Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 5:34 AM Reply   
I know what days the world championship is being held but I can't find a schedule of events or a contact person. The Centurion world championship website has next to no info and it says that it is supposed to be update July 1. Doesn't look like it is going to be updated since the worlds are a few days away. Does anybody know who to contact for a schedule of events or how to get the schedule?
Old    surfdad            08-21-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Hey Roy,

I know how frustrating it can be when you are trying to make arrangements from out of state. The AWSA will be providing judging for this event, but Centurion is the actual organizer.

There was a prior commitment which took the organizer out of the country, but I do believe that those folks will be available this week to start addressing questions.

The actual schedule is completely dependent upon the number of riders and in the divisions they enter. Since it appears this contest will be allowing registration up to and including the day of the contest, having a defenitive schedule probably isn't feasible. For example, slotting 2 hours for a "girls - under 16 division" if there are no entrants wouldn't be prudent.

Most likely, if past contests are any indication, it will be amateurs first, starting with boys and girls and then working through to the men's and women's open divisions, preliminary rounds, if time permits.

Having been around contests a long time and organizing a bunch of them, my best recommendation is to be there for the entire event.
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
Jeff,

Thanks for the update. My dilemma is the earliest that I can arrive at SFO is 10:30 am on Saturday. I'm guessing that by the time I rent a car and drive to Merced it will take at least another 3-4 hours if all goes well. Not sure if this will work with what you are describing.
Old     (alecia_lts)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-21-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Roy-

I spoke with Kayce at Centurion last night. The riders meeting starts at 730 am, and the first rider is on the water at 8. She did not know who would go first, but im guessing it will start with 15 and under. Sorry I couldnt have been of more help. hope to see you out there!
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-21-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Roy can you get to Sacramento International sooner? Its closer than SFO anyhow.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-21-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Just spoke to Fineline and open reg starts 8:00am-5:00 Friday. Will have a boat line to tie up to if you bring your boat and want to watch. Park fee's are $6 per car and another $6 if you bring your boat. Have fun.
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
Kevin, the schedule is now available at http://www.worldwakesurfingchampionships.com/. Thank you for the updates and suggestions. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we can get there in time. Will have to plan better for next year.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-21-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
Alecia good luck and I hope you kick butt.
And to all the other riders I hope you have great rides.
ITCH
LIFT CLOTHING
Old    surfdad            08-21-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Just so that everyone knows without having to go to the website, Friday is for registration and a first come, first serve practice.

The organizers really need everyone to make a concerted effort to get their registration forms in early - if you haven't done so, fax or email them TODAY, please. Also, there are bio's and liability releases that need to be completed on Friday. There will be limited time on Saturday morning, so everyone's assistance in getting that done on Friday would be greatly appreciated.