Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2008, 10:40 PM Reply   
Lyman, Rathy, Lidberg and myself have been here for almost two days filming for Global Warning and my hands are raw I have been riding so much! I have respect for the people at my camp who have blown out hands after two days. The cable park is sick, 12 obstacles, and the new winch park that Panakos has been working on is crazy. Rathy and I just session the new sisitec (sp?) system that goes from a high pool, drops down to a low and you can either air down or ride the rails. They are building something like 12-15 pools that look like nothing you have ever seen!
We are here for another 4 days after today and i will do my best to post some pics for you northerners itchin to ride. Trust me, I know the feeling from back in the Missouri days.
It was a pretty long trip to get here, 33 hours from my house to the cable park, but honestly, it's worth it. You can ride your face off here, hopefully figuratively speaking. Nice places to stay, good food and everything is pretty cheap.
You guys should really put that wakeworld camsur trip together.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
Wow, a wakeworld Camsur trip is an awesome idea. I just saw that place on Fuel the other day and it looks insane! We should try to swing some kind of group deal so it's cheap enough for say, a poor college student to afford or maybe even a few college students from our wakeclub.... : )
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2008, 11:28 PM Reply   
that'd be sick imagine a 747 filled with nothing but wakeworlders!!!!
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-10-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
thanks for taking time to share shaun. that place looks awesome.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-10-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
Oh yeah the good 'ole Missouri days, it's only going to be 40 today. Thanks for rubbing it in Shaun.

Can't wait to see the photos and my hands still haven't healed from being down at your place over a month ago. Tell Ronnie, I said Hey!
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-12-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
Sorry I haven't posted pics yet. Been busy getting sunburned. We have been getting so much riding in that we don't know what to do with ourselves. Everyone here from the other guests to the staff are super friendly and helpful. We've had some rain here and there, and the wind has picked up a few times, but it really hasn't stopped the riding much. I rode the combos skis for a few laps, hit some obstacles and one of em hit back. It was this picnic table kinda slider and one ski went off the side scraping my leg. Didn't get hurt really, but would've been awesome footage if someone was shooting.
We have a day and a half left, so we will see what happens.
Will try to get pics up for you guys, but if things go like yesterday, I might get caught up in a serious game of Marco Polo and Sharks and Minnows.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-12-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
if any of you guys like rum & cokes - make sure you have the local rum - TANDUAY RUM - best in the world! One of the country's treasures.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-12-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
as long as they have bud light, dpc's happy.

hey shaun, hope my home country's being a gracious host to you all. can't wait to see this flick!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
Sounds like a good time.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-12-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
can't wait to go to worlds!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
there's some pics up here:
http://www.camsurwatersportscomplex.com/photo_album/main.php?cmd=album&var1=Guest+Photos%2F2008/

the 3 most recent albums.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-12-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
Wow! A amazingly cool cable park in the backyard of the Abu Sayyaf. I love it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-13-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
Alex, that's a pretty low blow. 99.9% of the Philippines are peaceful and awesome. Cam Sur and it's wake park is turning into the hottest wakeboard destination in the world. To say terrorists are there, when actually the terror groups are in the furthest southern islands while CWC is north of Manila, is whack.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-13-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
Obviously he has never heard of CWC and has never seen what goes down there.

The GOV is doing an amazing thing for our sport there.

I think at the next wake awards he should get the award for the most influence in the progression of this sport!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-13-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Being derogatory was absolutely not my intent, and if my post reads that I way I whole-heartedly apologize.
What I was trying to convey is that this amazing new cable park is a feather in the cap of the free world and
the efforts of a small handful of confused extremists are mostly ineffectual. I'm totally not a hater or
a cynic, and I apologize for my original post being nebulous.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-13-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
I am for nebulous. If I only knew what that meant.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-13-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
you got nothing to worry about in the PI unless you are in the Mindanau Islands(southern Islands)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-13-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
big heavy, i fall in the .1% group.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-13-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
So are like 3 of my ex's...
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-19-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
here's a few snaps from my point and shoot. nothing special but better than nothing. this first pic is just the cabanas where we all stayed. i will put up more in a sec.Upload
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-19-2008, 6:43 AM Reply   
Here are some views of the new winch park. It is so much fun to ride! It is about 1/3 complete and when they dial it in, it will be sick! The whole cable park is so dialed from rails to overall setup of the place. They really have everything wakeboarding has to offer. But like I said, the park is only partial done, they haven't done the landscaping etc...Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-19-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
one last pic. the food there is actually pretty good, but if you order the chicken pasta, it comes with a big ol piece of chicken rather than the traditional chicken pieces us americans are use to. we got a kick out of it. Upload
Old     (wakerider803)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-19-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
that place looks sick! i wish i could be there!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-21-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
I think that Ryan Taylor should post up some Pics, he is with the crew as the photog! Lets see some mang!
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-23-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
No doubt this would be a perfect place for spring ride. After bass lake please take it to Camsur. Make it in April for perfect philippino weather!