Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-09-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
i'm thinking of getting a new board with alot of pop any idea on what board will give me the best pop off the wake?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-10-2003, 4:37 PM Reply   
In my opinion it is the Hyperlite boards such as the Byerly or Parks. A board with a three stage rocker has the most pop.
Old                08-10-2003, 6:53 PM Reply   
I would highly recommend a three stage rocker if you are looking for abrubt pop. I ride the Byerly and love it. I have also heard good things about the Gator Boards... but I have never ridden one.

I would narrow your choices down to two or three and then demo each of them.
Old                08-13-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
Byerly will take your air huge and into the flats!! Get ready for the buck!
Old                08-19-2003, 1:17 PM Reply   
substance
Old                08-20-2003, 7:24 PM Reply   
byerly has huge pop ive never ridden the parks but i hear the pop is about the same
Old                08-20-2003, 10:17 PM Reply   
The Byerly has a huge pop correct, but I found it quite a hard board to ride, it is not very forgiving and can throw you off balance quite easily if you aren't ready for it. Just giving what I found for myself. I changed to the TFD not as big a pop but a lot easier to ride and a lot more stable, i landed my first backroll on it yesterday so really pleased with it!!

(Message edited by saxosham on August 20, 2003)
Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-21-2003, 3:57 AM Reply   
Gareth, sorry, a bit of subject but where you at the Irish Open at Newferry last weekend, with Alex Fleck and co? Trying to work out if i'd met u before or not?
Old                08-21-2003, 10:32 PM Reply   
LOL! Alex Fleck he is one of my best pals, he was there with mark Gribben and CO. I wasnt actually there as I am in Canada for a Year but i would have been no doubt if i was at home. Where do you board at? Not sure if i know you or not.
Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2003, 2:46 AM Reply   
If your in Canada then we haven't met yet! Usually ride with Rob Skelly and Co at Drumaheglis. More or less started riding this summer after packing away the slalom ski for good ( I know , the shame!). I've been meaning to get out with Alex, Mark and co for ages now in the Response. Gareth P
Old                10-08-2003, 9:58 AM Reply   
The Byrley 04 is hot, it has tons of pop, a sick ride from start to finish. I suggest getting a slightly bigger model also cuz it sorta rides small. Im 175lbs and got the 142, its tight, plus it blows minds when poeple see it
Old                10-09-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
I used to ride a Byerly until it got stolen. It had a huge pop but I found it very unforgiving. I ride the Parks board a fair amound and am just learning to unleash its potential (difficult to pop on) but it is a good board.

How long have you been riding and what is your skill level. If you are not at inverts or spins yet, I recommend a continuous rocker board to get your consistancy down. Dont worry so much about the pop. Look at the pro's riding continuous rocker boards - look how hight they get. Just get good first and worry about the pop later.

If you get an advanced board before you are advanced then you are actually slowing your progress.
Old                07-17-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
shawn watson substabce it awsome
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-18-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   
I just picked up an obrien demented-lots of pop without trying too hard.
Old     (san_man)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-30-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
New Byerly- I had the 03 Byerly and that was unforgiving. I also had a 03 Belmont and found it hurt my knees. Hope this helps.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-02-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
absolute platinum
Old                08-13-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
i just bought the byerly 132 with byerly bindings and it is the most consistent and predictable board i've ever ridden. i rode the parks board a couple weeks ago and i had a real hard time with it. that board wants to be on edge all the time. it seemed to land different every time i jumped with it. in my opinion it is kind of unstable. but it is a great board for a hard pop off the wake and big air
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-17-2004, 3:57 AM Reply   
Absolute!
Old                08-17-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
i just got a joyride dome, its 03 but its got tons of pop, tracks well yet releases for surface tricks easy, yet to hit sliders but i hope to. check it out http://www.grizzly-sports.com/den/ the dome and kilo have the same specs and look at the price! ($150 new, they have blems but i couldn't find the one on my board)