Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (malibukid)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-09-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
Who has ridden on Lake Sinclair? How was the layout of the lake, water quality...etc? We just bought an acre of lake front property there for a vacation home but live and ride on the west coast and have never ridden on the lake.
Old     (michaelb14)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-09-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeboardatlanta.com

you can find some guys here that have ridden Sinclar.

I know it used to be a heated lake (power plant)
Old     (jsimpson7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
i believe it is pretty good...i think the only thing you might have to worry about is tree stumps...but not sure though...definetly check wakeboard atlanta...i actually live close to sinclair, but i ski at a different lake....and yes, it used to be a heated lake, but the power plant has changed the way they do things (i think)....
Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-10-2006, 4:47 AM Reply   
Chris,
We have a place on Sinlcair and must say its not that bad for riding. As you most likely know, the lake has plenty of fingers and coves, some of which are great for riding. On weekdays, any part of the lake can be really nice. Our place in Erin Shores, which is over towards east lake, getting closer to the dam. The only thing is that the lake is used by the power plant and fluctuates in volume on a daily basis. I believe in the evening it gets to its highest and in the morning, its about 18" lower. We dont get up there as much as I would like living in FL, but it is def a fun place. Enjoy!
Old     (malibukid)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-10-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
Brian,
My place is in Erin Shores as well, lot #119. How are the facilities at Erin Shores, we have never been there?
Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-10-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Chris,
That sounds great. Erin Shores is nice. The facilities could use some work though. I launched my boat from their launch for the first time when I was up there. Rear exhaust was blowing water and had to reverse the boat to get it off. The slope to the ramp is almost non existent. The water around the points at this cove get a little shallow as well. Mostly because of some rocks that people have put in, but for the most part, it has been marked. Beyond that, the neighborhood is pretty nice. There is a tennis/basketball court as well as a little field. It is about a 15-20 car ride from Milledgeville, but it does have a little corner store within 5 Min for the little stuff. There are some nice homes in there. The water on that side of the lake is great as well, clear compared to the west and north ends. As far as riding goes, directly across the channel is an awesome cove for riding.

I only got up that way about 4 times this summer. We havent built our house yet, but the boat house is done. We are trying to figure out exactly how we want the place to look. Beyond all of that, I do think you will enjoy the area. I look forward to seeing you up that way. We have a black X2 with red graphics. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you find.

Brian
Old     (malibukid)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-10-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
That sounds great Brian, thanks for the info. We haven't built the house yet either, we are going to NC for a week this summer and then going to spend a week somewhere at the lake searching for a good contractor to build the place. Our goal is to build a nice moderate size home with boat house and all of the goodies, use it for 2 weeks in the summer and vacation rent it for the balance of the year. Ultimately we will probably end up moving to that area, if I can get the wife out of San Diego.
Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-10-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
Chris,
I know in Erin shores there are restrictions on the boat house. There is a guy who does a good job on those and when I find his name, I will send it to you. Good quality, and fast. If you have to have it done, he will install the bulkhead and boathouse, and at a very reasonable price. He has done several of them and knows just how they are allowed to be done there.

As far as builders go, we are looking as well. We actually have a construction firm here in FL and are considering sending one of our guys there to coordinate the project. We will see. Good luck with the search. I am sure you will enjoy the area.
Old     (jnelson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-10-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
I live in Orlando but I grew up fiding on Sinclaire. Forget about smooth water on the weekends but it is a good social sceen. There are alot of sea walls but days that are good it is good all over the lake! Where is your lake lot? Let me know if you have any more questions.