Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (gina_franco)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-20-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
We just bought a new malibu 24/7 lsv and have the option to go with black flake. It would be red, white and have a lot of black flake. Do you think it wouild look good or be too flashy?
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       03-20-2008, 11:43 PM Reply   
i think it would look awesome!
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
are you going to get the front & rear casting chair option?
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
Chris don't be jealous, borrow your dads boat and I will meet you at the lake.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-21-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
The black flake looks awesome, the bu guys had a 247 at the boat show with it.

Note flake is harder to repair if you scratch it. Light scratches should buff out, antyhing deeper will cost bucks to make look good again. Then again just don't hit docks and you'll be good to go.
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
Corey, We did'nt get a chance to see the bu with flake. Did it look good? do you think it would be something you get sick of after a while? We just ordered our 247 bu but still have the option to get black flake. do you know where we can see a picture?
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
"Chris don't be jealous, borrow your dads boat and I will meet you at the lake."

actually i dont need to borrow my dads boat, i have my own that i bought thanks, and i am not jealous of a boat with flake.. call me old school but flake belongs on bass boats and bowling balls..

I agree on the repair factor...it will be damn hard to match perfect.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-21-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
No idea where you'd find a picture, plus flake doesnt tend to show up well in pictures esspecially online (low res 72 dpi)

The Bu flake is pretty small, not really bass boatish at all. It looks mostly black until the light hits it just right. You'll like it.
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
Chris obviously its not a bass boat.....is it you just do not like the way it looks or you think it is just to much (flashy)? I need advice from the other side. so far all the responses have been go for it. It is actually nice to hear a different opinion. If you did not see them on bass boats what would you think?
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
i just think its a fad... i think it will date a boat.. dont get me wrong i think its pretty cool but i just feel it isnt a timeless look.. thats what i like. i also think its a bit flashy, but its just an opinion.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-21-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
Chris- I'll have to disagree some flake boats are very tastefully put together. "I think it will date a boat" HOW? Flake boats have been around for decades. How is that a fad?
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-21-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
My buddy has a metal flake 89' MC and when we dropped it in the lake for the first time 3 different people asked if it was brand new. This metal flake boat replaced his 1970's brown metal flake Lund ski boat, so I think its safe to say flake is here to stay.
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
yes flake boats have been around for decades you are correct. but in bass boats. i never said that i didnt like them actually i said its pretty cool.. i just think its not timelss looking... i would feel the same way if someone decided to take a hewes flats boat and put flake in the gel or even worse if hatteras did the same.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-21-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
"yes flake boats have been around for decades you are correct. but in bass boats." Read above... Thats pushin 40 years from a 70s ski boat. 89 MC flake hmmm bout 20 years. It's here to stay and people apparently like it if wakeboats are continually being made with flake. To each their own.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-21-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
I had a chance to see the black flake on a 247 at the Pleasanton boat show in January. I thought it looked real clean. It seamed to be a more subtle flake then being overwhelming like other colors.

(Message edited by Kikitlo on March 21, 2008)
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-21-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Flake doesn't necessarily make the boat look new. Proper maintenance and care do. I get raised eyebrows consistently when I tell onlookers my boat is 11 years old. No flake, but I do like it.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
Metal flake looks great on a tournament boat whether bass or wake. It's OK to have a little bling on the water just make sure it's not on your tow rig.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-21-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Here is our boat. It isn't black flake, but is nice because you see all flake when in the water.Upload
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
This is one is black base with black metal flake tribal flames. It looks sick when the light hits it right...Ninja style!!!!!

Upload