Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-05-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
I know it has probably been posted before, but this is one of the biggest wakes I have seen...

Great video too...

www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/Legends-of-Ray-Hubbard_1139172803_wakeboarding-photo-image-video.html?medid=18192
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
i hadn't seen that video before.

pretty sick.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-05-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
Was taking way to much time ot donwload on my pc and I have dsl
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-05-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
Seen it, the olie is cool, just don't do that over my boat!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-05-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
Daniel,try it again,I didn't wait but 2-3 seconds...

I never seen the video before but IMHO,The pics posted before made that wake look huge and now I see the pic they took in the video and does not look as good or near as big as it did on the still pics.

Definitely cool video and a nice looking wake.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
the wake looked nice and big to me.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-05-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
if it was a mastercraft churning out those ginormous swells in the video, big ed would say it was the biggest, best wake he's ever seen...just kidding...sort of...

http://www.waterskiamerica.com/article_legends.htm

go there to see some more pics and the original video. the original has my favorite part in it; scott weatherford gets absolutely booted on a massive double-up and doesn't even attempt a trick, just holds on for dear life as he whiplashes his head against the wake. wynn's section ain't too shabby either. most of his cuts are taken from about 10 feet out completely stiff-legged on his approach, and the wake still boots him plenty. crazy
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-05-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
Just watched the video from their site. Same song, a few different clips. You're right... that double-up about half way through the video is HUGE!!! That could very well be the biggest air I have seen on any video...
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-06-2006, 12:16 AM Reply   

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 5:24 pm:

quote:

the wake looked nice and big to me.

Did I say any different??

Jeff,just for your information,my wake is bigger.

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2006, 12:21 AM Reply   
wow, a bit on a defensive side, aren't we?

i didn't say you said differently. i was simply saying it looked nice and big to me.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
i don't think the video even begins to justify that wake. the video quality is a little lacking, but if you pause it at the right times, the wake is literally hip-high. that's by far the biggest--and still clean--wake i've seen, but i would love to see a similarly weighted (about 4000 lbs. people/ballast) x-2...that would be a rediculous wake
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-06-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
I hate to say it, but I don't think an X2 wake can stack up to a heavily weighted LSV. If you are talking pure size I think Jarrods old LSV had the biggest wake I've ever ridden. That and you never had to mess with it. No curling over, no wash, the boat couldn't be pulled around.

I love my X2 and we tried to weight our boats until they sunk, but I haven't seen anything that big out of them yet. Close, but not quite. Lb for Lb the X2 makes a bigger wake, but I think the threshold is lower.
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       02-06-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
HEY MY TWO CENTS IS WHO EVER THAT GUY RIDING WITH OUT A VEST IS A COMPLETE MORON, AND SHOULD WEAR A LIFE JACKET...JUST A THOUGHT, LETS LEARN FROM THE PAST PEOPLE
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
do you have to wear a vest surfing? no one on my lake does
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-06-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
The list of people who have drowned wearing a life vest is pretty darn short. I wouldn't let you get out behind my boat without one.
Old    xtremebordgurl            02-06-2006, 11:22 PM Reply   
How would u duck dive wearing a vest? And for tow in surfing they do wear vests.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-07-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
i think we're talking about surfing behind a boat