Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    teenhack            01-14-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
My friend currently purchased a carbon handle and while its lightwieght frame looked to be awesome for handle passes, I worry thats its lack of flexability might hurt in the long run.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-14-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
i have used them i could care less for them. give me a simple 15" handle with smooth hard foam grip and i am happy.
Old    upupnaway            01-14-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
The handle is strong as can be, but the paint started chipping off of mine on day one. I love the performance, hate the styling.
Old    bross            01-14-2004, 10:30 PM Reply   
Buy the Belmont Handle from Accurate Lines. Before that I used a straightline handle, but found that by the end of back to back day sessions of riding, my hands hurt. The Belmont handle doesn't hurt at all. The grip is better and it doesn't collapse.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-15-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
I Love mine. It is great.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-15-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
the belmont is great, leaves your hands without hard skin spots
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
I had the Parks Carbon handle, it only lasted a half a season. Chipped right away, and then got cracked from I guesss hitting a board. Then it took on water and was a pain. I did like the grip though.

Now I have the Premier handle, and love it. Nice grip and seems a lot more durable. But it is a funky bright green color, oh that is right, it matches my boat LOLOL
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-16-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
mmm sorry, I have a premier handle too!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-16-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
got the premier also
Old    teenhack            01-16-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
Actually my friend showed me the Premier but its colors were kinda pychodelic so I was alittle intimidated. I looked at the 04' Bylery handle and it looks like a sweet setup, but is the grip comfortable and is the handle durable?
Old    tfdhyprider            01-16-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
The premeir is good stuff!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-16-2004, 3:17 PM Reply   
i got a Premier green handle with V wrap and a microfusion green line, the combination looks awesome, i wish i can get a lime jacket someday, but the microfusion is a great line too.
The Premier feels great, and is so soft on the palms.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-16-2004, 5:00 PM Reply   
i agree the harf handle is great.........
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-19-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
I just got the Proline pencil float hot pink handle. Punk ass. Comfy too.
Old    hyperlytemaiden            01-19-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
The carbon handles are light weight which is key while wakeboarding. They are constructed with strong carbon. If you have ever played tennis you will understand the feeling of the carbon fiber. The paint in 2003 did chip on the carbon series handles, I have heard that Hyperlite is in the process of redesigning the paint and slightly modifying the structure of the handle it’s made to be better than ever.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
Not to be the messenger of bad news, but i've been through 2 parks carbon handles in the past year or so. The first, whose grip just about completely came off, was replaced immediately. I would have probably gone through a couple more but the latest has been out for 6 months. Yes, 6 months. The sad thing is it wasn't just the paint chpping, the thing broke off where the rope attatches. Supposedly there is some 6 week garuntee on hyperlite's stuff, but the shop will not honor it. Great customer service, it sucks. I will say this for it though, it is very light and like the ads say, it makes you more aware of where it is and the passes are easier. So, if i jsut had the handle to use, i would be a happy camper. Sweet handle...yes Worth 200 or whatever...nope nope

Just my .02
Old    hyperlytemaiden            01-23-2004, 4:23 PM Reply   
Justin,

What shop did you get it from? Hyperlite will take care of you handle as long as looks to be under warranty. Hyperlite saw that they had a problem and they are in the process of fixing it. From what i have heard the 2004 have more carbon and a different top clear coat this should help the handle hold up a lot longer. Try taking your handle to another dealer and see if they can get you taken care of. Hyperlite has always been good about warranties, from my perspective anyway, I have never had a problem.
Old    teenhack            01-24-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
When are the 04's out do you know? All my local shops still stock the 03's.
I thought they'd be a big help when it came to handle passes, but everyone I talk to tells me that their not durable to say the least... Hopefully Hyperlite can fix that lil problem...
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-26-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
Well, supposedly they have sent it off to hyperlite, so i can't get it back from them. I am getting pretty mad though.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-27-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
The first, oh and I guess the last time I used one I put my arm through it doing a handle pass 3 and fell. It was the first time in 7 years of doing 360s that I put my arm through the handle.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old    blindsiderider            01-27-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
I agree they suck on getting the problem takin care of. My Accurate Catylast was sent back to Hyperlite on 9/29/03 because after 2 weeks of using it and the grip pulled off the handle. My shop got it back yesterday 1/26/04 and they sent the wrong handle back the one I sent them had a "T" handle on it and the replacement did not. So we sent it back again. Maybe I will get it back before the end of summer 04.