Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-28-2009, 5:19 PM Reply   
I just broke my 09 marius Platty the other day, and then just gota call from my buddy saying he broke his 08 marius plat!
which lead my freind to say "everyone who's owned platinum has broken a platinum"
is this true? So the question is. Is there anyone out there that rides a CWB platinum that hasnt broken it?

PS: Although i was bummed my board broke i was'nt worried as CWB's warranty is kick A$$ my new one is on its way! :-)
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-28-2009, 5:42 PM Reply   
I have not broken mine. It rarely sees the water though and when it does I ride like a vag so it has no reason to!
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-28-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
Between myself and the people I regularly ride with, we all have CWB Platinum boards (4 Mariuses, 1 Absolute, 1 Transcend). We haven't broken any in two seasons of riding.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-28-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
I have an 08 that I ride and it has held up pretty well.

And it is stronger than Danny W's leg too I guess.
Wish it would have been my board that broke instead of his leg .
Old    murrayair            08-28-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
I rode my 05 Absolute Plat quite hard for 3 years and now my friends ride it and it's still in fine shape.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-28-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
I have an older Absolute Platty and a new Marius Platty, neither of which have broken yet.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-28-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
START GOING BIGGER PEOPLE!!!! haha jk jk, good to see that they are still holding up!! hey roddyrod, how do you like the absolute in comparison to the marius, ive heard its slow and what not but has good pop...im currently riding the marius and have been thinkin about giving the absolute a shot..which do you like better?
Old     (littlehouse)      Join Date: May 2009       08-28-2009, 10:04 PM Reply   
I have the absolute, and it hasn't broken yet. Then again I suck so it isn't ever going to break.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-29-2009, 12:52 AM Reply   
Michael - after riding the Marius, you will not want to ride an Absolute! I rode the Absolute once this season just for the heck of it after being primarily on the Marius, and it felt so finicky and unpredictable. Much less stable since it is a pretty narrow board (and Marius is extremely wide), and yes it does pop pretty hard, but is much more inconsistent than the rocker line of the Marius. If you want to try a 3-stage, try the Transcend. I used to ride the foam core version and its a bit less aggressive than the Absolute but still poppy.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-29-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Cooo, yea i tried my buddy's transcend just on a small wake and i liked how it locked in on edge and the pop was nice, but i loove taking my marius into the flats, ill definitely be sticking with it =]
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-29-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
I have an '07 Marius Platinum which I ride all the time, and I have yet to brake it
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
Man, are you guys serious? I have a friend who I ride with all the time, and he never had a platty last more than a weekend. Everytime he came down from a glide or a trick into the flats, the entire boat just turned around and went "well, crap."

He went through 5 in a few months at one point before he switched back to normal boards.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-29-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
Broke my tail off when i rode cwb... now LF all the way... and broke my watson tail.... now looking for something awesome any ideas?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-29-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
I have a idea.
Don't land on your tail.

If you prefer landing tail heavy, buy a Slingshot or a board with flex in the tip and tail.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-29-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
I dont know of anyone that "prefers" to land tail heavy...I think sometimes it just happens...I definitely would have rather landed on the flat of my board, but i came down tail heavy...hence this thread ha..
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-29-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
CWB has no platinums in the 2010 lineup. Did the regular board get lighter, or did they just drop the platinum version? If the latter, why?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-29-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
They have a new alternative core board coming out. Different flex pattern and super light weight.

I've had 2 Platty's. Broke one, couldn't break the other if I tried. They're definitely not at strong as the foam boards. A big part of that is because they're lighter and stiffer. If you're a board breaker, then try a foam core board. If you land smooth, or have a wake to wake style, then you'll be fine with the platty and you'll get to enjoy the extra snap and light weight.

I love the platty boards. IMO it's worth the risk of breaking them.

That said.... My favorite board I've ever ridden is the 2010 Faction and it's a standard foam core. So, I guess, it's more the shape than the core that I like.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-29-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
And now with that new favorite shape of the faction you get it light in the DB9! im stoked to try the db9
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       08-29-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
2 marius and 1 transcent platnium broken by this guy
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-29-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
07 marius platty........but I think I would celebrate if I managed to break it!
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-29-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
I have owned a Platty for 6 years now, Transcend, Absolute, Marius and I weight about 250# and have never busted one yet. I ride about 15-20 times a year. Not sure how others are snaping them but it has not happend yet for me.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-30-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
In felt some-what accomplished when i snapped mine, not gunna lie..
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-30-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
I've broken a Marius Plat, 2 sets it was done for...
The only boards I haven't broken:
Ronix Ibex (only rode it for like 5 weeks)
Slingshot (3 years of riding them no breaks)
Old Byerly DNA cores (Loved these)
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-30-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
Rode a 07 marius platty for a year and never broke it. Bought a foam core in 08 and broke it half way through the summer.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-30-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
Broke an 09 Transcend Plat 2 weekend riding it. I now ride the regular core.
Old     (backflop)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-31-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
I have a question, I just got a heck of a deal on a new 09 transcend. I want to ride it without the extended fins, but when i took them out I noticed that that leaves the foam exposed in the holes. Would riding without the fins do any damage to the board?
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-31-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
Austin^ not at all, tons of my buddys ride the transcend without the fin extensions and they hold up just fine. you have nothing to worry about.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-31-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
Closed cell foam, should be fine. I ride mine without any extensions and have not had an issue with it. The board rides so good without the extensions, best way to sport the Transcend!

Rode platinums for 2 years and never broke one, I think it just comes down to the rider and the trick.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-31-2009, 9:50 PM Reply   
austin, i ride transcend, and i ride without fins, the board is perfectly fine!! No "water log" or anything. I love it without the fins.

Michael- You land nose heavy. lmao!
Old     (backflop)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-01-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
Awesome, thanks for all the quick responses. I'm so excited to ride it, too bad the water has been really rough lately.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2009, 6:43 AM Reply   
My '07 was stout as could be. Broke an '08 Marius and Transcend but so far so good on the '09!
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       09-01-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
Gosh I hate comin down nose heavy... Rarely cer ride away from it....ha ha Codi... You comin ridin with us at Clem today?
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-01-2009, 9:06 PM Reply   
dude my phone got shut of like majority of the day so i couldnt call you when you said you guys were headin out! I didnt get it turned back on til like 4 and i text you and didnt hear back from u so i said "f" it....whats clem? I never heard of that place! I think you meant folsom or rollins....
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       09-01-2009, 9:57 PM Reply   
...no need to be sneaky codi..the secrets out...actually i take that back...we were the ONLY boat on the lake from 2-6!! it was sooo dope! just a tad bit of W but it was good stuff...The wake was MACKIN i was bootin into the nosebleed section today!! yeeee what do you got goin on tomorrow?
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-02-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
still riding a 05 absolute plat. it started delaminating a bit, but a little 2 part epoxy fixed it right up been over a year since i patched it
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-09-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
I won't even mention how many times I told him to not buy this board. This is after 3 whole days of riding. Sucked.

Upload