Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-14-2013, 12:49 PM Reply   
What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-14-2013, 1:13 PM Reply   
They all look GREAT! Can't wait to see what changes for 2014...
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-14-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
Classics? You mean Ski Brendellas? haha just kidding, those MB's look good
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-14-2013, 1:31 PM Reply   
I like the bass boat flake!!!
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-14-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
I'll take the blue one please.
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       03-14-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
those all look fantastic
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-14-2013, 1:55 PM Reply   
1. Red
2. Blue
3. Green

The towers have really come a long way. They should all sell well. I like these better than the TC.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-14-2013, 1:58 PM Reply   
Love the traditional bows!!! I just can't get into pickle fork boats, guess I'm just too "Old School"!
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-14-2013, 1:59 PM Reply   
Those all look GREAT!!
I really like the blue one. The classic scheme really looks clean!
Old     (jrz1)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-14-2013, 2:28 PM Reply   
One fish, two fish, red fish blue fish.... (well, almost)
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-14-2013, 2:48 PM Reply   
that black & blue is so clean
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-14-2013, 3:11 PM Reply   
All looking good Craig! Ready to see the next shipment, too!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-14-2013, 3:50 PM Reply   
like!
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-14-2013, 5:48 PM Reply   
I like the Blue and the Red ones!!! How about a little North Carolina Blue and White. Maybe a little Dark Blue and Yellow???? HHHHHMMMMMMMM.......
Old     (bushtree)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-14-2013, 6:37 PM Reply   
I love the classic gel scheme. Makes me want to upgrade my '12 already!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-14-2013, 8:23 PM Reply   
Looking really good. I really like MB's traditional bow and that classic gel....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-14-2013, 10:47 PM Reply   
Black and blue is super sharp to my eye. I love the classic scheme. Dang it, am I getting old?
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-14-2013, 11:11 PM Reply   
I've always wondered why MB angles their fiberglass step up? Just curious. Always hard for the little ones to get back on it. Never been a problem with prior BU, Sanger or Tige. Just curious.
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-14-2013, 11:12 PM Reply   
Oh maybe for the purevert system. Dunno.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-15-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
that blue one is niiiiiicccccceeeee!
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
MBs are really starting to grow on me. I can see one of these in my future.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       03-15-2013, 9:29 AM Reply   
They look great! No picklefork or other weird bow shape, no screaming graphics.. nice & clean! I'll have the blue one, por favor.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-15-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
MBs are really starting to grow on me. I can see one of these in my future.
Still got the X15?

Just remember to ask for the "I will actively sell MBs on Wakeworld" discount...
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-15-2013, 10:04 AM Reply   
Looks alright, but too round and fugly tower. I don't care for the new two post style towers.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Still got the X15?

Just remember to ask for the "I will actively sell MBs on Wakeworld" discount...

I do, maybe one day it will sell. I'll be ok if it doesn't sell though, I do love the X15 wake.

I'm not much of a promoter. I think I'm going to have to go for the "I buy a different boat every couple years discount."

Are you getting ready to bring out the X1? I brought my old board and old jacket home from the lake in fall, so I'll be ready for some early season sessions on the river. Maybe we can hit up "The Lakelands" instead.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-15-2013, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
I do, maybe one day it will sell. I'll be ok if it doesn't sell though, I do love the X15 wake.

I'm not much of a promoter. I think I'm going to have to go for the "I buy a different boat every couple years discount."

Are you getting ready to bring out the X1? I brought my old board and old jacket home from the lake in fall, so I'll be ready for some early season sessions on the river. Maybe we can hit up "The Lakelands" instead.
Yea, I am itching to get it out. It is currently at the dealer, but I will be grabbing it at the beginning of April. I will keep you updated when I am finally hitting the water.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-16-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
I really like these boats and they are the BEST value on the water- my only issue with them ( and this may seem dumb to you non-dog owners) is the swim step rides too high out of the water and getting my lab back on the boat would be a pain in the butt. they all see to ride bow heavy as well- make me wonder how those ballast tanks are set up- maybe too much weight moving forward in the boat? There is a lot to like about these- but with no dealer in Minnesota, I'll probably pass on them and go with an X 25 or X 30. MB- how about a dealer here in the land of 10,000 lakes!!
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-16-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
the step riding way above the water is over played, if your crew is in the bow it will sit high, with no ballast about 4", if you leave the ballast gates open (filling) and walk to the back and stand on the platform it will be touching the water
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surffresh View Post
the step riding way above the water is over played, if your crew is in the bow it will sit high, with no ballast about 4", if you leave the ballast gates open (filling) and walk to the back and stand on the platform it will be touching the water
Ah yes, I always have to fill my ballast to make the swim platform usable.

I kid, but seriously this is why I get aggravated with the MB and Tige fans on this site. Every other brands shortcomings are examined, brought up, and hammered on. Any constructive criticism thrown MB or Tige's way, and the owners get defensive and come up with any/every excuse to explain.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-16-2013, 10:59 AM Reply   
Mattie I'm an MB owner and if you search my user name you'll see a lot of fair criticisms.

I will say about the platform that it doesn't drag in the surf wave which can be a problem with a lower platform. I know that some surf guys with ither boats actually lift their platforms. So the flaw could be a "feature" depending how you look at it.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2013, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So the flaw could be a "feature" depending how you look at it.
And boom goes the dynamite...
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-16-2013, 12:02 PM Reply   
Always a butt hurt MC owner pops up when a MB or Tige post shows up. I don't own an MB but a couple of my friends do (2012 23 TWB and 2012 F21) and I like the both models and the swim platform being out of the water.

Craig, you guys at Texas Mastercraft order some amazing boats. I was up there recently when Tony picked up his white/black F21 and Mike Brendel was at the dealer.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-16-2013, 12:16 PM Reply   
Thanks AJ! We appreciate the compliment. That was pretty cool for you guys and Mike is about as down to earth as you will find.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2013, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
Always a butt hurt MC owner pops up when a MB or Tige post shows up. I don't own an MB but a couple of my friends do (2012 23 TWB and 2012 F21) and I like the both models and the swim platform being out of the water.

Craig, you guys at Texas Mastercraft order some amazing boats. I was up there recently when Tony picked up his white/black F21 and Mike Brendel was at the dealer.
Made a point, it was immediately proven by the next post made, and then the name calling starts. As consistent as gravity...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-16-2013, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Made a point, it was immediately proven by the next post made, and then the name calling starts. As consistent as gravity...
methinks you didn't read my post before you started patting yourself on the back mattie?

Or maybe you did? Easy enough to tell ... Just list a few of my criticisms of the brand in the other posts. They are very easy to find after all, being so numerous....
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-16-2013, 12:45 PM Reply   
Have an MB but trading it in for several reasons but the swim platform was one of them. Getting little ones and my dog in is a pain in the ass with the platforms sitting so far out of the water. Don't get me wrong MB is a good boat but little things things make it less desirable to me. Might not bother anyone else.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2013, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
They are very easy to find after all, being so numerous....
Just curious, is the chip on the shoulder something MB owners have in common before purchase, or does it develop after the fact?

Had a great conversation with Mike at the Chicago boat show, its a shame owners of his product don't share the same finer personality traits...

Last edited by MattieK27; 03-16-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-16-2013, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just curious, is the chip on the shoulder something MB owners have in common before purchase, or does it develop after the fact?

Had a great conversation with Mike at the Chicago boat show, its a shame owners of his product don't share the same finer personality traits...
Can you explain that? Not sure what you mean?
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-16-2013, 1:12 PM Reply   
It means he's a dick Shawndoggy. Comments like that "chip on the shoulder" are total BS. Grow up Matt-
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2013, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
It means he's a dick Shawndoggy. Comments like that "chip on the shoulder" are total BS. Grow up Matt-
I love this site! Only on Wakeworld can someone tell you to grow up for using the phrase "chip on the shoulder" and calls you a dick in the same post. Oh the irony. Keep it coming boys, great entertainment while waiting on the weather to warm up....
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-16-2013, 5:00 PM Reply   
craig... I have come to the realization that you have good taste in color ways, and it appears that you have high volume, so you can experiment a little. I think these boats look great, and love the classic gel, can't stand the X gel... don't get what an "x" has anything in common with F-21 F-23 F24, TWB, or MB. It is all over the MB's interior and exterior and does not make sense (except to steal business from master craft from poor souls who have no idea what they are doing). If it was an "F" at an angle, it would makes sense... but I digress. My other realization is that you do the best you can with what you are given and you have the toughest job when it comes to the xstar. Your X-30s look really nice, but almost all your Xstars are basically hideous. It is not your fault, obviously, as there is no common "theme" on that boat except that it looks like it was built with legos.

sorry to rant and get off topic... good looking boats, they will sell quick.

Now back to Matt schooling people with verbal judo...
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-17-2013, 3:24 PM Reply   
I'd own any of those boats, but man I really like that lime green one. MB boats have came a long way!!! Whats the price tag on one of those?
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-17-2013, 4:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Mattie I'm an MB owner and if you search my user name you'll see a lot of fair criticisms.

I will say about the platform that it doesn't drag in the surf wave which can be a problem with a lower platform. I know that some surf guys with ither boats actually lift their platforms. So the flaw could be a "feature" depending how you look at it.
-I agree with doggy on this one, I raised my platform 1.5" and will be probably going to 2" this summer.
-I have no problems with people getting in or out of the boat. I can say that it helped the surf wave. Enough to where I would look into wanting a higher deck as a "feature" when I purchase my next boat.

Hey Craig, what is the charge to ship an MB to Cali? I cant find a better site than Tx Mastercraft for side by side color combos on MBs. Good stuff.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-17-2013, 5:13 PM Reply   
The newer MB's swim platform is definitely higher out of the water than the older models.
Like Wakedirt says, the older model can drag through the water messing up the wave.

I like the looks of the newer rounded platforms though and their lack of interference with the surf wave. I agree though they can be a little tough for the little ones to get back on. As for my dogs, I wind up having to haul them into the boat no matter how high or low the platform is. It is a real struggle for any dog to pull themself up a leading edge like that.
Attached Images

Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-18-2013, 5:50 AM Reply   
The swim platform does ride a little high when ballast are empty, but I haven't found it to be a deterrent. I have two girls and they have figured out a way to get on no problem. And really, it takes 60sec to fill and empty. If you need it lower, fill the ballast!! Every boat owner on this thread defends the brand that he owns to an extent.

Some of these TROLLS with nothing else to do should be eliminated.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-18-2013, 10:12 AM Reply   
they seem to think that you have to sit there and run pumps, all you have to do is touch two switches, the gates open and it will fill by the time you go to the back and when you take off they will dump because it was left open, sorry they called you one of the 50 suckers, forgive them Lord because they have no idea what they are even talking about ( 2 GA guys on another thread )
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-18-2013, 1:05 PM Reply   
I'm no troll and I have had an f21 for 2 years. The swim step out of the water is one of the reasons I am trading it in. I know how to fill and empty the ballast. It is a good boat but several small issues like the swim step is why we are getting out of it. Also very hard for the wife to put gas in where the gas cap is when the boat is on the trailer. She needs a step up or has to hop on to the swim platform. For some people theses are small things but for my family it is just one of several. Love the wake but need a friendlier one for everyone.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-18-2013, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakintime View Post
I'm no troll and I have had an f21 for 2 years. The swim step out of the water is one of the reasons I am trading it in. I know how to fill and empty the ballast. It is a good boat but several small issues like the swim step is why we are getting out of it. Also very hard for the wife to put gas in where the gas cap is when the boat is on the trailer. She needs a step up or has to hop on to the swim platform. For some people theses are small things but for my family it is just one of several. Love the wake but need a friendlier one for everyone.
Totally understand. Sometimes it's those little things that get under your skin and then just drive you nuts. I go through cars every few years for the same reason (one little thing starts bugging me and then it takes all of the enjoyment out of the vehicle).
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-18-2013, 1:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Shawndoggy. Some people just don't get it. No bash on the boat just not right for the whole family. We are wakeboarding 90% of the time and gonna miss the wake and ease of filling and emptying ballast.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-18-2013, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'm with ya, JR...

After owning two MB's my list of "little" annoyances just got too long. I still think they are great boats, but I there's nothing I really miss.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-18-2013, 1:59 PM Reply   
Hey JR or DBC- send me a PM with some of the things you've dealt with- I don't want to start anything on this site- but i'd like to be an informed buyer.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-18-2013, 2:03 PM Reply   
Clean and simple. They look great! Even the green one and I am not a big fan of that color on boats.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2013, 3:50 PM Reply   
the blue and the red both look tremendous, really beautiful boats.

i'm a big fan of the simplicity and style of the MB's, really nice boats.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-18-2013, 4:41 PM Reply   
I was looking at older MB's for sell, and Im glad they got away from those tribal/flame graphics! Id be interested in one if the wake is really as good as everyone says. I wish there was a dealer somewhere close to me so I could demo one.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-18-2013, 7:33 PM Reply   
JR I wasn't speaking of you.
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-18-2013, 9:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakintime View Post

JR pretty sure Troll comment not directed at you....
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-19-2013, 7:31 AM Reply   
Thanks Johnny, I appreciate that. The XStar has so many color combinations that it makes it interesting to build. Like anything, some like it, some don't. I appreciate all the input though, and that's why I like to post boats to see opinions. Keep em coming!

Wakedirt, seeing how the boats are built in Cali, it's probably much less expensive to find something local. Have you tried California Skier? Call Chuck and he'll take good care of you. He's a good dude.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-19-2013, 10:12 AM Reply   
I dig the classic look. And, I agree with Johnny, the X graphic needs an association. My only gripe towards their latest offering is the blocky top of the tower which I find to be an eye sore. And, my only gripe towards MB in general is their higher noise/vibration compared to other boats. But, their wake/value rocks. Yes, there are little nits with the slamming gullwing lockers, the fuel fill underass and the board rack bungie hooks but these exist with any boat. Sure, I would rather own a G23 but that should be compared to a feet of MBs.
Old     (boardman)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-19-2013, 11:24 AM Reply   
JR or DBC. I would also like to be interested in hearing your thoughts on the MBs. I looked at them at the Charlotte Boat show, but haven't heard much besides what the guy selling them had to say. I dont know that I am a huge fan of filling the ballast every time you want to lower the platform to a more typical ski/wake boat, but maybe thats not a bad deal when considering price.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-19-2013, 12:17 PM Reply   
seriously this thing with the platform is something I've never noticed on the water, nor has anyone ever mentioned it. And we don't usually run that heavy.

boardman, here are a few of my gripes, in case MattieK27 didn't already pm you the link: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790950
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-19-2013, 12:31 PM Reply   
I had to go looking for some pics of the platform out of the water, and yep I guess it sure is....

Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-21-2013, 6:24 AM Reply   
what's so hard about this ?
Attached Images

Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-21-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
Drew - that is such a great looking boat.. I remember seeing that one on FB when they were building it shortly after they built mine... that is one of the cleanest looking MB's I have seen..
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       03-21-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
agreed, one of my favorite MB's
Old     (boardman)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-21-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
what year is that baby blue and white boat? And how much weight was in it in those pictures?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-21-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
thanks guys and not to hijack but..., I thought you guys might like this one with the metal f popping , oh yeah it is for sale but looks like it may be going to Russia to some folks that bought one last year so they will have 2 for contest, school, etc. but as always...first one with the $$
Attached Images

Old     (boardman)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-21-2013, 8:13 AM Reply   
Guess no answers on ur baby blue and white boat drew?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-21-2013, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
what year is that baby blue and white boat? And how much weight was in it in those pictures?
it's a 2012, just stock ballast I believe because it's level, I have an additional 2200 plug n play for surfing, all you have to do is touch two buttons, the ballast gates open in a flash, nothing is running and they fill in 60 sec. 2300lbs
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-21-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surffresh View Post
it's a 2012, just stock ballast I believe because it's level, I have an additional 2200 plug n play for surfing, all you have to do is touch two buttons, the ballast gates open in a flash, nothing is running and they fill in 60 sec. 2300lbs
How did you accomplish this drew?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-21-2013, 9:05 AM Reply   
pm sent
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-21-2013, 7:42 PM Reply   
Mine seems to sit pretty high out of the water and I just learned to fill the ballast since I'm riding then swimming them riding again. Unloaded my kids 9 and 13 have no problem getting on the boat. I have wondered to drop mine but it's water lever when all loaded up and just fine.
Drew ~ Good looking ride you have their homi...
Name:  IMG_5276.jpg
Views: 1578
Size:  106.0 KB
Old     (PureWakesurfing1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-22-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
I rode behind Drew's boat. Loaded n unloaded, no issues getting up on the platform. Looks like the Tomcats platform sit higher than the WB's. I kinda like the idea of having it just above the waterline, seems like a good idea for the wake. Enough that I might throw some spacers under my Centurion platform and see what happens!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-22-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureWakesurfing1 View Post
I rode behind Drew's boat. Loaded n unloaded, no issues getting up on the platform. Looks like the Tomcats platform sit higher than the WB's. I kinda like the idea of having it just above the waterline, seems like a good idea for the wake. Enough that I might throw some spacers under my Centurion platform and see what happens!
I went 1.5" with some 2"x1.5" square stock steel painted black. I now have a section of 2" x 2" becuase I wanted to go aluminum instead of steel, but have had zero issues with my painted steel spacers, it really helped the surf wake, and at rest with ballast it is still submereged a bit.
Old     (PureWakesurfing1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-22-2013, 8:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
I went 1.5" with some 2"x1.5" square stock steel painted black. I now have a section of 2" x 2" becuase I wanted to go aluminum instead of steel, but have had zero issues with my painted steel spacers, it really helped the surf wake, and at rest with ballast it is still submereged a bit.
AWESOME!!! This is my weekend project.