Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-10-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
set it up Chris. you want to ride tomorrow?
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-10-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
Hey Slipknot I emailed my friend and asked him to make the arrangements for the insurance I'll post in the next day or two. As far as riding goes keep me in mind for next time I'm always down to ride. Tommorrow I have a race to go to at Glen Helen, hence the "crracer" Thanks for the offer but def. next time.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-11-2005, 5:01 PM Reply   
I need to know by this wed. if this is going to happen for sure cause I need to switch days off..
If so, I am in with the X-star
How can OTEW cover ins. for 10 boats???
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-12-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
OTEW used to use it every Monday for their owners club, they have the ins. to cover this type of event. My ins. co. won't do it. I may be out of luck.

Everyone can just pay the $ to OTEW I guess it's looking like $75 per boat plus launch fees, etc.

cr racer let us know asap
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-12-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
Still working it out should know today or tomorrow hopefully. Stay tuned. Our San diego Mastercraft Club used to have Lake Days once or twice a month last year and OTEW provided the insurance. So it's def. possible Kevin. I'm scheduled to work as well, so I'm aware of the urgency, my friend Don who has a sick Xstar with an insane sound system is spearheading this operation so I'll post when I hear from him. Should be fun. Could everyone that is still attending please post so when can get a head count for sure.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-12-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
Slipknot/crracer,

I'm in with the SV211 but need to confirm the following:

Date: 9/21 open to close
Cost: Approx $75 per boat (depending on # of boats) for insurance/portion of lake rental
Other requirements: At least one hungover B-Day boy for harassment purposes.
Old     (wrgodsend)      Join Date: May 2005       09-12-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
I'm in with an X-Star.
I have 500k liability for the boat for the year for another lake that I attend, but all I need to make is a single phone call to up it to 1M. By the way, my insurance is with Progressive if anyone needs a company who will do it.

Like TSO, I need to confirm:
9/21 as the date
$75 per boat
Who do we have to name as the certificate holder?
Any other details??
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-13-2005, 10:02 AM Reply   
I just want to say it's so cool of you guys to go through alll the effort to make it happen.....keep me posted
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-13-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
Hey everybody, just got the word! It's on pending a few minor details. First off 9/21 is a Wed and I believe it's a fishing day. Meaning we would need to do it on a Monday (I'm in paramedic school on Tuesday's it's mandatory to attend... sorry) Also we need to pick a time I believe it's 8 hour shifts... I'll check (9- 5pm or 8- 4pm and so on as early as we want. If i remember correctly the lake charges an hour if we aren't off the lake and down at the bottom by the time we pick to wrap it up.) So why don't we brain storm and come up with a date. My vote is the 26th it is my B-Day so Geoff and I could party. Down for whatever. Lastly, no matter what every ones relationship is with On The Edge Watersports, they are responsible for the insurance coverage. So if you see this OTEW Thanks alot
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
brown-noser!

Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-13-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
Ha Ha good to hear from you joe and no you can't whore yourself on my boatJust playing i'll probably be leaving our boat at home. I'm going to be on lundy's "MegaStar" and Dave's boat. Nice vid with coop by the way
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-14-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
26th sounds good to me.

everyone else lets get these 10 boats together.......

any canyon and elsi boats come down for the festivites?
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
Sounds good slip, I'll check with Dave and Don to see if there in for the 26th as well who else is in, Buzz, Kevin, Geoff...?
Old    jesiday            09-14-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
I'm having surgery this Friday, so my boat is out. Sorry guys...

-jesi
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-14-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
good luck jesi!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-14-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
I can do the 26th no problem.. Sweet I dont have to switch days off either..
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-14-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
I'll verify that i can get the day off but i'll be mooching with my good buddy Slipknot
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-14-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
I thought we had decided on the 21st. The lake is closed on Wednesdays, so it would work. I even checked today and it is closed. If it is moved to the 26th, count me out. Already had the 21st lined up as a day off. Too late to switch now. Too bad the date has to change last minute.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
Didn't say that it did Buzz this was all of your guy's gig I just helped out with the insurance issue. I thought that WED are fishing days you all decide what will work, it's sounding like the the 26th is good but again it's up to you as well. P.S. a day at the lake without Buzz is like going fishing without a pole
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-14-2005, 4:38 PM Reply   
Ha! Funny Chris! Glad I am so entertaining!! The only time my name is mentioned in the same sentence as fishing is when I am told I "smell like a fish".

Hope you don't think I was ragging on you. Your input on the insurance stuff is great. Wish we had this lined up a long time ago. I am sure I am not the only one who can't make it. Real bummer! It's not like I don't get to the lake often, but it does sound like a good time getting WW'ers together for our own day without the wallys, tubers, and power-turners. Maybe down the road we can get one together more in advance so everyone has a chance to schedule it in advance.

Slipknot, Thanks for getting this started. Great idea. Still plenty of good weather left. I am sure that everyone has the same schedule problems, and not everyone can make a specific date. I am sure that whoever makes it will have a blast!
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
Hey I talked to the janitor/president of this place he is in for either date but agrees that we need to get this thing scheduled and confirmed so if you or anyone else wanna attend RSVP, ASAP.

(Message edited by crracer on September 14, 2005)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-14-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
please confirm whether wed is for fishing, when I asked it wasn't

ie check with otew and have them confirm since it is now their reservation.

we'll get it figured out

see everyone at the CLWC tourney on Saturday, right?

(Message edited by slipknot on September 14, 2005)
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-14-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
No can do 26th, boat or not---middle of work week.....
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-15-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
date change jacked people

i dont see it happening this time around

let's really try do it before the beg of Nov.

you have all winter to ride your quads etc. in the dez

Riding should be done on water anyway.

see you all at CLWC #5

let us know what are the details CR Racer and we will get OTEW to cover the ins. and maybe bring out some 06's for us to demo as well.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-16-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
One other thing to consider.

I was talking to one of the lake staff about renting the lake. He said they really need as much notice as possible to line up staff to work. He said the lake may be available, but if they can't find someone to work it on their day off, then you don't get the lake that day.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-16-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
I confirmed today that the lake is open on wed to rent. So we are going for the 21st if we get enough we will confirm it. Insurance is set. (Thanks to OTEW) Get enough people lined up to make it affordable. Since this was never my gig someone else needs to take the reins (sp) I'm leaving in 30 mins to the river so I won't have the internet. Slip or Buzz call me on my cell and leave a message if we line up enough people for wed. I will call OTEW if I hear from you and get this thing scheduled. It is up to you all now. Dave's and don's boats are in so as of this moment there is two boats, we prob. need 10 to 12. My cell is 619 944 2192. We need to email Geoff, Glen, Buzz, TSO, etc. Look at the list higher up in the thread and shoot them some emails. With a little planning this can still happen otherwise all I can say is we tried. Cya on the water.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-17-2005, 6:53 AM Reply   
Count me out....Too late notice for me, now. I just made plans to work on sandrail out of town....

If they cancel plans, I MIGHT be able to attend, but he called me out for delaying getting my rail to him.....

Good luck....At least all the info is known now, so future planning should be more organized.
Old     (sdfootin)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-17-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
If you want to enjoy a “bonus” day at San V., call or email us at On The Edge Watersports to reserve a spot on the water. As it stands we have reserved the lake from 9 am to 5 pm Wednesday September 21, 2005. Insurance has been taken care of by OTEW. We just need to decide which 8 hours we want to reserve. Our choices are 8 to 4, 9 to 5 or 10 to 6? The lake charges $750.00 and charges to boaters will be split between the number of boats that register. So, if there are 10 boats, each boat would pay $75.00 each. OTEW will be bringing 2 boats. Also, there will still be the launch fees of $5.00 per boat and $5.00 per person. These are the only fees that the city of San Diego charges for the lake use. We will be collecting $75.00 up front and if we have more boats show up for the day a refund will be split up and returned to you. The other option is to donate the overage to THE AMERICAN RED CROSS for victims of hurricane Katrina. Just let us know. We will have boards and boats for demo and I am putting together a barbeque lunch (BURGERS AND DOGS), complements of OTEW. So we will need a head count ASAP. Everyone is welcome. If this goes well we can keep doing this once a month and all year long.

You can register at by calling 619-447-0447 or emailing to bruce@otew.com.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-17-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
yer KILLIN' me, Bruce!!!

Hope this one works out for you......Even though I'm out on this one, I just wanted to thank you for helpin' out!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       09-17-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
Wow, that's one hell of an offer... Thanks for making it possible... I'll see you out there.

-Blake
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-19-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
Wow. I haven't been on in a few days and I thought this wasn't going to happen. I'm out now due to travel for work but it sounds like it's going to be awesome time.

Bruce- It is really cool of you to step in help wrap up the details on this.

Have a good time all,

Tyler
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-19-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
wow.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-19-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
kinda late notice since it was basically off last Friday with the date change and all.

I dont even think we have 10 boats, if 8.

I know my boat isn't full. And it would not be there if 4 people were not in it.

Bruce thanks for steppin up and it will happen soon if not Wednesday.

any other people interested in this Wednesday?

Does anyone know what happened to WakePaula?

She has been absent from WW for awhile.
Old     (sdfootin)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-19-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   
The city called about the san v lake day with a approval pending the staffing for the day. we should know by the end of the day on the staffing.

I have 7 boats as of now and look for a couple more by end of day.

Update to follow.

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-19-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
I am supposed to pass along to you Bruce that Dave Williams boat will be there if he hasn't already confirmed with you, per Chris Resnick.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-19-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
anyone have room for me?
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-19-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
i'd like to go (as a mooch) also! especially if there are boards to demo as im in the market for a new one.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-19-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
I should hear about my schedule later today, but as of now, I will be in as long as there are at least 10 boats, so it does not get too expensive. I need to check with my regular crew and see what their schedules are like, as they were waiting for me to let them know. Once I hear from them, I can see if I have space for anyone else. Sounds like a good time.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-19-2005, 4:32 PM Reply   
AAhhhhhhh!!

OK, I'm stupid. I can't make the 21st. I was thinking the 28th. Have a couple commitments that came up in the past couple days (p/u GF at airport, etc). Man! I have crappy hours. Can't even keep track of what day it is anymore. I was thinking this was next week. I guess I was having a blonde moment.

Thanks Slipknot, Bruce, Chris R., for getting this together. I know it is a lot of work.

I am sure you will get enough boats. Everyone have a blast!
Old     (sdfootin)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-19-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
The day is confirmed by the city staff. Time is 9am to 5 pm. I hope everyone has a great time.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       09-19-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
Looks like all of my crew won't be able to make it... So if I can bum a ride, I'm in... Until 12:00... Let me know.

-Blake
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       09-19-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
Okay, I lied... I forgot about some previous arrangements, and I won't be able to make it, on Wednesday.

I hope this works out, it'd be nice to make a routine of it... I'm definitely in, just not the 21st... Sorry.

-Blake
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-19-2005, 9:16 PM Reply   
Guys your killing me. Buzz you threw a big stink about the date change and now you can't make it. Slip you were my main boy nobody said it was off and nobody ever changed the date it was just a suggestion. Gosh. Well I still luv you all, hopefully y'all make it out otherwise next time. P.s Martinez was great awesome water and perfect weather, get it while you can.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-19-2005, 10:07 PM Reply   
Big stink? I didn't think so. Just like others, the date change threw me, and trying to get a date that works for everyone is hard. Sorry if it sounded like a big stink. I even went back and looked at my post. Anyway, sorry if I seemed like a whiner (although I didn't think so). I am not sure that anyone else out there likes hitting the water more that me (OK, maybe there are others). I have a very 1-track mind (OK, sometimes two).

I hope the deal works out Wednesday. Slipknot, Chris, and Bruce know how much it takes to make this happen. Now that we have the whole insurance thing cleared up, the planning will be easier next time. Maybe next time we can set a date so everyone can adjust schedules, etc, and a bunch of us can get together and have a great day.

Once again, thanks everyone for the effort with insurance, dates, etc.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-19-2005, 10:17 PM Reply   
No prob Buzz, its just.....that I'm gonna miss you If you can make throw us a post.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-20-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
so is this actually happening? i'm guessing NOT at this point...
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-20-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
Stack It's def. on. Not sure from this site who's going beside Dave and a few guest but I think there is ten boats or something. See ya there. P.S. I can jump toe side now Thanks to you calling me out a couple years back. (WW Wakesurfing Day two years ago at ELSI Ha Ha) Hope to see you there.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-20-2005, 11:14 PM Reply   
Sure he may have called you out once a few years ago, but it's been me that has relentlessly made fun of you on a consistent basis since then! Where is the love!
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-21-2005, 12:35 AM Reply   
HaHa since I'll be the one pulling you in a few hours your gonna pay.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-21-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
sorry chris - couldn't get out of work at such late notice. would have loved to have ridden with everyone again. hope you all had a great time!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-21-2005, 8:09 PM Reply   
it was just plain sic

just imagine San V to yourself.
Old    obsurfer            09-21-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
Yeah I'm sic i missed it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-21-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-22-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
Somebody has some pics somewhere.

I wanted to thank On the Edge Watersports for their hospitality and for sponsoring the event. It has the potential of being done possibly once a month throughout the winter if people can commit.

Thanks to Wakeworld for the pulls, and instruction was given to all by the CR Resnick Riding School.

Even our own WakePaula was rippin the butta at Sav V up. Thanks for coming out with us!

Also great riding with Jeff and son the infamous Stretch.

We will have to do it again soon. Heck all winter we should do it.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-22-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
Yeah keep me in the loop as long as i have a little better notice of a date i should be able to get a day off

Glad you guys had a good time and in word...................Lucky
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-22-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
Yeah, big ups to On The Edge Watersports for taking care of the insurance, paying for the whole thing in advance and busting out lunch and beers for everybody!!

Bruce took on the risk of fronting the money without asking people to pay in advance and, unfortunately, a lot of people that said they'd be out there left him holding the bag. That sucks and, if it was me, I'm pretty sure it would discourage any such future generosity.

On the bright side, the conditions were great, sunny and very little wind until late in the afternoon. Absolutely no rollers since we shared the lake with only one other boat. It was a really fun day and I thank Chris, Paula, Glen, Ryan, Jeff, Cheryl and Michelle (or April or whatever she wants to be called) for joining me on the mighty Malibu.

It was the first time I seriously weighted the new VLX for wakesurfing and I was totally stoked on the result. At 9.5 miles per hour the wake (wave) was huge, so we had a blast on the old school Inland Surfer.

Unfortunately, we didn't get many shots, but here are a few.

Always plenty of wildlife in SD...

Glen shows his colors...

I told you he looked like Shaun Murray...

Jeff got a couple of toeside wake clearings under his belt, but here's a heelside for you...

We made Paula start grabbing...

Surfer Cheryl...

And last and certainly least, Dorky Dave...

Old     (sdfootin)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-22-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave for the props. It was a good day. Although my wakeskate paid the price of having to carry me. I had a great time. Thanks to all for coming out. Short notice is always a hard thing to deal with.

I have some request for next Wednesday. Any takers?

The only thing I ask is 8 boats be paid upfront by Tuesday. I'll buy 2 spots totaling 10 boats. That pays for the lake rental. In addition we need to collect boat launches and per person @ $5 each. With a boat and 3 people it will cost $95.00. Not bad for butter all day. If we have more boats then 10 we can do an equal split refund to each boat owner or donate the overage to the American Red Cross for storm relief.

Remember, everyone is welcome.

Write or call to set up another day. Bruce@otew.com or 619-447-0447

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-22-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
I think any overage should go to cover your expense from yesterday.

Anyway, I'll be there next Wednesday with a boatload if you do it again. That was a great day! Where do I send my check?
Old     (sdfootin)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-22-2005, 7:22 PM Reply   
Bring it to our customer Appreciation Night at Humphrey's back stage lounge.

A great opportunity just came our way and OTEW would like to share it with you. We are hosting a Customer Appreciation Night this Saturday, Sept 24th from 6-9 PM at Humphrey’s Backstage Lounge.

We would like to show our appreciation for you, the people who helped us, and give you the opportunity to meet and greet others who share the love of the water. Please join us while relaxing to the excellent music of 5 O’clock Shadow (featuring Carol Hubbard on sax (that's right, my wife), eating wonderful food and enjoying your favorite libations.

(Yes, i did pull this from our invitation.)

But anyway, that's one way. The other is to stop by the shop or call with a credit card.

You can speak to Bonnie or Alissa or myself.

May all your days require sunglasses and wakeboards.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-22-2005, 10:47 PM Reply   
Whoa, whoa!! Stretch, Jeff, AND Paula!! Wow! You guys come out of the woodwork. Sorry I missed it. I wil check on this Wed, but I am right at schedulel change. I am up for the once a month deal. Sounds like a great way to spend a smooth day at San V. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Thanks for Chris, Glen, and Bruce for getting it together! Next time I show up with a boat load of ladies!!
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-23-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
Hey Y'all,
It was a great time, Thanks again Dave, your boats awesome. Paula your riding has improved so much it's amazing, Bruce thanks for the hospitality, OTEW hooked it Beverages, Burgers, Boats and boards. I forgot how awesome the Xstars wake is, that was one of my better runs in a long time... Ha Ha sorry mighty malibu I think I'm just a MC type of guy. Cya on the water and cya sat Dave your going down on the Fiddy
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-23-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
Wow, I had no idea so much thought and effort went into this day. Cool Pictures. Thanks again Dave for inviting me out:-)