Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (FreeBird)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-12-2013, 8:45 PM Reply   
Upgrades Needed For A 2400 Watt Stereo

I just bought a 2004 Sky Supreme and am in bad need of a stereo upgrade (I have 3 stock speakers) but I want to make sure that I’m not going to ruin anything like alternators, amps or batteries if I don’t do it right. Here’s what I plan on putting in. Will I be fine with my batteries and stock alternator?

Speakers
4 ALPINE SPR-60C 6-½" 2-Way Component System RMS: 110 watts
1 Alpine SWR-12D4 Sub RMS Power Handling: 1000 Watts
2 Wet Sounds Rev 10 RMS 300 Watts

Amps
2 Alpine PDX-F6 600W RMS PDX Series 4-Channel PDXF6: RMS 600
1 Alpine PDX-M12 Class D Monoblock Car Power Amplifier PDXM12: RMS 1200

Deck
Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Batteries I currently have in the boat are new.
Start Battery: Optima Blue top 8016-103 D34M
Accessary Battery: Optima Blue Top 8052-161 D31M

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by FreeBird; 06-12-2013 at 8:47 PM. Reason: Thought of something else
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       06-12-2013, 8:47 PM Reply   
Depends on if you are wanting to anchor out and deplete the accessory battery and rely on the alternator to replenish it? Or are you going to put in a isolator switch and rely on shore charging?
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       06-12-2013, 9:26 PM Reply   
Will it work ok? Yes. Will it be the best it can be? Definately not. There are many variables to this question including how long you will want to be playing music, if your relying on your alternator to fully charge things and more. Tell us what your usage type will be and your budget for "doing it right".
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-12-2013, 9:36 PM Reply   
I would recommend adding something like the Exile Audio Zone Controller Preamp. This lets you independently control all 3 zones volumes as well as letting you bypass your deck and plug a media device directly into it...
Old     (FreeBird)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-12-2013, 11:11 PM Reply   
So I ride most of the time but I'm probably stop now and then for about an Hr at a time. But I do go on camping trips so the battery's will have to work for a couple days.

Yes I'm planning on adding an isolator switch and trickle chargers for storing once the I put the system in.

Is one D31 enough or do I need a battery bank?

Thanks