Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-21-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
After getting gun shy about Magic Eraser and a “drive by” post from someone from Skiers Choice stating that it would remove the protective coating on the vinyl, but giving no alternative….I decided to go a different way.

I cleaned all my vinyl with 303 cleaner and a med/soft brush and was VERY impressed with the results. I had stated with my original post on April 25th related to Magic Eraser that my seats were not that dirty, but I was drawn to the posts saying how M.E. made boat owners seats look new again.

Well, I found out how dirty my vinyl really was. It was like night and day putting a seat that had been cleaned next to one that had not(actually even took pictures, but don’t have them at work). It was also apparent that we spend far more time in the cockpit as opposed to the bow.

Anyway, I guess the point of this post was to give props to 303 cleaner. I was as impressed with the results as I have been with the protectant. In fact, it was a 303 weekend. Not only did I 303 clean….but then 303 protectant on everything but the windshield and carpet as always and then did the 303 fabric guard on my covers.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-21-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
E.J.~~ Well so much for me offering some help with the spring cleaning. I have used the M E on the vinyl before and really like the results with it. I have to clean my dad's boat every time we come back from our Family Powell Trip and would not use anything else to clean the inside. Now the 303 is something to look at! Thanks for the post.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-21-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
I was impressed with the results. Boat is clean, waxed and ready for the lake. This weather is doing nothing for me....??????
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-21-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
EJ...Which 303 cleaner and protector are you using?

(Message edited by stxr_racer on May 21, 2007)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-21-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Cleaner
Upload
Protectant
Upload
Fabric guard
Upload

Used all three this weekend....
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-21-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
Thanks, just ordered the protectant. Did you use the fabric cleaner to clean any mould off the underside of your seat cushions?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-21-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
I didn't have any mold?

Just Spring cleaning the vinyl.

I have sworn by the protectant for years, this is my first experience with the cleaner and fabric guard.

Upload

Maybe this is not the best example, but it was crazy noticeable to me....
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-21-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
Those seats look brand new! Mine have some mould on them, I will try the fabric cleaner and see if it cleans them up. Thanks again!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-21-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
Left photo after cleaning, right photo before cleaning. Like I said, the photo really doesn't do it justice.

Cushions were cleaned twice. It seemed during initial cleaning there was A LOT of dirt/grime coming out and being pushed around...so I wiped clean and did another round so I didn't feel like I was working the dirt out and back in??? I don't know if it was more effective, but it seemed reasonable at the time....
Old     (tsat)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-22-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
OK where do you get the stuff?? Does it have to be ordered online? Boat shop?ect.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Yea, I just picked it up locally....Boaters World. But online is easy as well.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-22-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
E.J.~~ Nice work! Can't wait to try the product... Now what about water spots that are on the boat from a week in Powell. We wipe it down where we are there but it still comes back with a ton of water spots on it and there not easy to clean off. Just seen the picture of your Malibu last night and got another good laugh from it.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-23-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Try 60% water and 40% white vinegar in a spray bottle. Cleans that outside right up with no water spots!