Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-15-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
Anybody know of any good campgrounds or camping spots along the Delta?

Thanks
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
I like Tiki Lagun and Orwood Resort. Its closest to So.CA.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-15-2004, 11:55 PM Reply   
Thanks. I've heard that Tiki is nice.
Old     (bluesman)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-16-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
I don't recommend Tiki. Here's why:

1) The launch ramp is lousy. The day we took-out they brought in gravel to try to fix it. The result was worse than before.

2) The dock for campers is marked "stern tie only". The problem is everybody side-tied so there wasn't enough room. If you come back from a run late in the day, good luck!!
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-16-2004, 8:11 AM Reply   
Right out of Lazy M on the right side of the slough. Alls you need is a ghetto camper and you can leave it for as long as you want. Park right next to the professinal campers. No cost but just one rule, you must have trash all over the ground and need atleast one tarp flying in the wind.

Pure Liquid- Orwood has a real nice launch ramp, and the facility's were just remodled. Not to sure how the camping is, never camped on the delta since I am 15 minutes away. Go to there web site at, http://www.orwoodresort.com/home.shtml
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       04-16-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
I've never camped there.

Lazy M's ramp it real steep and it's a long way out from anything.

Orwood is remodeled and pretty nice.

don't know anything about tiki.

I would stay at a hotel at 580 and vasco road and truck in during the day.
Old     (gently27)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-16-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
Tower Park is the best I've come across. Great Launch, they have a bar/nightlife in the summer...
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-16-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
I'm not a big delta camper but facility wise, Tower Park is pretty nice. Their campgrounds are very protected plus they have a pool, hottub, nice bar, food, shop, etc. However, their ramp is really steep but they will launch and recover your boat for you with a tractor. Not sure where the good riding is around there. You'd have to get someone to chine in on that topic. I'm an Orwood area rider.

Hey, about Lazy M, it's the closest resort to Vic (that I know of) but, shhhhh, Vic is one of the legendary secret wakeboarding spots on the delta.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-16-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
"Lazy M's ramp it real steep and it's a long way out from anything"

Actually the ramp isn't that steep compared to Del's. Also depends on where you ride and traveling from to be a long way from anything. Since I ride Victoria actually its very resoniable for myself. And NO you don't to camp on the right side of the slough.

Mighty Matt- SHHhhhhhh your giving away Secret spots. Just don't give directions to anyone and don't let anyone know that Union Point is right there.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       04-16-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
I meant it is far from anything civil on dry land. It is pretty close to victoria and union point though.

When I lauched there before, there was a van trying to pull his boat out of that ramp and he was smoking the whole place up with his buring tires. If you like Lazy-M and that's your secret have at it.
Old    norcal_99            04-16-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
Check out www.sacdelta.com under the Marinas/Resorts link they have a detailed list of all the places that have camping.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-16-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and info.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-16-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
John- I would definitely love to have orwood right where Lazy M is or live closer to Orwood. I hate the bridge right out of LazyM. I was just wondering what you meant earlier thats all.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       04-16-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
I only went there once and it was tough to turn around at Lazy M. I had to pull down the side of the dike, scraped my trailer, it was all dusty and the road is very narrow with no-where to really turn around. As I remember, there's a long no-wake area getting from there out to the main channel too.

I think there's better places to launch out of, that's all.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-16-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
By the way you are expaining it, it sounds like you lanched out of del's. The long 5mph zone through the ghetto. Seems like there is a dog on every dock when going through there. But LazyM can also be tough launch from. The slough isn't very wide or deep.
Old     (deltajake)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
http://vieiras95641.tripod.com

I only live a few minutes from the water. We go up on the Sac river to Vieiras "30 minutes from home." Nice camp grounds both tent and campers welcome, lots of shade trees. Rent slips by the day and they have a nice ramp. PORTOFINO CAFE has decent food with a bar. They also have a great private campground with dock for about $200 a day that accomadates at least 50 people.

Sugar Barge on Bethel Island also has good camping with slips and is close to most areas on the water.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-17-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
Mike,
You call that ghetto? I dream of owning one of those fine palaces one day. Dels is old school, it's actually Rivers End now. See ya at Union Point sometime......
Old     (wakezone)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-18-2004, 11:45 PM Reply   
orwood resort is best. get an okie taco, and a bloody mary! u'll be killin it!

ill meet u there.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-19-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Sounds good. Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone.