' but I think what he was getting at is the title of your thread reads, 'What do you like about your nautique?' and your first post went on to talk about your Supra.

You then said, "These are a few of my favorite things about my boats what are yours?"
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-10-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
I like my mastercraft 2011 X2 for a lot of the same reasons that Mhunt likes his Nautique. In addition I love my classic dash without the electronic screens, I love the wake with the fly high plug n play, absolutely love the interior room. I love the wet sounds gear and led lighting that my Mastercraft dealer installed. I also really like the new style vinyl that they switched to Most importantly I like it because it is a boat and it is mine.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-10-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
If I could change the title I would . I would like to keep this thread on a positive thought . I dont care what you have if there is something you like about it then by all means post it . All brands are welcome . If you are going to bash, put down or go negative then dont post it here.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-10-2012, 6:22 PM Reply   
Old    alanp            04-10-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
biggest bunch of sensitive babies ive seen on any board.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
It's badd ass. / thread