Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
Alright so I know there has been like fifty of these questions about handles in the past weeks, but i don't know how to get to them..sooo. I was wondering what peoples preferences are with handle size, thick or thin, and how the handle is made. Do most people ride with a handle that has a stiff triangle all around or with a handle with the triangle side being rope, ex. the LF watson handle. How important is buying the right handle, i know all about rope importance, but does certain factors play a role in the handle in term of handle passes, or pull on the line. I have been wakeboarding for four years, and ride all summer long. Basically, I need a new handle!!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
its all personal preference with handles. what ever feels good is the right one for you.

if a handle is too thin you will be clenching it tighter which will give you blisters and get you tired.

if a handle is too thick then you might feel like you cant grip it and that you are slipping.

shaped handles allow you to relax your grip without causing the handle to slip.

go feel some handles and see what you like!
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-31-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
Proline LG, Its my favorite Handle I've used. Try one you will love it.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-31-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
Premier handle here. Its a shaped one and still soft. Stay away from rubber. Unless you dont value the skin on your hands. Or screw it just get some super glue and duck tape. Youll never lose the handle
Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2008, 2:11 PM Reply   
When you say shaped handles your are talking about...the whole handle is in-effect like all fiberglass or hard material?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
I love the ERA ...thicker than normal, some coosh to it, easy on the hands, not to heavy...

worth a look at, or Ronix makes one that seems similar
Old     (pete_moss)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-31-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
Shaped handles means just the part you grip is in a particular shape (like square or triangular) as opposed to just round.

I've got the Accurate Zero G Carbon handle and I love it. It's all personal preference though.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-31-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
i like the carbon handles. i had a proline lg and liked it at first then my dad got me a catalyst carbon and i love it. now when i ride with a handle that isnt carbon, i feel like i lose alot of my control. but then again, alot of pros absolutely rip without a carbon handle. i really dont think it matters. just whatever you find most comfortable
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
Ive really liked my Ronix Totem
it is a bit thicker than normal but, some of that extra diameter is because it has a memmory-foam-like stuff on it so it is superiorly soft and comfy.

It is really grippy too, there are lots of little bumps that help the grip

it has sort of a carbon handle feel/look to it and a regular roped handle feel/look to it because the solid portion goes beyond the grip but not all the way to the main line.

But i definitely agree on the preference thing. If you can, go to a store and "grab" a couple. Get another person to hold one end of the rope and pull on it so you can get more of an idea on how it feels when getting pulled.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       06-05-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
Any new input on preferred handles?
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-05-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
Everyone that rides on my boat loves my Accurate Catalyst handle, but it cramps up my hands, so it's all preference. Try a few out.

The straightline bullet combos are cheaper and are pretty basic if you want to start with one of them until you really find out what you like.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-05-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
I think I'm the only one to say it, so I shall say it again. Proline Synthesis!!! Similar to a Murray but with all the benefits of durability.

IMO carbon only leads to a broken carbon handle, cut fingers & dinged boards/boats/skulls. On the flip side in a lake fight, very handy.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-05-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
heavy i'm gonna agree with you on the synthesis. thats prolly the most comfy hand i've ever held.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
The original Accurate Premier handle was the best of all time. Oh- and the first Accurate camo Byerly handle was pretty nice too!
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       06-05-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
Anyone use the Straight Line B2i handle?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-05-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
Gary, I use a B2i NFF Amoeba. I love it. Its thick and really soft. and i like it because it doesnt have stiff bars or anything on the sides. its just super simple and extremely comfy.
Old    walt            06-05-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   

quote:

its all personal preference with handles. what ever feels good is the right one for you.

if a handle is too thin you will be clenching it tighter which will give you blisters and get you tired.

if a handle is too thick then you might feel like you cant grip it and that you are slipping.

shaped handles allow you to relax your grip without causing the handle to slip.

go feel some handles and see what you like!

I agree with Mitch.

You will know the first set if you like it or not.

If you notice the handle while your riding = No good.

If you get back in the boat without thinking about the handle while you were riding = Good handle.

I hate the hard carbon fiber and shaped handles. The old Premier is still my favorite handle.
Old     (rasta_rider)      Join Date: May 2008       06-05-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
the Ronix North is really good. have been using it all season so far and is very tacky.. a bit thicker than other handle but that is good for ppl like me with the larger hands.. and it runs for about only 50 depending on the site.. got my from buywake.com for 55 with the T-bar..
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-05-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
has anyone used rustys new handle from accurate. i have heard its really comfy and wanna try it, just can't find it except online
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       06-05-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
Wish I was able to try before I buy but I'm the guy with the boat and my kids won't chip in on a handle . What I like about the B2i handles is you can add/remove the wrap handle section of the line.
Old     (wakemann)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
I just now picked up a Bullet Lines LG handle and line of ebay it was $86 and change shipped. You can get them directly from the bulletskiline site as well. Some say it is pretty much the same as the Proline LG. I don't know if thats true. But Ken form bullet is on the boards and chimes in from time to time on the handle posts and if someone has a problem it seems like he is on top of it and takes care of them. That was a reason I went with Bullet. Will let you know once I get it and try it out.
Old     (nchype)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-11-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
try the podium (rusty's handle) super nice , real soft and not to thin and not to thick
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
the house board shop deal of the day has a handle on sale

http://www.the-house.com/wkhacluc7zz-accurate-wakeboard-handles.html
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-14-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
unrelated post, posted in wrong thread, sorry.

I deleted my comment

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 14, 2008)

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 14, 2008)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2008, 10:18 PM Reply   
I have to say I love my LG and all, but the quality is not too great. A month old and the plastic bridle is consistently separating from the handle bar after sets and the leather is stretching out...