Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (ducttape)      Join Date: May 2006       02-16-2007, 5:33 AM Reply   
I understand that Southern California Water Sports In Murrieta, CA. has gone out of business. Unfortunately, my '06 CWB Zeus bindings were in for warranty repair. I assume I am hosed out of a pair of bindings, any thoughts or advice?
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-16-2007, 5:55 AM Reply   
Josh also owns got river.com he's a great guy and will take care of you.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-16-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Josh is a standup guy--He will make it good!!!
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-16-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
That must be an awfully recent development. I ran into Josh at the L.A. Boat Show two weeks ago, and there was no mention of it. Also, the web site is still up.

http://www.southerncaliforniawatersports.com/
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-16-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
ducttape you will be taken care of, email the CWB rep. or just call gotriver and leave a message. simple as that.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-16-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
Going out of business is pretty harsh ducttape. When you're not sure of the circumstances, tone it down a bit on a public forum. Pretty soon people will be saying.."Did you hear about Josh...He shot some dude and stole his car. then the FBI shut his shop down and threw away all the Zeus boots that were there.." Furniture stores go out of business...Josh is not.

Send me an email and I'll take care of your boots.

As for Josh and his shop, they are taking a hiatus. Josh is selling Malibu's and spreading his love for the sport and those who do it more than ever. Closing the shop was merely a way to trim responsibitites to plan for bigger things happening soon.
He also is freeing up time for training as he promised he was going to ride in some events this Summer.
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-16-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Steve nailed it...give Josh a call at 951-970-2490 if you have any questions or need something wrapped up.

His email is info@gotriver.com

Mike
Old     (ducttape)      Join Date: May 2006       02-16-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
Thanks guys for all the info. I really appreciate it. That was the hope when posting and I hope no harm was done to anyone due to the post. That was not the intent, just to see if anyone knew what I could do to remedy the problem, and that seems to have worked. Thanks again.
Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-18-2007, 1:07 AM Reply   
I'm glad to hear that Josh is well. When I heard the shop was gone I was very bummed...I can't tell you how many times I've just hung out shooting the sh@* w/ josh at his shop. You can tell he has a passion for what he does and wants to spread that around...good luck Josh!!! And I'll be buying my next 'BU from you personally next year.
Old     (ducttape)      Join Date: May 2006       02-18-2007, 2:17 AM Reply   
I can't thank everyone enough for how supportive they have been! Josh has contacted me to make sure I am getting taken care of!! Thanks again for everyone's help.
Old    dabigkahuna            02-18-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
I agree, Josh is the Man! Even though I am in Hawaii, he has taken care of me like I was a local customer. Between CWB and Josh, I have experienced excellent warranty support with no games or B.S. He really is a stand-up guy who will honor his commitments, even if he doesn't turn a profit in the process. Good Luck Josh, I know you will be making positive vibes in the industry for a long time!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Josh is a stand up fella, no way he'll do you wrong. he's also the most diehard supporter of the grassroots scene. I'm sure his new venture will be incredibly successful and I wish him all the best. Go get 'em Josh!!

ducttape, did you really think they were going to steal your boots? Thats just silly talk.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-18-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
Josh is an extremely great asset to our sport. Always has been, always will be.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       02-19-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
I must be in crazy world!!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-19-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
So is Josh Full time over at Paradise?

Josh is a great guy. Always customer service oriented. Hopefully he will have more time to go out and ride now.
Jopsh if you are reading this--- You are going to Lake Powell this year with us. Late September. Mark it on your calander.

Good luck and I will stop by soon.
Erik
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-24-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
ducttape..Steve said it perfectly. Just e-mail or call gotriver.com. Josh is an awesome supporter of this sport and the words "hosed out" aren't even in his vocabulary. He is a man of integrity and will make it right for you.