Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-03-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
"Attention" all pretty girls, to walkway now"

: Þ
Thanks & Stay tuned to
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/vanstc

Cheers, Barry Vaught
407-256-2240
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/wakeboard_usa

Billy Garcia
Billy Garcia

Yoshio Oka
YoshioOka

JB Jeff Barton
JB Jeff Barton

Billy Garcia
Billy Garcia

(Message edited by barry_vaught on October 03, 2003)
Old    blind5            10-05-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
i was riding around the cable and that girl and a friend were out there all day.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-06-2003, 7:32 PM Reply   
some great riders out there for sure, great jr mens division! Such a close decision between Billy and JB. Personally I am a huge fan of JB. (his writing AND his riding) You should have seen the surprise on BOTH of their faces (especially Billy) He did ride great though, both of them did.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-06-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
Jacob rode great!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff, we told the kids they have a couple of weeks to just "be kids" but what do they want to do their first day back? Hit the backwater! "Hello, Uncle Jeff? will you take us out in your new boat?" LOL!
Old    leslisa            10-07-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
Everyone was so nice at Worlds. An example, my 5 yo was playing finger skateboarding in the Right Guard van (on that 12 ft. moving finger skateboard ramp) and the rider from Japan came in on Sunday. He didn't speak any English, but my hubby said he started playing with my son and showing him some tricks. Everyone was super, super nice!!

My son's coach competed on Saturday and he was excited about that too.

For anyone who was there, I was working in the hospitality tent on Sunday. All in white, reloading drinks in the coolers until about 2:30.

Next year, I'm bringing a tent or something, it was extremely hot. Since I'm new to wakeboarding, please forgive what may be an obvious question/answer. Are the finals for Worlds always in Orlando?

Lisa
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2003, 8:22 AM Reply   
Congrats to team Valdez, and all the riders in the tournament.

Jr Boys Finals
1. Jacob Valdez (CA) - 73.59
2. Daniel Powers (FL) - 53.95
3. Harley Clifford (AUS) - 44.72
4. Gus Shuler (WI) - 40.00
5. B J Hoekstra (IL) - 36.68
6. Daniel Pate (NC) - 29.48
Jr Boys Finals

Jr Boys World Champion
Jacob Valdez
Jr  Boys World Champ

Cheers, Barry Vaught

More photographs coming soon
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/vanstc
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2003, 9:11 AM Reply   
Barry, it looks like you and I were right next to eachother in front of the podium!! Thanks soo much for these shots!!! (sniff, sniff)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
Doug and Cara Anderson (son Ryan took third in boys right under Reed Hansen and Robert Soven) were gracious enough to send me this pic of Jacobs first trick off of the dock. After the Nationals debacle it was decided that his run had to start off with a shifty so that he could adjust to the wake, sure glad that happened!!
jacob valdez
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
I thought you might like those photographs
: Þ
Prints will be available online soon, after I edit through 3 days, and 800-1000 photographs, or E-mail me ( VaughtEnterprise@aol.com ) .
BTW-What is your name and where were you during the awards?
Cheers, Barry
407-256-2240
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2003, 9:52 AM Reply   
My name is Robyn Valdez and I was towards the right side of the podium, I have a cannon rebel and I am blonde and was wearing jet pilot shorts with a white tank.(the one screaming, "alright Jacob!!" LOL! ;P back at ya
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-07-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
Lisa, Worlds has been in Orlando the last two years, but it was in California the two years before that, so they do move it around sometimes.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-07-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
Congrats to Jacob!! that's totally cool. It sounds like you had a great time.
Old    leslisa            10-07-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
Thanks David . I'm very new to the sport and I really feel out of the loop. Congratulations to everyone who competed. I'm sad we missed Thursday and Friday, I would liked to have watched all four days. I had to work.
Old     (jimmyjam)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-07-2003, 3:25 PM Reply   
Barry, I saw the girl above while riding the cable and promptly bit it hard on the camouflage kicker. She was pretty hot!
Old    jakeman            10-07-2003, 4:29 PM Reply   
Barry

sweet pics
did u have a good time?

What was the best part?
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-07-2003, 6:46 PM Reply   
Barry, once again...

Just checked out your website *for the 700th time ..LOL...found some more NEW pics that are so sweet! I can't wait till the next comp..someone is takin' a picture of me and YOU!