Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (effin_stoked)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-22-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
i was wondering which would give more pop: a larger continuous rocker board or a shorter 3-stage rocker board. I know 3-stages are known to give more pop, but i have also been told that the more surface area a board has the more it will pop you. Specifically i was looking at the slingshot recoil 142 vs. the slingshot response 145, so also any first hand experience with these boards would be helpful. In case you need to know im 6'2'' and 220lbs.
thanks for any help
Old     (jnelson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-22-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
The Roam board has a ton of flex, I am sure it will pop great!
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-22-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
The 145 has more rocker overall so loading the board up flatter against the wake will increase your pop and can lead to smoother airs and higher pop with proper edge control to let the flex work for you.

The 142 has the 3 stage so its going to be stiffer and slower. But with the 3 stage you get more of an aggressive pop similar to a skate ollie. So the more force you put in against its edge the higher the pop.

I'm about the same size and weight and have ridden
both. The Recoil hits hard of the wake but the Response is so smooth and seems to go into the flats better. I'm just an average rider so the continuous might easier for me to load against than the 3 stage. Also the Response rides similar to my snowboard so maybe that has to do with me riding better on it.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
I like the "bucking style" of 3 stage boards personally, and I'm getting the Recoil 142 this summer. Both are great boards, but i have ridden them back to back.

go with whichever board you think fits your liking and style of pop as flexnwake described

your gana love the rebounding flex!

(Message edited by wakerider111 on April 22, 2008)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
its not about the rocker that gives you more pop. more surface area will give you more pop. the difference between the 3 stage and the continous is that the pop is more abrupt and straight up and the continous is a little more softer but launches you out further.