Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (prochny9)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-15-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
Hello everyone,
I have 2006 Supra 21V with 340KM Indmar in it. Since gas prices in Europe are so high ($5-6 per gal), I'd like to convert it to LPG (propane).
I was wondering if anybody's done that on their new MPI engines?
I would really appreciate any help and pictures of your installs.
Where did you guys put gas tanks? how do you refuel? ANy problems you encountered? Any power loss? Let me know a little bit about the cost of such an install.
Thank you in advance.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-15-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
I doubt you'll find any help on here regarding LPG (propane) conversions seeing how low the price of fuel in the US is.

I have converted my TBI engine in my boat to LPG and its great. The tanks are mounted either side of the engine and provide great ballast and my fuel bills are halved.

The issue you'll have with a MPI engine is the inlet manifold is not equal and if you run a single point LPG system the cylinders closest to the intake will run richer than those furthest away.

Ideally you'll need a sequential multipoint LPG system and for that I think you'd be looking at 3000 euros plus but with that you won't lose any power.

(Message edited by jayc on September 15, 2006)