Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (8point1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
I just picked up this 1990 Ski Brendella. I practically stole it from the guy. It has a PCM 351 with low compression on 2 cylinders. I know it's not the perfect boat, or what most of you guys have...but it will be great for me.

The boat was sitting in a heated garage for the last 3 years, and it sat in the lake for about 2 months right after the guy found out the motor was done (hence the brown algae along the water line - rubs right off). I will be updating this with pics as I go...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-21-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
The pink is hot.

Nice shop btw..
Old     (deltardr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-21-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
sack it out!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-21-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
Are you going to rebuild the engine?
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-21-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
My college waterski team used one of those (UNC-Charlotte) its a good towboat, not sure how the wake is for boarding though.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
That is pretty sweet actually. I love deals like that, especially (assuming from your profile) when you can rebuild/restore it for pennies on the dollar and return it to its 1990 form. Good luck and keep us up to date on the pics, I can't wait to see it sacked out, polished and running wide open.
Old     (8point1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
yeah i figured the wake is going to need alot of work to be even decent, but if i can get it on the water this summer just to cruise i will be stoked. yeah the color isn't my first choice, but f it, the gals will like it. Its growing on me.

I got the motor out this weekend. Check out how clean it is for being 17 years old... I plan on just doing a stock rebuild, but bored .030" over. So it will end up being a 357. The rebuild kit came today, so hopefully I can get this motor torn apart to get to the machine shop soon.

Upload

Upload
Upload
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-23-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
Did you leak down test it? It may only needs heads. Definetly gonna take some work on the wake since that is a slolom ski specific hull, but like you said, it'll get you out there.
Old    walt            07-23-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
Thats the same as the boat that I first got up on a wakeboard behind. Same year and color too but it's a open bow.
Old     (8point1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
Yeah I did a full leakdown test, alot of air in the crankcase, and alot coming out from the exhaust seats. I would rather pull the whole motor out and rebuild it myself...get a fresh start.

(Message edited by 8point1 on July 23, 2007)
Old     (cougar1)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
That is awesome. I love older boats. Damn nice find! I will definitely be watching as you progress. Don't forget the updates.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-24-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Nice boat Patrick. There was a gal on here that had a Brendella named Andrea. Don't know what she had on hers but I know she had a bag up front plumbed in. You could prolly do the same then just run bags on each side of the motor and one behind. Good luck maybe see you on long lake sometime.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-24-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
how much did u get it for??? looks like a great 1st boat.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-24-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
Just a suggestion.

I am very interested to see the continuing progress of this projects and I have an idea. Why don't you change the name of the thread to Pink Brendella Rebuild. That way when people log on and check the post they do not get this confused with alot of the other threads with the same wording . I only say that because people are always creating thread nems similar to this and I think it my be confusing. That was all

By the way I like the boat and hope all goes well with the rebuild.

That red van in the shop is also kick a$$. Suggestion paint that pink to match the boat and you will have one of the most unique rig/boat setups out there!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
Sweet!! Finally, a thread worth keeping up with!

Nice buy, i love it when you can steal something cause they don't know a damn thing about it. You upgrading anything else? (Not that you need the power, the boat will JUMP out of the hole loaded down with the stock 351 and the right prop...) But, since you've got it out... anything else?

I think a unique thread is a good idea. However, i think Miami Vice Towboat is a bit more fitting. And from the looks of the hull, i think you'll be pleasantly suprised with the wake.

rock on, nice find and keep us updated.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
Stoked for you. Keep the pink too! A few sacs and walla, you in it to win it.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-24-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
Patrick,
A 90 brendella is one of the first boats I ever rode behind. They're GREAT boats and actually make a decent wake with some added ballast. They take well to ballast but have a low freeboard so attentive driving is needed. I think you'll be really happy with her. Congrats and definitely keep us updated with your progress and all these great photos!

-Steve
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
I just threw out an old 377 stroker kit for a ford. Good luck with it fairly simple rebuild if you need any help let me know be glad to help.
Old     (8point1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
how do I change the name of the thread?
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
Start a new one.
Old     (8point1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
alright then...