Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-27-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
After looking arround and several other posts, especially the "lets see your new settup" post i am seeing alot of people who have got the new zeus bindings or who are going to be getting them
and i want to put out a warning (based on my experiences) or rather make known to everone a quick and simple fix that MUST be done.

I am not a polar bear so i have only tried the bindings on in the tub, nevertheless the experience was great: the hinge is great, the heel kidneys nice, the articulated (segmented) toe piece rather conforming despite lack of wearing time, really quite commfy and supportive as i could tell.
I had alot of fun playing with the lace system, especially the recoil device (i like the idea of laces being out of the way EASILY but still accessable), until the knot at the very top came undone and i pulled the whole length out of the system

I became very frustrated with feeding it back through the system, but once i figured out a method to do so (2 hours later) then it was not too bad.

I posted a review for others to look at that describes my experience in great great length and detail if you want to read

http://www.wakeworld.com/boots/getboot8.asp?ProductID=3440

only one other person has posted a review, but for the 06 zeus. I will agree to his post to say it will be a pain to replace the ties if ever needed, but i do not share his same enphasis that it would be a P.I.T.A.

CWB was smart enough to make it so the recoil will NOT suck the entire lace in. AND IF the lace were ever to brake a t a short length, they could probably send a new recoil device with lace to feed through yourself by my method i invented (in the review reading) or your own method, or CWB's method, whatever it entails or will entail.

AGAIN, RETIE THE KNOT... TIE A BOWLINE OR SOMETHING MORE RELIABLE BEFORE YOU HIT THE WATER (LAKE OR TUB)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-27-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-28-2007, 2:04 AM Reply   
The Chinese suck at tying knots.
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for that heads up, I checked mine and one of them was tied pretty well, the other one just had a plain slipknot on it.
Old     (mwaken)      Join Date: May 2003       01-28-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
The knots on some of them are not tied tightly and re-tying them is a good idea. As for the reoil device it works very well but if it does break your local shop will have replacement ones and they should know how to relace it, it is very simple to do.

As for the difficult part to relace that you mentioned Jeremy it actually is a lot simpler than you think. The locking piece that slides back and forth to lock the laces in place actually comes out. Just put a flat head screwdriver underneath it, lift it up a little, and then push it out. And it just pops back in when you're done relacing it. Hope that helps.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-28-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
Man, Yup, I should have called CWB first
i guess i had alittle too much pride in doing it on my own AND a too little patience

Good to know the thing comes out, i looked at it to see if it would, but i guess i did not look long or hard enough
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-28-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
I just got mine today and all I can say is amazing. I'm psyched to get these on my 07 marius platinum and ride. Too bad it's so cold. Thanks for the heads up Jeremy.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-28-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
I love my 07 Zeus bindings!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-28-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
I bought a pair and they actually emailed me saying that the first batch had a faulty knot. Sent instructions on how to correct it and said that the problem had been corrected.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-29-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
i Love mine too (zeus bindings) despite my experience
good to hear about cwb making some updates too. hopefully all this chit chat and updates and what nots will give others nothing but great experieces
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-29-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
CAN SOEONE DO ME (AND OTHERS) A FAVOR:

I tried to make a second review to the zeus bindings to put some of this info on it to help people who are or will be looking into this binding, but it wouldnt let me do a second review. i tried a variation in my email but it either has not been posted yet or it wont be.

NEXT PERSON TO REVIEW IT PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE WEB ADDRESS FOR THIS POST AND ANY OTHER HELPFUL COMMENTS...
Old     (tsbs)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
Another thing thing I found that works great to save the recoils is to pull the recoil device, then wrap the strings around your fingers and snug up the laces with you're fingers rather than the recoil. It's un-fortunate that the recoils aren't the strongest, because the bindings are otherwise sick.....

Like Matt said though, it's my understanding that local shops will stock the recoil device in-case of failure.
Old     (andrew_dyrhood)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-03-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
i do a clinch knot used to catch the largest fishies in the sea ..then melt them down with a flame and your set.