Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    ratm3706            02-10-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
Hey everybody, in the search for quality speaker canister without the hefty price tag, I found some incredible aluminum canisters for an outrageous price. These are absolutely profesional grade canisters with all welded/sanded seams. They can be customized to your application ie, mounts, size, etc. NO, I am not working for this person, and I am not sponsered by him. I just found an awesome product that I wanted to share with everyone. If you want to talk directly with the man, here is his wakeworld name Scott Schroeder (buttskimmer) You all should email him at Scott Schroeder [SSchroeder@cletex.com]. He will help you out. thanks for your moment.
Daniel
Old    jjeboarder            02-10-2003, 4:01 PM Reply   
Post the price!
I couldn't email him.
Old    buttskimmer            02-10-2003, 5:07 PM Reply   
Ok - here ya go
5" pipe- takes 4 1/2" speakers &
6" pipe - takes 5 1/4" speakers are $125.00 each
They are ready for primer and paint. No mounts included in that price. Some are available - custom made to order. Freight costs depends on what you order and where you live.
8" & 10" alum tubes are available upon request.
I made our tower too!
Its not letting me post the pics right now
e-mail is
sschroeder@cletex.com
This is my work e-mail so until tommorrow you will have to post here.
~S~

(Message edited by buttskimmer on February 10, 2003)
Old    hlboatsnboards            02-10-2003, 5:32 PM Reply   
ok, lets figure this up

for a 5.25 speaker...
Enclosure $125.00
Speaker $50.00
Mount $50.00
Powdercoat $40.00

That is $265 per speaker. Now I know you can probably cut some cost with cheap speakers, cheap mounts, and spray paint. But what will they look like?

Not being pessimistic, I guess I was after a better enclosure price. That seems a little high to me. But that is just my $.02

B
Old    buttskimmer            02-10-2003, 6:00 PM Reply   
http://www.fishingworks.com/Users/UserFolders/silvtongdvl/PhotoImages/Thumbnails/before%20extra%20tubes.jpg

(Message edited by buttskimmer on February 10, 2003)
Old    ratm3706            02-10-2003, 6:06 PM Reply   
Hey boats and boards, For the finish and quality, they are well worth the money. A comparable speaker would be almost twice as much. Yes they do not come totally finished however, doing it yourself makes it all the more worth while.
Old    buttskimmer            02-10-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
More pics to follow tommorrow -----
I personally don't powder coat - I use etching primer for alum - base coat - clear coat. Decals can be installed after the second coat of clear and the third over the decals to keep them from fading or peeling. Any car painting place would have these supplies. You can paint them wild - to match your boat - anything. You get to pick your own speakers - right now at best buy - Sony explode speakers are 69 bucks a pair - pioneer - rockforte fosgates were 87 a pair- 100 with tax. These speakers are always available to you at Best buy should you blow one - not some boat place that wants 100 each for the same quality speaker. Mounts can be found at any grainger or hardware store. I can custom make - plate/sheet type easy.
They are customized by you - they are not for everybody.
~S~
Old    scubastevebps            02-10-2003, 7:39 PM Reply   
Do you have any more pictures?
Old    liquidforcer88            02-10-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
Wow man thats sounds like a great deal, beats spending 700-1000$ for a pair of tubbies, i'd buy a pair but i already wasted my money on some Boss speakers. I'm kicking myself rightnow seeing this deal.

Well cya David Thuneman
Old    buttskimmer            02-11-2003, 6:10 AM Reply   
http://www.fishingworks.com/Users/UserFolders/silvtongdvl/PhotoImages/before%20extra%20tubes.jpg

(Message edited by buttskimmer on February 11, 2003)
Old    buttskimmer            02-11-2003, 6:20 AM Reply   
I need to find out whats going on

(Message edited by buttskimmer on February 11, 2003)
Old    hockeyruss            02-11-2003, 6:57 AM Reply   
I think I have to agree with Bill on this one, expensive.....if you want a cheaper alternative make some out of PVC, should be around $25 with all the hardware.
Old    jjeboarder            02-11-2003, 7:04 AM Reply   
Scott I need a tube with a 7"ID so I can mount some 6.5" MB QUART.
Does that 8" tube have a 1/2" wall thickness?
Old    buttskimmer            02-11-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
Jeff,
Not the tube I have in stock. More room inside the can is good to a point. Heavy walled pipe like that gets real expensive. In order to get the price right I would have to order 20ft of pipe. How many do you want?
~S~
Old    jjeboarder            02-12-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
Scott,
My speakers need a 7" hole in order to mount them.
I need 4 of them.
I have been looking for the tubing my self but they want to sell me 24ft. of pipe at $18.00 a ft.
or $250.00 for 3ft.
Old    buttskimmer            02-12-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Measure the dia. of the mounting bolt pattern. Then we need to add about 1/2" to that dia to get the right pipe or tube size. Pipe is measured on the I.D. - that is to say the inside hole of the pipe. Tubing is measured on the O.D. the outside. The flange that holds the speaker either needs to be mounted inside the pipe (strongest way) or the flange is welded to the end of the pipe and therefore must be larger than the pipe. Do you have the speakers you want to use - or can you measure them at the store? Is tubing ok or do you want pipe.
~S~
Old    jjeboarder            02-13-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
Yes, I have the speakers and it takes a 7" hole.
If you go to the MB QUART web site they show you the mounting diagram.
The speaker has a mounting ring that goes on the out side of the speaker, the speaker mounts to the ring then you mount the ring to the tube.
The ring is there so you can mount the grille on it.
Old    buttskimmer            02-13-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
I looked at 116 - you will need 8" pipe or tube. The mounting flange that I will to weld in the end will be 7" on the ID and 8" on the OD. That gives you 1/2" per side to screw the mounting ring to the flange
~S~
Old    cws_kahuna            02-13-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
Look pretty good but seems expensive. I bought my speakers from www.FluidConcepts.net and if those figures above for $265 per speaker are accurate Fluids speaker set is cheaper.
Old    jjeboarder            02-14-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
Scott,
That sounds good how much for the 8" tubes?
How long do you build them?
Do you have more pic's?
Old    buttskimmer            02-15-2003, 6:41 PM Reply   
I might have a line on a short piece of 8" alum pipe. The guy was checking for me on friday - but never called back. If he has it $100 each plus freight. How long do you want them. Do you want any type of flat type mount on them? The flanges would be made out of 3/16" thick alum plate. I have no pics of 8" tubes - haven't built any that size yet. My paint guy craped out and didn't paint mine. Can't complain - he's doing it for free. I buy lots of paint.
I have some more at work I can e-mail to you Monday.
~S~
Old     (wakeair1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-17-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
We have our WA2120 Single 6.5" Enclosures that sells for $375 a pair. That includes Polished billet Clamps, Black Powdercoat finish, 6.5" Pioneer speakers.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
check the power ratings on these so called "speakers" that are being mentioned cheaply because you wont be hearing them at 70-60- or 50 feet while boarding at 20 mph. Youll want at least 100 watts rms per channel preferably more. Im running 150 right now and will be upgrading to 200 per side before summer.