Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-31-2011, 7:09 PM Reply   
My sister and brother inlaw are seriously looking for a boat. They have got the fever bad so I thought I would start a thread on here as you guys always seems to find deals that I didn't even know existed. They have a budget of 25K that they would like to stick to and don't have much preference except that it be a vdrive. They are in Oklahoma but don't mind a long long drive for the right deal.

They are driving this weekend to look at a Calabria at Central Texas Water Sports in Austin Texas in anybody knows anything about it.

Thanks guys.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-31-2011, 7:34 PM Reply   
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/2288417166.html

check that baby out. Right up there in Dallas.
Perfect pass, decent hours, great upholstery, and matching trailer.

I believe that is the same hull right through to the 2005 super airs.
Plus it won't have the digital guages which were a big deal to replace from the early 2000's.

Not everyone will dig that color green but I don't mind it.
If I was in the market this would be on my list to check out.

They might want to check this one out on their way in/out of TX.

Hope this helps.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       03-31-2011, 8:14 PM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=27705

Here is a pretty nice X-Star, (current X-1 Hull). Might want to see if you can get a few more pics, not sure what condition the interior looks like.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-01-2011, 4:51 AM Reply   
I've got an XStar that is right in your budget. I'm up in Minneapolis. Let shoot me an email at jlfogelson@hotmail.com if you want more details.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-01-2011, 4:12 PM Reply   
Brenner, What does your sister/BIL want to use the boat for? Cruising, partying, surfing, hardcore wakeboarding, skiing, etc??? How many people are they goign to take out regularly? I am probably going to go with the unpopular choice on this site but I would much rather have that couple year newer CAL Pro V over an older SAN/Supersport or an old Xstar unless I really wanted a core wake. The Calabria is a very nice boat that has a better surf wake, way more interior room, more storage and a better rough water ride then either a SAN or Xstar. The interior room isn't even close between the ProV and the other 2 boats. The ProV will feel like a living room. That ProV seems pretty well loaded as well. Just plumb in some rear surf sacks and you are all set. The only other thing I would think about doing is swapping the manual trim plate for a trim tab and do a custom stereo.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-04-2011, 5:19 AM Reply   
One of the boats I lake tested at pier 51 (lake keystone) was a 23' maristar with factory tower and it was in great shape. I think they were wanting 23???
I would stay away from the red/black 01 vlx in tulsa it's rough!!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-04-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
You could easily find a nice first generation Malibu VLX in that price range. Great boat. Good size and awesome wake. Get it with the Titan tower. They were bomb proof.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
A friend is selling a 2004 X2 with full NVS 10" hlcd's on the tower. Perfect pass, auto ballast, etc...Red hull. Sexy boat. Cadillac Northstar 350 horse motor.

Near Sacto ca.

pm me if you are interested.
Attached Images

Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-04-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
^^ Never seen that motor in that hull. You sure it's not the 350 hp MCX? Thought the caddy motor had aprx. 365 hp?

Evan, No more MC recommendations? What gives? Congrats on the LSV. Can't wait to see it....
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2011, 11:57 AM Reply   
I think you are right - about the MCX - but I thought that it was based off the northstar...could be wrong, but it is the 350 horse or similar...
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       04-04-2011, 12:25 PM Reply   
The only engine with NorthStar branded ignition that I'm aware of that were available in MasterCrafts was the 330 HP LTR (From about '99-02). I think the '04 350 HP option would have been the MCX as stated above.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
I think you guys must be right, so is that just a souped up Magski with a different intake manifold? (not to derail the topic...but since the OP seems to have vanished..)

That boat pulls hard. Acme prop with that motor just about rips my arms off when the tanks are "empty"...

I would like to get back to what the OP is finding also...
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-06-2011, 7:55 AM Reply   
here you go but better hurry this one wont last long
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/2306491599.html
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-06-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...=0&#entry47984
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-06-2011, 12:37 PM Reply   
http://wakeboardboatauction.blogspot.com/