Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-01-2013, 12:52 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

A storm came through and did a number on my prop. A lift, big waves, and no one around to see it aren't a good mix. Good news is, time to try a new prop.

I was using the 911 on my V237 last summer. It was alright, but still struggled when we really weighted things down. Looking for something a little more aggressive this time around. Anyone played around with something new lately? 5 blades any more popular?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2013, 11:39 AM Reply   
my 2004 Avy with a 1:1 tranny loves the 911, I ditched the 4 blade I had. I have way more hole shot with my 2500lbs of ballast then i did with the 4 blade. The 4 blade also cavitated thru rollers
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-01-2013, 12:47 PM Reply   
Sanger V237 comes with a 3 blade? I know that a bunch of us Axis guys are now using the new Acme 2315 prop. Guys are planing with 4,000+ lbs of ballast plus crew with no problems so sufing with the 2315 is easy on an Axis. Cruising topspeed is still around 39mph...if you needed to go that fast. I had the OJ 5-blade and it had it's pros and cons compared to the 1235. The 5-blade was very close to same holeshot as the 1235 but the 1235 had a tiny bit more. The 5-blade was noticeably more quiet in the cabin and less overall vibration. RPM's were about 300 lower with the 5-blade vs. the 1235. The 2315 is the same RPM as the 1235 which is stock on the Axis, however, Axis do also come with the 5-blade...just depends on the dealer. I personally think the 2315 is the best prop by far for the Axis but you should call Acme and I'm sure they can determine if it's a good option for the V237.

Last edited by you_da_man; 07-01-2013 at 12:55 PM.