Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    jonkdogg            05-24-2005, 7:12 PM Reply   
Does anyone have experience in adding weight to this boat? I have been using two fat sacks in the rear ski lockers and making sure I have passengers in the bow...anyone have suggestions on positioning of weight with this boat with good results?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
what model of boat is this Air Warrior is a package that was sold on all Centurions
Old    jonkdogg            05-24-2005, 8:22 PM Reply   
I can't quite remember, it is a v-drive boat 21'6" length, factory ballast tanks...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-24-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
Well if its a v-drive, I would say add about 350lbs on each side of the engine and maybe 500 in the bow, plust the stock ballast. That should give u a really clean wake.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
Must be the Elite V drive
Sounds right I might go with a little more in the back and less in the front but that
would be personal preference
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-25-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
I have a 2002 Elite V and only use center ballast. You have to be careful with adding too much weight in the back because of the spray pockets. Using just the center ballast has worked great for me and produces a great wake.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
The center ballast on that boat is 25 gallons = 200lbs. Not enough in my opion to make a good wake. I also have an 01 elite V and have about 550lbs on each side of the engine and another 5500lbs in bow. The wake is good with two riders in the boat. If more are in the boat i have another person sit in the bow. I find the weight is best about 60% rear 40% front. It seems to clean up really well at 25 - 26mph at about 75 ft.
Too much weight in the back and the wake gets really peaky, i like mine more of a ramp.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-28-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
I was right there with you until I got the the 5500lbs in the bow. Man Centurion builds a solid boat to cary that much weight int the bow

I am sure you must have ment 550lbs