Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       06-30-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
How do you guys think the RZ2 compares to the 220? Im starting to like the RZ2 the more and more i look at it
Old     (tigerider20v)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-30-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
Popcorn and beer, anyone?
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-30-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
I used to own a Tige 22V (I know it's not the RZ2) and then upgraded to the SAN220. The Tige was a good boat. The Nautique is a much better boat IMO. The main difference I can make out are all of the little things that Nautique does to be a step above. Examples: Tige~rats nest of wiring under dash ~ Nautique~breaker panel for all of your critical electrical components with very tight wiring. The vinyl seats on the Tige are not the same quality. Customer service~I had a pretty major problem with my Tige and it was like pulling teeth to get the issue resolved. I had a seam in one of my seat cushions come apart on my 220 and Nautique sent me two new re-designed seats even though I only needed one. No questions asked...just sent them a photo of the faulty seam. Ski pylon on the 220 is anchored into the hull of the boat~Tige ski pylon only connected through fiberglass which resulted in spider cracks. 220 came stock with two batteries~Tige one. These are just examples of the small differences.

Keep in mind that I still think Tige makes a quality product. They seem to have come a long way and the new boats look pretty sick. I think you would enjoy either boat. The wake behind the Tige may be a little more user friendly also. The 220 likes to ride fast. I rode at 22 mph and 70 feet behind the Tige. I ride at 24.5 mph and 80 feet behind the 220. Best thing to do is go ride both boats and see which one you are more comfortable in and behind. The 220 has a more cozy feeling where the RZ2 will likely have a more spread out feeling. Storage on both boats will be comparable.
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-30-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
Best way to find out is demo both them.

Opinions are like azz-hoes...everybody has one.
Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       06-30-2009, 9:54 PM Reply   
cant demo tige in mn
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-01-2009, 7:31 AM Reply   
if you cant demo one then why would you even want to buy one?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-01-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
I would add to Jason what year are you looking at? If he had a 22v its at least an 05 boat or older and can tell you that all companies have stepped things up when it comes to those very same issues. So comparing an 05 22v to a 08 or newer CC may not be a true apples to apples. However, the thing on the RZ that would make me nervous is where is your dealer going to be or do you not have a CC dealer either. I would not buy a brand new boat unless I had a good dealer to back me up. Many customer service issues with Manufacturers seem to get ironed out much easier if you have a good dealer in your corner. I think Jason is very fair on his description of wake and use. I would say the 220 more of a wake machine and the RZ more of a all around watersports boat. Also rough water Tige makes an incredible boat for that. Either way I would take either one you just really need to think of what your buying it for. I made the mistake of just buying because of wake and ease of selling and have a boat that is a bit small for my family (2002 X Star). I love the RZ for the space and make sure you get it with the ballast system if you go that way. If you go 220 you can't really go wrong with the comfort of that boat either however your looking at a 96" beam on the 220 vs a 102" beam on the RZ so is quite a bit narrower so if space is more important get in an RZ for a demo no matter how far you have to drive.
Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       07-01-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
08/09 rz2 vs 08/09 220

Got family in texas where Tige is so I can go down and demo there

(Message edited by ericdizzzle on July 01, 2009)
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-01-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
Go to Atlanta you can demo every major boat on the same lake.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-01-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
Things have changed a LOT since Jason's 22V, you can look under the dash of the RZ2 and you'll see what I mean ;) The vinyl on the new Tige's is the same weight as Malibu is using, the engines are PCM now, they have a good ballast system now. Things are different than 5 years ago.

I love my RZ2 but without a good dealer to back me up with ANY boat, I wouldn't own that brand when buying a new boat with a warranty. If you live in MN and there's not a good dealer (or any for that matter), I would probably go with the SAN.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-01-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
Eric I agree with Timmy where is the closest Tige Dealer? In my original post you really need to look at what your going to be using this boat for. For me it would be intermediate wakeboarding, wakeskating, surfing, and tubing with the kids. Having a good dealer within the same distance I would lean Tige'. A little more bang for your buck size wise. With CC you get the CC name so probably an easier resale which does not me resale value that can be argued, a bit more bling with seating configuration etc. However would say that it will cost you more as well. Demo both boats no matter what it takes your going to be spending at the very least $48k and up. Worth a trip to Texas or Atlanta like DH said. I did see a loaded RZ at a tourney and the wake was real nice guys were going HUGE. So it is a good wakeboat as well. Check boat test I am pretty sure you get better gas mileage with the Tige lots of people don't care about that because they love the CC wake. It would not be a deciding factor for me either.

(Message edited by tampawake on July 01, 2009)
Old     (snacks)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-01-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
Eric,
I just became the Tige dealer in Utah. We love the boat. We also sell the Epic Wakeboat. Both nice, Tige is more family friendly. I just took our first ride behind our 09 RZ2. Surf wake is huge for only having 900lbs ballast. The vinyl that everyone is talking about is better than older Tiges.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-01-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
I've driven both, entirely different boats. Demo them both and go with the one you like the best. CC's aren't made as good a most peeps think.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-01-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
Bull. Maybe you should chime out so this guy will get an unbiased opinion.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-01-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
I've seen more white unicorns then unbiased opinions on WW, they are all biased against Tige.

Now Craig, please feel free to elaborate on such a great statement as "Bull", it really sheds some light on the subject. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with us that you you have with both boats. In other words, all you have to add to this thread is what you already said, "Bull".
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-01-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
I agree with mike when you start digging into any of these boats I am never that impressed. Some do things better than others but I am never like WOW what ingenuity. You would think the way some people talk about their specific brand that GOD crapped gold and out came MC,CC,BU etc. I love my MC but can tell you it aint gold and there are plenty of places you could improve it as well as my two friends one has a 210 and the other a 220. I also believe TigeMike sells both brands so he may know a little bit. I think we all agree demo demo demo and please god demo. Buy what fits you.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-01-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
RZ2 has a nice stock wake, if your going to plan to load it down a ton youd be better off with a 22Ve, the RZ will start to sit too low in the water and the hull design, picklefork, will mess up the wake.

Nautique wake is a lot harder in my opinion, I have not ridden behind a 220 but I do have a 210.

I had a Tige Z1 last year and sold them at the local dealership last summer so I have spent time in about all their models. They do have better vinal and all that stuff for 09 but youll pay about the same as you would for a Nautique, at least in our area. Resale will be better down the road on the Nautique and in my opinion its a little better built boat. Just look in the engine compartment at how accessable everything is, like the ballast pumps, oil filter, etc.

I know Tige now has PCM, but I still think its a little overpriced, especially the 09's, and they are still behind a little in true "Wakeboats"
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-01-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
BTW...A point to clarify~ my 22V Tige was a 2004 and my 220 is a 2006. I had more issues with the Tige than I have had with my 220.

I still believe in the Tige brand because I like the way that company continues to evolve. I'm sure the new boats are light years ahead of my 2004 22V. I wouldn't rule out buying another Tige at some point in the future. Test drive, test drive, test drive. Good luck and have fun.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-01-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   

quote:

RZ2 has a nice stock wake, if your going to plan to load it down a ton youd be better off with a 22Ve, the RZ will start to sit too low in the water and the hull design, picklefork, will mess up the wake.

Never heard that before. I have loaded my RZ2 with 3k in weight and the wake is prime. I have never had issues with the hull design affecting the wake.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-02-2009, 4:43 AM Reply   
I am referring to the fact that at all the Tige events like the Pro-Am they use the Ve because of the hull and the weight they put in the boat. This is coming straight from the guys at the Tige Factory.