Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       11-23-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
I have not watched to much this year but was super impressed with Syracuse and pretty disapointed with KU's performance against Memphis. KU has done better since but if they want to stay number one they better prove it.

Who gave Duke the #1 vote?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-23-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
My Wildcats finally had a decent outing last night against Dayton. They tried to give it away at the end, but our guard play was very good. What is going to shoot us in the foot in Big XII play is if we can't solve out free throw woes. We have added a lot of scoring and are not going to have to depend on the guard play of Clemente and Pullen every game this year. I'm really excited about having Curtis Kelly (UConn transfer) at the forward spot with the Frosh Wally Judge. I really think we can hang with KU, especially after the Memphis game the other night.

It was night to get a quality pre-season win after missing the NCAAs last year mainly because of a week pre-conference resume.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-02-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
The Heels looked good last night, but I doubt they will duplicate that first half performance the rest of the year. But we got out with a win.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-07-2009, 6:06 AM Reply   
UHHHHH, two losses and we still have to go to Texas. Damn it.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-07-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
Yeah, but you have played some good competition that will get you ready for tourney time. We've only played powder puffs so far. I'd rather have 2 losses and know what the team was about.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-07-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
They are getting there. UK 28-2 run absolutely killed us. But I agree, we have played 4 good teams already with a fifth coming in two weeks. I was actually hoping to be 3-2 at the end of this stretch, and it is still possible, but Texas, that is going to be tough.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-07-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
Ian, I just saw that Pitt State set of photos. Did you ever see Memorial Stadium prior to Mangino? I was at KU-K-State games there that the K-State fans outnumbered the KU fans 4-1. We had a nice crowd for Washington State the other night. I'm interested in seeing how we play against Xavier tomorrow. Our RPI is up to 10 right now. Would like to hit conference play with only that one loss. Could be tough this weekend against UNLV.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-07-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
nu2dagam, what was that about UK? John Wall? Hes the real deal. Big time player. Get used to the name...theres a reason you are hearing about him and Cousins so much.

VT finally played well this weekend. Delaney continues to be a monster. 31 points on sunday, Im hoping he gets ACC player of the year for sure. He had some amazing and ones against UGAs big front line.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-08-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
Cousins isnt that great in my opinion, but I will give Wall his due. He is a great basketball player. But I also said if they win, it will be on Pattersons back and he proved it against us. We can all but wrap it up though, Kansas is going to own this year when the tourney comes around. In my opinion of course, and I sure do hope it is wrong. But none the less, I cant stand Calipari and if the man wants to win a championship, he better start focusing on long term talent and leave the one and done's alone. Good win for UK though. I cant believe it was only a two point game. On the court, it didnt look that close.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-08-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
Nick, yep... that is when I went to college there. And I'd say 4-1 is a conservative estimate :-) I used to park cars in my yard for games. When Nebraska came to town it was probably 10-1!

KSU is looking tough this year, but man, tell your coach to get a suit that fits!

Big XII sure owned the Pac 10 this year in the challenge.

Wall is obviously a 1 and done and very good. I think we might even have a shot at keeping X for two years.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-08-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Henson will definitely be there two years. To be a top 5 prospect, he has yet to shine.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-08-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
I'll be watching the Cats play Xavier tonight. Hope their offense is better early than it was against WSU... Defense has been fairly good.

And of course I'll be in Vegas this weekend to see the Cats take on UNLV!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-10-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
John Wall is good. Thank god he's a 1 and done.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-10-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
man, you aint kiddin Ian.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-10-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Wall is ridiculous!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-14-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Finally some love from the Press and Coaches, in the AP at 17 and the Coaches at 22. Now just to take care of business until we get to conference play. Think we could have taken about anyone the way we shot the ball the other night in Vegas.

Thank god Wall didn't join the other 20 top 100 players at KU this year!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-23-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Big 12 sure is looking good this year. Texas is rolling! KU hasn't played anyone great yet but Memphis and Cal but still undefeated.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-04-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
Wow, KSU ranked 10th right behind UNC! Big 12 play is gonna be TOUGH this year.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-05-2010, 5:18 AM Reply   
College of Charleston? Paging Jonathan Howell!!! hahahaha
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-05-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
how ironic, a KU fan making fun of Roy losing to less than quality competition!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-05-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
I make fun of Jonathan no matter who they lose to.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-05-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Its a great day when UNC loses in anything
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-07-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
I heard this morning from several KU fans that "Cornell would finish in the top 3 of the Big 12 this year, they're that good!" please!!!! just admit you didn't play well, its OK it happens.

Sheryl Collins is nails! Good thing for KU he stuck around.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
haha. We played like donkey a** I have no problems admitting it. We missed a lot of free throws and a lot of layups. We played sloppy defense, sloppy offense and just played like crap.

That being said, Cornell played very well last night. Their offense hit shots and executed very well. They did a great job getting back on defense and keeping us in a half court offense. Without Sherron, we would definitely have lost.

I don't really want to go undefeated into the tourney so a loss or two or three would be good for us, but i'd rather lose a conference game than to Cornell (especially after making fun of UNC about their Coll. of Charleston loss)
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
"I don't really want to go undefeated into the tourney so a loss or two or three would be good for us, but i'd rather lose a conference game than to Cornell (especially after making fun of UNC about their Coll. of Charleston loss)"

I guess you don't have to worry about that one any longer. You have to hand it to the Vols beating the No. 1 team with only 9 players (6 scholarship) and at times with only 7 with JP and Chism on the bench for much of the game with foul problems. Great Game (if you are a UT fan).
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-11-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
KU had no business losing to a shorthanded Tennessee team yesterday. Collins was a turnover machine yesterday on the road... Such is college basketball!

KState vs MU was an ugly game. Can't say I like the way MU plays at home, but they are tough like that for a reason. Kstate needed to keep its composure and not turn the ball over in the last 2 minutes and they steal a "W", but as it was The Cats gotta regroup. I saw a crazy stat yesterday that the Big 12 this season is something like 105-1 at home!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       01-11-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
KU was not very good yesterday but you gotta give a lot of credit to Pearl and the remaining Vols. They came to play when they could have very easily layed down and given up.

KStateAlumni, What do you think of the K-State coach? I don't know anything about him but every time I see him the word scumbag comes to mind.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
KU definitely has not played well since the Temple game. KState losing to Mizzou at home isn't a bad loss as Mizzou is always tough. vols played great yesterday. such is life.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-11-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
Jon,

My parents next door neighbor's daughter babysits for the Martin's. From what I have heard he is a class act guy and is nothing like what he portrays on the sideline. The players seem to love him and other than the little thing with Merriweather the other day that he immediately owned up to, he has been nothing but a class act in Manhattan. I'd take him over any coach in the country that we could lure to Manhattan right now.

Mizzou's streak would not be near 30 games at home if it weren't for the Home Cooking the ref squads put together over there. They looked like they had just got done doing the 7th grade B team game down the street.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
One more thing and then I'm done with the KU game.

How about Hopson's dunk on Aldredge?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
That dunk was sick.... Cole got posterized. He sure hasn't looked like an All American the last few games.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-14-2010, 6:04 AM Reply   
Wow, some tight games last night. KU looks weak again, TX almost went down. UNC gets clobbered. Pitt over UConn. UK sure is looking like the team that has the most going for it right now.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-14-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
Ian, did you see the Cats destory the Turd? I still can't stand that smug SOB from his playing days at KU. Sorry, but that is one of my all time least favorite players. My dad still gets riled up anytime he sees Turgeon on TV

Mizzou looked decent on the road at TT, which does not make me a happy man.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-14-2010, 8:18 PM Reply   
One more thing, exactly where in the Top 15 will the AP put a 5 loss UNC team? How many losses before old Roy and the boys get knocked out?
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-15-2010, 5:18 AM Reply   
Big game on the road tomorrow for the Cats. AT COLORADO! Cats gotta take the Buffs down... Road wins in the B12 this season are coming as a premium I think...

UNC Needs to GTFO of the top 15...
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-16-2010, 7:03 PM Reply   
Now where does a 6 loss UNC team rank???

Beach, decent win for us on the road. As many mistakes as they made and the way they shot from the line, I thought we should have put them down quicker.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-17-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
God I hope they drop them out of the top 25. I mean 6 losses! The Big 12 is easily the toughest conference top to bottom this year. There are NO gimmie games. KU learned that against Nebraska and TX learned that against A&M the other night (and will have a huge test Monday {right?} against KSU.

Can't wait to watch that one! I'll be rooting for you guys. Remember, I only hate Mizzou.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-18-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
UgH I thought the Cats played awful defense Saturday, but the refs were no help... I don't mind them calling games tight but COME ON there was something like 70 combined fouls in that game. No flow, no rhythm... Swallow your damn whistles B12 refs you are making games BORING TO WATCH this season! OK Rant over.

Cats offense sometimes just goes away for stretches and I'm not sure why. Maybe its focus, not sure but it is gonna cost us a game here and there and I think that keeps us from a top 2/3 finish in the B12. And if it doesn't our FT shooting % will! Hope I'm wrong. get it fixed Frank!

Bottom line winning on the road in the B12 is just flat out TOUGH this season... Granted KU dispensed with NU pretty easy, but lets be honest NU played pretty bad defense in the 2nd half.

Tonight's game should be fun to watch! I think Bramlage Col is gonna be loud! Looking forward to this game, hope the Cats can send Texas back to Austin with the "L"... mark it down this game is coming down to DEFENSE! We need Sutton, Samuels and Kelly to come up BIG!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-18-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
remember I only hate KU and NU, and MU sometimes when the announcers won't shut up about MU's "40 fastest minutes",blah blah blah...
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-18-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
ok, now I hate KSuck.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-18-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
nobody cares about you Ian...
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-19-2010, 5:19 AM Reply   
wow... and to think i came on here to congratulate you.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-19-2010, 5:31 AM Reply   
You're just happy the Cats won because you think it helps KU... Its OK Ian I don't hold it against you, I just know how you JHawks think!

Glad the cats protected home court. I'm absolutely baffled we won that game shooting 1/13 or whatever it was from beyond the arc. If Clemente or Pullen has a normal scoring night we blow Texas out of the building with 10 minutes left in the 2nd half.

Cats better be shooting FT's all frigging week, they were horrendous at the charity stripe.

Glad to see McGruder starting to get playing time, that kid has some offensive talent. Kelly and Samuels, way to come up big boys!

Overall that game was fun to watch, great crowd, and of course watching Rick Barnes melt down is always funny!

EMAW!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
They should pull Knight as an announcer. I got so tired of hearing him praise Texas, while they were getting there buts handed to them!

The crowd chanted, "overrated"(as every crowd does when they beat a higher ranked team) and all they talked about was how Texas was not overrated. Sorry, but when you are #1 and get beat by #10, that usually means you are overrated.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-19-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
How does a Cats win help KU? I am not making that connection at all??? I'm just hoping KU makes it past an up and coming Baylor squad on Wed.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-19-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
I didn't say "it helps KU" I said "you think it helps KU"... please read Ian

You think it helps KU because you automatically assume KU is going to run the Big 12 and coast to a title, blah blah we know you invented basketball, and maybe they might win the B12 but maybe they lose a few games along the way as I think every team in the B12 will this season. The B12 is IMO the toughest conference top to bottom in College basketball this season.

At this point in the season there are 4 teams that could legitimately win the B12...
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-19-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
the funny thing is I don't even care about winning the big 12. It never even crossed my mind. I do agree that the Big 12 top to bottom is very tough. You KSU guys are so obsessed with KU, it's hilarious.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
I am back Ian, what in the world has happened to my boys. 6 losses already and havent even played Duke once. I swear they can play good ball, but the turnovers, uggghhh!!!!
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Nick, obvioulsy it will take more than 6 losses to get UNC out of the Top 25. Gotta love that East Coast bias : ) And you cant say a whole lot about it. UCONN is still above UNC in the top 25 and they have 6 losses. Man college basketball is getting soooooo good. So many teams just sliding by. We have been on the wrong end of two (2) point losses. So it goes though. That UNC/Georgia Tech game was fun to watch, even though we could not pull it out.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Not to mention 5 of those teams are ranked in the Top 25. Now C of C UNC plays a tough Wake Forest team this Wednesday. I cant imagine 3 losses in a row. That would be unheard of. But I will take all the jokes now, I am sure none of you want UNC in your bracket come March : )
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
And Tyler Zeller is out AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-19-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
That is the truth. Talk all the trash you want but it was only 9 months ago that UNC won the National Championship for the second time in 5 years. It doesn't matter what they're ranked, no one wants to see UNC in their bracket come March Madness.

My prediction is that they won't go that far this year but in 2-3 years UNC will be in the final four again. They will upset someone in the tournament this year.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-19-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
NOt only is Zeller out (which is fine with me), but DrewII and Ed Davis didn't practice yesterday either. Drew may play tomorrow, but Davis is doubtful. They are talking about a possible Travis Wear start.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
And in the C of C game, UNC was without Ginyard again and Will Graves. Which, although Will in not on fire, he is one of the only consistent 3 point threats UNC has. HOPEFULLY they will pull it together and win a couple of these close ones.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
That is assuming we make the tournament
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-21-2010, 5:23 AM Reply   
PLEASE - SOMEBODY - STOP THE BLEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-21-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
yeah, rough season Jonathan, but at least you are the reigning national champs. KU had a very tough time with a good Baylor team last night. If they were just a bit deeper I think they would have beat us. And if we didn't have Sherron, we'd have 4 losses already.
Old     (mellowman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-21-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
"Sorry, but when you are #1 and get beat by #10, that usually means you are overrated."

Really???? Yeah, don't agree with that statement.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-21-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
Yeah Ian, we will see. We were without Zeller and Ed Davis last night. We cant suck up the injuries like we did last year. And NC State beat Duke, I guess that was an upside.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-21-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
hmm, Mellow Man, i am not sure that the statement isn't true. Do you think TX should be ranked number 1 right now or should UK? If you think UK then you must agree with the statement that UT was overrated as a number 1.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-21-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
I about spit my beer out when they were talking about the students chanting "We own Texas" and they said something about having to go 'to Austin' and play Texas in KC. Don't you think as an announcer on a huge game you should have a little knowledge of how a conferences schedule works??

Ian, you think we're obsessed with you guys? Our message boards are swamped with KU fans that are starting to sweat....

Beach, it looks like you and Ian are about to get into a KU Football/Basketball brawl!

I'm thinking 7 losses is the magic number for UNC
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-22-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
Nick, that puts us undefeated the rest of the season and the National Champs. We are going to screw up all year, almost miss a NCAA bid, win the conference tournament to get in, and make it to the final four. It is college basketball you know : )
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-22-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
I will be the first to admit, the KU message boards are filled with a lot of d-bags. You are probably right about KU guys going on other boards, but I know it happens the other way around too. I'm excited that the B12 has a lot of talent. Kudos to KSU for building a great team. It only helps KU to have to play better talent all year. It's good for everyone. Now, if Mizzou would just always be at the bottom of hte barrel I'd be happy.

UNC to the final four? come on.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-22-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
Thats right, you heard it here first baby, FINAL FOUR!!!!!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-22-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
UNC last FOUR in Maybe, but Final Four??? you can't be serious!
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-22-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
KState, is this your first year watching basketball or something. Kentucky is about to be the #1 team in the nation and UNC lost to them by 2. They played without their best player against Wake Forest when they lost. They played without their only 3 point shooter and one of the two only seniors they have against C of C. They have been ran out a couple of times, but just like I wouldnt count Kansas out last year, I woulnt count UNC out this year. We have plenty of size and speed and if the boys will start hitting shots, things change quickly. Maybe you will luck out and meet our sorry team in the NCAA. I am sure you will be looking forward to seeing us in your bracket.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-22-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
Wow, Beach he called you out. Jonathan, I meant 7 is the magic number for UNC to exit the Top 25. I have seen stranger things than UNC making the Final 4, but at this pace, they better hope their name gets them in. I'm sure that 22-10 gets UNC in, unlike what happened to two very good K-State teams in the last 3 years.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-23-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
If any of you haven't had the chance to watch Evan Turner from Ohio State play this year you need to do so ASAP. If he hadn't gotten hurt earlier in the year I think he would be right there with Wall for POY talk and he should be there right now too.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-23-2010, 1:13 PM Reply   
I don't think Evan Turner is out for POY yet. That dude is amazing.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-23-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
Well my posting about him during half time must have jinxed him or something. The bucks came out flat and WVU took advantage.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-23-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
Well my posting about him during half time must have jinxed the Buckeyes or something. The bucks came out flat and WVU took advantage.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-25-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
And down goes Frasier
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-25-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Going on a snowmobile trip this weekend, going to have to DVR the KU/KSU matchup. Should be good. bummer for KSU that Texas lost to UConn (and that KSU lost this weekend).

http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=49799.0
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-25-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
oh, and yes I did notice UNC is now unranked.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-25-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Those ksufans.com guys are a bunch of tools. I don't even go on that site. The world is coming to an end everytime we lose a game with them....
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-25-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
I certainly don't think the world is ending however losing at HOME in this years Big 12 is basically like losing twice. Not sure why the cats came out so flat and disinterested...

Big games this week.
MU at KU
KSU at Baylor
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-25-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
Beach, I thought you were a GoPowercat guy? I heard they were already talking about firing Curry over at ksufans because he hadn't locked Frank's contract up yet?

My opinion, if we beat Baylor this week, we are even ater losing at home to Okie State. I'm not that worried. Okie State is not a bad ball club and we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. We'll be fine. I'm kind of like Ian, I could careless if we win the Big 12. Yes, it would be amazing, but I'd much rather get deep into the tourney. I'm just hoping we somehow end up in STL in the Regionals, I'll be there in a heartbeat.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-25-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
I quit GoPowercat cold turkey before summer. That place was in constant meltdown! Now I take my $9.95 extra per month and drink two extra beers instead! Trust me its money better spent.

IMO Curry shouldn't have to lock up Frank in the middle of a season. I think Kevin Keitzman sorta blew that info up when he reported it on 810. Again he's always in meltdown mode too.

You're right Okie State is not a bad ball club, Anderson and Moses are very talented players. I just don't understand why Pullen and Clemente have sucked so bad the last 2.5 games? I think with our guards firing on all cylinders and Samuels and Kelly playing the way they are right now, KState is a tough team. If our guards continue to shoot 3 for 25 like they have been recently KState is mediocre.

I'm all about the tourney run, but I don't like seeing us dump conference home games either.

I'm wondering which team the referees are favoring tonight. Tiggers or Phags? Is it too much to hope that AFH implodes during the game?
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-25-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
Oh back to the Frank Martin contract deal. I DO think Coach Martin is worth more than the 10th highest paid coach in the Big 12, he probably should be somewhere around the top 6 coaches because I think he's a good coach who can stay at K-State for alot of years building a program. However I think our old AD (If you want to call him that) and Ron Prince have left the Athletic Dept in a bit of financial trouble that Curry is dealing with at the moment. So that is something all coaches should be tolerant of.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-25-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Our best AD in the last 20 years sold us out the first chance he got and moved on to the Big 12. Call me crazy, but once Snyder finds a successor, I would like to see him move into the AD spot for a couple years and get that place cleaned up. I'm a fan of what Michigan did. Hire a big time CEO and start running the athletic department like what it is, a business.

If we could have one game where the bigs, Pullen and Clemente all came together, look out. Closest complete game was probably UNLV. If Pullen would have been on, we would have beat Texas by 20.