Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-01-2011, 8:20 PM Reply   
We bought an RV a few weeks ago and have finally decided to justify a new truck purchase. My old 93 has seen it's best days. Anyway, I searched the forum and couldn't find any discussion on the 3/4 ton gas comparisions. I'm looking at gas motors only. The reason is because I change all my own oil and don't want to deal with the bulk oil issues for diesels, nor do I want to have to find the additive. I also do not want to deal with the extra $7500 either. I think for my needs, and my loads, gas will be fine. So, today I am looking at the Chevy 2500 with 6.0 and actually test drove it. It has the 6 speed, 3.73 and 4x4. The power was actually kind of odd. I could tell that it had torque management fully engaged. The power came on slow and would rev to 5500. Don't get me wrong. The truck would move, but it didn't really have the seat of the pants feel I was expecting. I wondered how it would tow too. My 5.3 Trailblazer was a sluggish slug before I tuned it (PCMforless) and I believe this truck would be no different. This truck was a WT with a few options and he'd sell it to me for 37.5K (stickered at about 39) plus whatever incentives that he finds are available once their network is repaired.

So, on the way home, we stopped at Ford. We have been there a lot lately looking at all the 1/2 ton trucks but have decided that it could limit us if we decide we want a larger RV. Tonight we looked at an identical, of the Chevy, F250 with 6.2. It seemed larger and had some great storage, but I kind of hate the fuzzy cloth where the Chevy had a nice smooth but textured (make sense) cloth. Anyway, it was identical except it had a shift on the fly transfer case. I honestly am not a Ford fan, but they do seem to have something going on now and several folks on here have talked them up pretty good (Hate N Pain and others). Anyway, I plan to drive it tomorrow and see how it feels compared to the Chevy. Here's the amazing part: It was $37,5K on the sticker. Since I'd like to get close to $30K, this is a plus.

After saying all that, does anyone have any recommendations about what to expect from the Ford 6.2 or if others feel the same about the slower than expected response from the Chevy? What about pricing? (HateNPain )