Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
Gents,

I'm trying to put together my winter checklist of stuff to workout before boating season. I wonder if you might be able to help me with a few things:

1) How to prevent the rear ballast tanks from self-draining? Not sure why they do - the intake goes in at the top and the drain pipe comes outta the bottom but must be pumped upward to exit the side of the boat. Anyone have any ideas for how to prevent this self-draining of the rear ballast?

2) If I install a 400# v drive fat sac in the rear locker for surfing will the side wall (between motor and storage compartment) be OK? It seems kinka flimsy. I was thinking about rebuilding the partion using 3/4" plywood or somethin... necessary or not?

3) When surfing, I notice the swimstep messes up the wave a bit, any ideas for fixing this, other than sawing off the corner of the swimstep?

4) Greasing the wheel bearing of a "sport" trailer? The zirc is about 1" into the blue surface? Is that OK? Should I add grease? It seems to be a bearing-buddy type configuration but I don't see a spring pushing back on the zirc surface...

5) Any suggestions for a bimini - I have the proflight chubby (2 3/8") tower.

6) I need a tower rack for 2 surfboards, the Krypt Signature Series double looks OK. I've searched this forum thoroughly and cant find another dual surfboard rack. Does anyone know of any other options?

7) I need a new bezel for my radio/front ballast switch, the carbon fiber looking thing. Mine is broken in the corner. Anyone know how to connect with Sanger? Their website isn't much help.

8) Any ideas of options for speaker wire strain relief (elastomer sheath) from tower hole to speaker? And grommets for an existing hole that I dont need anymore? Also need a strain relief where the wiring exits the tower and enters the hull. Ideas?

Sorry for the long message and appreciate any thoughts/ideas/expertise in any of the above.

Happy New Year to everyone!

(Message edited by CamasSanger on January 08, 2010)
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-08-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
forget about the 400 pound sack remove hard tanks and install 750's the divider should be fine. also samson sports makes some nice racks
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-08-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
#1 - a leak?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
1. I don't know but maybe a check valve in between the ballast and the through hole.

2. Yes it will hold up I use to routinely put a 750 and 400lb sack on top with no problems. I flexes very well if it needs to as is.

3. I have a teak swim step so I have no problems here but you can fill in the bottom of your swim step to reduce drag also burying it more helps

4. I fill mine until the blue is sticking out about an 1/2"

5. Towerbiminis.com

6. Krypt supposedly is the only one that has the double rack set up. Endless waves makes a killer one that goes on top of the tower. Or you could do the monster tower bimini with a cargo rack

7. http://www.sangersportswear.com/ go here and using contact us you should get a response I have. Even on stuff thats not on their website.

8. Home depot
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Andy - No leak detected. that's what i thought too. No water in bilge area that would indicate a leak...

Hate - good stuff, thanks. 750 +400, seriously. does that fill up the whole compartment? also, i have the teak step too. the tip drags in the wave and messes up the peak a bit. maybe if i have more weight it will fix it...

Harold - great idea. how hard is removing the hard tank?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Yeah I know run 450 lead and 750 water which is easier. Yes it did fill up the whole compartment. Yeah if you have the teak just bury it more.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-08-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
hard tank comes out with a couple screws un plug the hoses then attach to the new sack only takes about an hour plug and play the 750 will fill the locker when full but when empty you will have more storage room
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-08-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
I too have a v215 and my hardtanks drain on their own as well. The tank definitely isn't leaking, but we don't know why it drains either.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-08-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
400's shouldn't be a problem. The wall isn't very strong but it has held in place fine with out 750's. I installed ball valves to keep the sacks from draining. Yes it makes it a bit of a pain to spin the valve each time to fill/drain but we usually leave one side full for a few riders and then switch so I won't be climbing into the storage areas too often. Ours only drains when the bags are really full so wakeboarding shouldn't be an issue.

We have a DIY surfrack that holds two boards (one thick and one thin).Upload
Upload
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
Harold - I assume you have the standard 750# fat sac which measures 50x20x20: http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-sac.html

How bout this one; if I took out the hard tank?
This one is 1100# and measures 50x24x24 (not much bigger, but a lot heavier):http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-jumbo-surf-sac.html
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Patrick - Any chance you could put a pic showing your bimini a bit better. Looks like we may have the same boat. Also, which sac is that that you have?

My project list is growing here guys LOL - very cool ideas! I really appreciate it!

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-08-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
yeah i saw those after i bought the 750;s wife says maybee next year as i have all ready dropped around five grand in parts and have not had time to install any of them wish i would have seen those first
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
The best sacs are always custom made. They aren't too much more than the standard 750's. That way your space is used perfectly.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
Duff, where do you get custom sacs?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
I use www.maxwake.com email bobby smith and he can set it up. You can pick drain and fill holes locations and amounts. He also has a huge huge list of factory seconds, refurbs, strange sized sacs that he sells at low prices. Some of the strange sizes are perfect fits for my old boat. Also wakeoutlaws can set you up with custom sacs.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-08-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
I have a better pic with the bimini tilted forward on my other computer...but this will give you some idea of what the bimini is like. I like it because it provides good shade and is low enough for my tower speakers (not pictured) but I couldn't get a tower mirror to work with it :-(Upload
Upload
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
Great looking boat! I love the colors.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Just realized you have a V230. Mine looks identical but is a V215. Great lookin boat ;-)
Where did you get the bimini, thats exactly what Im lookin for - it looks awesome!

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
No I actually have a Centurion, I just posted a link to a nice v230 for sale in my area. I thought it was a great deal that someone on wakeworld should snag up.

(Message edited by duffymahoney on January 08, 2010)
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-08-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
The bimini came with the boat when we bought it from the dealership (which is now gone). Next time I am around the boat I will try to see who made it. All I know is it's Sunbrella material...
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-08-2010, 11:50 PM Reply   
That is the factory bimini on Patrick's. My profile picture has the identical one on my 2006. It's low so you get good shade and it doesn't move in the wind. I'd like it a bit bigger and if it was wider the rain would roll of it outside of the gunnals instead of inside the boat. That said, I'm still happy with it.
You could order one from Sanger, I'm sure.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-09-2010, 6:27 AM Reply   
you can also get a bimini from overtons or since you are local you could have bentleys do one for you they are in millwaukie and do great work
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-15-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
Thanks guys...

I see that Bentleys is in the show listing for the Portland Boat Show, will definitely visit their booth.

Appreciate the responses here guys, great ideas!!