Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-21-2004, 7:04 AM Reply   
I have been installing a stereo in my nautique for about two weeks now, and most of my equipment arrived on Tuesday Night (at the office) I took it home and unloaded it into the garage...When I came home from work yesterday I went to testfit the new subs...and they were gone. While I was at work on Thursday someone came into my garage and made off with 2 JL 12W7 subs, 2 Phoenix Gold 1200.1 Amps, My alpine Deck, and a couple pair or MB Quart RCE216 speakers and All my RCAs and 0 and 4 guage power/ground wire. It is hard to believe that people can live with themselves while stealing what others have worked for and earned.
What is even worse is that I believe it is a neighbor, I do have one shady neighbor, and the odds of someone else seeing me unload the equipment out of my truck and about 10PM wednesday night are pretty slim.
And to add insult to injury I had to purchase it all again last night so that it would be here in time for memorial day weekend since I am leaving for Wednesday evening.

Old    damnation            05-21-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about that! That equipment must have cost you quite a few bucks. Good luck getting the stuff back, but in my experience, the police don't seem to care much about this sort of thing.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-21-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
They didn't even send a "Black and White" they sent a "community service officer"
Old    whitechocolate            05-21-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
Yea wow that sucks so bad. I know what that stuff costs and Im sorry you had to pay for it 2 times, Plus the fact that you were looking forward to a big install and know it set you back. but I bet the Stereo shop is going to like you! You must be TURBO installer or super Hacker. J/K < LoL to be able to put all that stuff in that fast. I dont know all the details about how all your stuff was stored but, Audio equipment seems to have legs. Even when it bolted down in a car with a alarm it still seems to get up and walk away. All that nice equipment new and in boxes could turn a honest guy dishonest. But about your neighbor, Ya never know who took your stuff. Dont waste time hating them if you dont know for shure. If they or there friends drive up boomin one day then its time to open a can of Whoop Ass. Use your fast instlation skills in reverse. Once again Im sorry to hear your stuff got ganked.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-21-2004, 8:15 AM Reply   
I know it is bad to blame your neighbor, especially if you don't know for sure, It is actually the 18 year old kid, but too many things point that way...including the fact that he was washing his car when I was unloading it the night before...but the thief came in through the side door (which happens to be the side his house is on) and my neighbor on the other side is doing a remodel of their yard and was out front all day planting. She did not see any trucks or cars in my drive way all day. And as you know Grant, or anybody else who has handled W7 woofers, you are not going to walk down the street carrying two of these along with amps and a deck, especially for a quick getaway. When questioned the kid's story did not add up, so to say the least I am pretty suspicious.
Old    whitevlx            05-21-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
That sucks, will your homeowners insurance cover it?
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-21-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
I'd do a late night snoop session when he is gone sometime!!! Steal that stuff right back! He's not going to report stolen stuff that is stolen from him!

Sorry to hear about your stuff getting boosted. Poeple just have respect for other people's stuff.
Old    davelina            05-21-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
Wow....better be careful after you install it in your boat. He's going to know what you have again and may come back for seconds.

My last boat I went crazy with stereo stuff ($10k worth)....I was always worried about thieves...finally I got broke in to. They didn't make off with everything, but enough to make it miserable. My new boat...I'm leaving stock and just going to chill and enjoy the time on the water.

By chance did you purchase this on a major credit card? A lot ot times they will cover theft...be sure to check it out.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-21-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
I checked with the Credit Card last night and It sounds like they will be able to cover most of it, but we will see
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-21-2004, 8:42 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear that man... That just isn't right.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-21-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
Lifes a Bitch and then you Die
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-21-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about everyone's bad woes........but listen to this story. My co-worker just bought a brand new house and hasn't moved in it yet. He took possession last Saturday. The only things that he put in the house so far are a new fridge, some paper towels and some toilet paper. Today, he finds out that the house had been broken into and that someone had stolen the fridge. In the process of getting it out of the houseThey tore up the floors, walls, the door frames.......about $5,000 worth of damage getting the fridge out of the house. Talk about bad luck.........they even took the toilet paper and the paper towels!

(Message edited by jroyal on May 21, 2004)
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-21-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Nice assinine comment Burns.

Rich,best bet would be to invest in some type of alarm.Maybe some survailance cams.I'm always worried about this sort of thing happening to mine,now that I finally got it the way I want it.
Old    swass            05-21-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
Karma, David. Karma.