Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-06-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
I just saw this boat for sale on some local classified ads. It is unusual enough that I thought I would share.

There are 8 of the JL audio 10 inch free air subs in here. For the size, I was impressed with the 1 sub that was in my old X45. But I am just curious if they would have done better to just get some bigger subs altogether. Any audio gurus care to speculate how 8 free air subs are going to sound all aligned like that?

The guy might also be ahead of his time mixing both HLCD's and coaxials on the tower. I am tempted to call him just to go take a look, although I am not in the market, but I don't want to waste his time.

Calling the 6.0L in the X45 'efficient' might be a little stretching the truth.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...ch=mastercraft
Old    kx250frider617            05-06-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
8 free air subs is the biggest waste of money. That what you call a rich guy that thinks more is better. I guarantee you can get only 2 high end sub in there required enclosure to sound 10x better and louder than all of those. I bet that thing rattles like crazy. Now if he took the time and sealed off all the subs from the rear, that thing would be stupid loud.

If you see him, I would get a stereo demo just to proof how much money he wasted HAHA.
However, I would take the boat though.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-06-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
And I should add, that when I say I liked the sub in my X45, I had to more than double the power to get it to sound decent. It is way underpowered from the factory.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-06-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
According to the ad it has 10 10" subs not 8.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-06-2012, 5:55 PM Reply   
what is upillar?
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-06-2012, 9:25 PM Reply   
one thing comes to mind when I read this ad... LON!
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-06-2012, 10:07 PM Reply   
Nothing worse that than the boat owner including a picture of themselves in the boat, in the add. Put your hot a** wife in their maybe, but not a picture of you posing in the boat. I want to imagine my fat ass in the boat, not you. Oh and spend the extra $$$ and get some led's for the Wetsounds to match the rest of the boat.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-06-2012, 11:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleza View Post
one thing comes to mind when I read this ad... LON!

In loving memory of some of the greatest WW quotes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBR9...ature=youtu.be

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780094
Old     (mikeporter2000)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
I love it. "I can just see the guy now...

"Well my stock infinite baffle subwoofer sounds like crap. I'll just add 9 more and it will sound great!"

Oops, crappy x 10!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-07-2012, 8:06 AM Reply   
That's some serious mid-bass!
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-07-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
That thread was one of the first I read on WW 2 years ago. Freaking classic!

We need to start a 'Find Lon' thread and campaign.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-07-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^second that
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
Some how I think Trevor was sold a bill of goods on this boat!

blah blah blah you need marine speakers blah blah JL is the only option from the factory, so why would you put in anything else blah blah this motor is fuel efficient blah blah one of the biggest wakesurf wakes in history!!!

That must be why we see all the X45 references under best wakesurf wave lol
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-07-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-07-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
I have 4 of the wetsounds free air subs in my X2, sounds awesome, but I have them set up to compound load etc... exaclty how they should be to maximize their design. 4 is ridiculous I cannot imagine 10.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-07-2012, 11:44 AM Reply   
HAHA! Chattwake....Thanks for making my day.

I put 8 subs in the title, since I obviously did not read the description too well, and only could find 8 subs in the pictures. He has 2 more hidden somewhere...unbelieveable.

It seems like he should have good power to them, saying that he has 6 of the JL 1000.1 amps in there.

I think most folks would actually be surprised by the output of the 10 inch free air sub when it has enough power. Lacks the super low end punch, but otherwise pretty decent. Key here is with more power than it comes with stock...most folks have not heard it powered properly. I still bet all 10 of them would not compete with a well powered 15 in a ported box....

I hope you guys don't anger him...so that he goes 'LON' on me, if I run into him someday.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-07-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
I don't care about the speakers obviously that's overkill on crappy subs when he could have just put 1 12w7 in there and called it quits. what gets me is the advertising, i could have read this 50 times and picked out something new each time.... for example....

"- 16 life jackets. 10+ of those $200 vests each"......where did he find 10+ $200 dollar life jackets....and if there is such a thing, why....
i could go on and on but this is funny... i also just looooove how they threw 2 wetsounds up on the tower to cover up the crap that will be coming out of the 4 components on the tower haha.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-07-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
also, the highest priced 2009 on OIB is like 75...you'd have to be an idiot to buy this.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-07-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
lol, this is scary, because someone will end up buying this. i hope no one pays 90+k for this creation.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-07-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
That thread was one of the first I read on WW 2 years ago. Freaking classic!

We need to start a 'Find Lon' thread and campaign.

In loving memory.......... 'Too all of you smart ass come out tonight to the fat cat in modesto tonight night is fights night come out from behind your screen name come talk your **** to my face lets see who shows then ill post pic i feed off jealous people ." LON 2010

Last edited by WakeDirt; 05-07-2012 at 6:08 PM. Reason: Quote
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-07-2012, 6:22 PM Reply   
Chattwake^^^^^^^ Awesome.... Hahaha
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-07-2012, 10:13 PM Reply   
@ Chattwake - Touchdown!!!