Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-23-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
I might be moving to cupertino, california next year and i was just checking in to see if there was a solid wake scene there. anybody from that area? let me know if there are any lakes, rivers, etc. also, how big is the community for riders?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-23-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Hey Adam, my good buddy works for Apple and just moved from Cupertino to SF. If you can, live in the city and take Appple's shuttles to work, the city is a lot more fun than Cupertino.

The wake scene is awesome in northern CA!! You are an hour from the Delta and there are some lakes that get very crowded on the weekends. Basically you need to meet a crew and plan to ride the Delta, it is the west coast mecca of wake. Also, there is a new shop in San Jose, Liquid Playground. It is a Wakeworlder making it happen. http://www.theliquidplayground.com/
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       09-23-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Adam, what is up? I live in San Jose and boat is up at Delta, this has got to be the mecca of water sports! Hit me up, where else can you wakeboard and snowboard in the same weekend.
Old     (dellagucci)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-23-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
yo i live in cupertino..stay away it sucks over here. its like living in asia. but i got a boat and board alot on the delta. so you should have no problem getting a crew.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-24-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
right on, thanks for the replies y'all. stephan who is your buddy that works for apple? i am the LSU apple campus rep and i will be graduating in 2010... hopefully i get a job at headquarters in cupertino. that's why i wanted to know about the wake scene up there. so it's a possibly career path...

and the delta is about an hour drive from cupertino?
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       09-24-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
Adam, its about 1 15 to delta from San Jose. It really doesnt take to long

Liquid Playground does hook it up, I would not go anywhere else Austin is great...Its all about customer service!!

(Message edited by black_ops_09 on September 24, 2009)
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-24-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
Yeah, your about 30 minutes from lake Anderson, an hour from the Delta and 3 hours from a lot of lakes in the central valley.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-25-2009, 5:54 AM Reply   
thanks for all the responses guys... this sport really does welcome the camaraderie anywhere you take it. right on, thanks bros