Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-30-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
This is what used to be called "Grants Phat Pond" I have been watching it on the net for a while wish I could convince my wife we should move to Wisco. I hope it went to a water sports crew, a wakeboarder!!!! Just checking to see if any body had any insights!

http://www.whitemarshrealtyonline.com/listings.php?l=R2240&type=R

The last photo you can see the old rail park rails still intact and wasting away!
Old     (ronix_one)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-30-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Andy -

Sorry to say it's all gone! I believe I heard it was a campground that bought it. Last time I was driving up 39 I noticed it's all been filled in! That lake couldn't hold water from day 1, so Im not surprised. Many great memories there, both on site and at the local watering hole, the Hancock Hotel! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-30-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Yep it's gone. I drove past it this summer and it was all filled in.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-30-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
to bad. that the way it rolls though
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-30-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
Wow! 200k for it? I missed that, that sure seems like a freakin steal...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-30-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
I live like 20 min from there and its just been getting more over-grown every month... it didn't hold water so they needed to run a pump to keep it full... just got costly, and Hancock wisconsin doesn't scream wakeboard scene.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-30-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Holy crap! Wish I could find 35 acres around here for anywhere near $195K! I just want 5 and it's at least 10K an acre.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-31-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
Yeah R.I.P. Phat Pond......
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-31-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
haha where I live it's $1,000,000 per acre if you can even find it

the price of dirt near the ocean in SoCal
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-31-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
Yeah all that for Under 200K is a steal. It started out listed at like $250K looks like it sold for way under that. That is a steal for a man made lake even if it doesnt hold water.

ANy body know what kind of Cash is need to go into sealing the land on a man made lake?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-31-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
^ they didn't seal it to well though.... running a pump that big isn't cheap....

Also I rode there a bunch, and it was a little too short.... if you fell anywhere but INSTANTLY after the corner you wouldn't have time for another trick... So you wasted a ton of gas just running back/forth and making corners that were use less.... the rails and a jetski were nice but for boat riding it was hard....

The water was really clean though, and the tampoline they had was pretty fun.

I know the old owner, Grant Tolsmen (s.p.) has a few other places like this around, another in Wisconsin and a think some in FL
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
Andy,
Did you ever check it out in person? I walked around the place a couple times that summer I found it. Would be cool to have a slider park...if I could only find a place to set up a decent slider on the lake I ride on.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-01-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
The new owner isn't recorded in public records yet; any realtor with access to MLS should be able to pull up the buyers name though.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-01-2009, 10:37 PM Reply   
Yep they filled it in last summer it is no more... I rode there probably 8 years ago or so. It was a bunch of sketchy PVC rails and really small so the turns were super tight... it was a cool little place though for the year or two that it was open for.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-02-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
if only the 2.0 system were around back then, sounds like the perfect spot for one
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-02-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
No Doubt Kevin.