Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
are you still a mel gibson fan?

WARNING: This audio contains graphic and profane language. It has been left unedited so that the full impact of Mel’s rant can be heard. RadarOnline.com has not altered this tape in any way.
http://tinyurl.com/2uj9ecc
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-12-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
Oh I can't wait for the next celebrity fight reality show with Mel Gibson vs. Chris Brown.
Old    ScottRobinson            07-12-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Wow.........that is intense!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-12-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
This is one angry guy. And the source is not just her.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-12-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
Wow, that guy has some anger issues
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-12-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
This guy is reportedly worth over $1 billion. Sure hasn't changed is happy factor has it?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-12-2010, 6:59 PM Reply   
All taken out of context. I'm sure there's a rational explanation! I think they cut out the first part of the phone call when he says, "Can you read lines with me for my next role as a psychotic drunk?"
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-12-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
I heard this today, on the way to work, on the radio. Censored of course. The guy is nuts and is a perfect example of when someone has everything they could possibly want, and be blessed beyond their wildest dreams, can find something to obsess about and screw everything up.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-12-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
or an example of how a woman can drive even a ridiculously rich guy completely insane :-p
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-12-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Thats some insane ranting.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-12-2010, 9:01 PM Reply   
he's a celebrity, so while I am not a fan of his on a personal level, it wont stop me from watching his movies. if that were the case, I probably would not watch any movie, ever again.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-12-2010, 11:30 PM Reply   
Yeah, but it sure makes it a lot harder to put money in this guy's pocket when you know what he's like. That's gonna have to be a helluva a Mel Gibson film for me to pony up $15 or whatever they're charging these days!! We're talking "Bachelor Party" quality!!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-13-2010, 12:05 AM Reply   
Wow. What a loser. I have not liked that dude since his drunken racist tirade a few years ago.

The loving couple:
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-13-2010, 12:13 AM Reply   
Dang, she would drive me insane too, Jet black hair, skinny with big boobs. Just my type! So hott.

Eh, Mel has always been crazy, he makes good movies tho, loved Edge of Darkness
Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-13-2010, 3:38 AM Reply   
Eh...she looks cuckoo to me. I don't doubt she did, or said, something crazy to make him that angry.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2010, 5:09 AM Reply   
she's more than welcome to come over to make me angry.
Old    bigdtx            07-13-2010, 5:59 AM Reply   
Just proves the old saying - "No matter how hot she is there's a guy somewhere that's tired of it". Too bad he's Catholic - should have gotten a vasesctomy.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-13-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
seems like a set up to me, half of what she says seems like bait and coal stirring
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-13-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
Who cares what he says. The guy is a great actor and director. Still a fan and always will be.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-13-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
Exactly Aaron, I love the Lethal Weapon movies and usually watch them at least once a year. Braveheart will always be one of my favorite movies.

I like the guy's work, what he chooses to do in his own personal life is his problem.
Old     (ointment)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-13-2010, 9:08 AM Reply   
i love his movies, "we were soldiers" is my favorite. But I think the last two statements are the reason's why actors and athletes do the things they do. No excuse to punch a woman no matter your social status.
Old    bigdtx            07-13-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
"Payback" was a great movie too.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-13-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
Dave - do you still support Martin Scorcese, even though he was one of the hollywood folks who lobbied to have Roman Polanski freed? actors and other celebrities are here for one reason and one reason only. to amuse us, the common folk. I had vowed to not support scorcese anymore, but I realized that me boycotting his films does nothing. you have to look at these people as characters, and not people. just make sure your kids are aware that these are not the types of people to look up to, and it will all be good.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-13-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
google "Christian Bale & Mel Gibson Phone Fight"

NSFW lulz
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-14-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
I dont really care about the money aspect of it. I dont mind paying for a good performance by whoever. However, I do tend to attach some value to an actors likeness, and I cant for the life of me sit through a Tom Cruise movie without thinking "wierdo" the entire time. The same will be true for Mel, unfortunately.

On a side note, many actors who were young when I was growning up have that initial role that sticks with me. When I see them in subsequent movies, I can only see them as the intial character that I associate them with. Every time they come out with a new movie me and my brothers always rename them. For example, Bill Paxton will always be "Chet" from Weird Science. He later starred in "Chet chases Tornados", "Chet goes to Space", "Chet and Wyatt Earp", Chet climbs Mountains", etc.

Last edited by jason_ssr; 07-14-2010 at 7:30 AM. Reason: sp