Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-09-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
We are in Orlando and had lots of fun at the Surf Expo and now are preparing for the MyWake Live Finals in Orlando at Buena Vista Water Sports on Lake Bryan. Amazing location, I am extremely stoked!

Here are the white sand volleyball courts as you walk into the cabana and viewing beach area.

IMG_9973 by wake9, on Flickr

Outside the cabana toward the lake you can see the tiki bar where refreshments will be served over the entire event. You can see the lake behind it, the course is just out to the left.

IMG_9982 by wake9, on Flickr

Just outside the cabana on the beach is this viewing area.

IMG_9984 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is the dock where the riders will be launching from during the event as seen from the beach outside the cabana.

IMG_9988 by wake9, on Flickr

This is a view from the water looking at the viewing area and the corner of the cabana on the left. We will be doing the live broadcast from under that corner of the cabana and Dano the Mano will be doing the MC duties for the entire event. The dock is behind and to the right.

IMG_9993 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is a picture straight out to the lake from the beach. Course is about 20 feet deep.

IMG_0005 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is a great picture of the cabana from the outside, I have never broadcast from such a beautiful place, stoked!

IMG_0010 by wake9, on Flickr

Part of the beach, cabana to right, tiki bar to the left.

IMG_0012 by wake9, on Flickr

This is under the cabana, awards will be held under her at the end. This is setup for a wedding I think, not sure how it will look at the event but I am sure it will be top notch based on all I have seen from World Sports & Marketing.

IMG_0013 by wake9, on Flickr

Sean Dishman is showing me the dock. There will be a full film crew here and will be interviewing riders after there runs in this location.

IMG_0025 by wake9, on Flickr

Pretty amazing, I met with the head of the film crew, and its going to be top notch, they will have a videographer in the boat along with a couple on the beach, etc. Cool for me to see wakesurfing treated at the same level as wake boarding.

Lastly, check out this video of some of the highlights of the online event, and most of these pro riders will be out. Make sure you watch live tomorrow! (Monday 9/10).

Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-10-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
it's on now!
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       09-10-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
I caught some of the men's surf. Looks like Chase is riding a new board?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-10-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
Chase has a Liquid Force pro model now.
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       09-10-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
doesn't seem like anyone in the men's surf is landing much, is the water choppy?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-10-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
I only caught some of the Men's open skim goofy side and then the wakeskate and all of the wakeboarding. Looked cool ragboy! Nice job by Wake9 and Tige!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-11-2012, 1:18 AM Reply   
We will be broadcasting at 9am EST today, get started earlier for wakesurfing, went slow yesterday, the lake is deep enough for surfing, but like seaweed or whatever its called in florida is right at your feet underwater. I have no clue about wakeboarding setup but I know that was wreaking havoc with our surf wake all day. We added more weight for today to compensate in the right places, should help. Did you see Chase's air 180s though? Didn't seem to hurt him much, I didn't think that much air was even possible.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-11-2012, 3:44 AM Reply   
Here is chase from a screen grab.

Check out the pro camera on the jet ski behind him. There were pro cameras in the boat, on skis, on the shore, its been amazing to be a part of an event with this type of budget and no expense spared kind of attitude to make the riders look their best.
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-12-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
That was cool. only thing better would to be in the boat!
The DJ was killing it when there was down time and we even received some shout outs!
Thanks Wake9 for taking the wheel and driving...tip of the spear!!!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-11-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
those are magic beans, or so I read