Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
It seems that when I hit double ups I cant keep my body in control while in the air. I have the tendency to go off axis or even start turning to a partial blind 180. Does anyone have this same problem, and if so how do you control it? Thanks.
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
Yeah I can say I do that to, I entered a double up competition yesterday and got launched off axis 3 times in a row. I think I missed the double up completely on one of them. Yeah I agree that they are hard to hit without getting bucked off axis.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       09-27-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
Don't look down.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
Hmmm..I know I do look down, cant help it when I am way up their. I will work on that next time. Anyone else?
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
I think there is really is no good pointers I think you got to be just good..... Practice makes perfect, only problem is you need a good driver who can drive them good for you.
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
DU Picture from yesterday
DU
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
Mark DU Raley
DU
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
Here is the guy who one it with a late 360 believe it or not.
Mike 360 rotation
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
This is pretty much what I looked like
DU Crash
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       09-27-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
Don't look down, take an easy progressive cut in, edge all the way to the top of the double up, keep your handle in control and near your hips (in your center-line as well) If you have too much weight on your back foot, it will also screw you up in the air.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-27-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
i always have a hard time timing out the double up, i seem to always miss it. but when i do get it just right i get launched crazy high but cant hold the landing, any tips to help me out on the timing?
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-27-2004, 7:38 PM Reply   
I always try to start my cut as late as possible and almost have to chase to get to the third hidden roller. remember you want to approach the double up like you are going w2w so coming in late forces a progressive cut. this makes line tension very high. at this very moment your 3-stage culminates with the double-up and coupled with a progressive cut all add up to an explosive mixture that usually sends you flaling aimlessly into the flats usually landing on your head....! But if you do it right... God save your knees.
check out this link of me ridin this summer. on the 2nd pic im getting pulled over the front and struggle to hold on.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/182722.html?1091547968
Old    edward            09-27-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
i look out where i'm landing and just take it pretty much as a regular jump...except it just goes alot higher. with timing i pick which roller i want to hit and follow it all the wake to the intersection of the wakes. i can hit them pretty much every time and almost nailed a hs 3 off one 2 weeks ago. just practice and you'll get the timeing. also with the landings if your landing on the top of the other wake that will make it difficult but make sure you extend your legs somewhat so that you can use them to absorb the impact, its really hard to land stuff when your all bunched up in a ball and your legs can't bend anymore.
Old    crooked            09-27-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
going off axix can be caused by hitting a bit to late, just bend your knees a little and hold the rope in some to give you some slack if it keeps happening... if all else fails and you know your gonna die, throw somthin sick