Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-01-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Need some help. I am leavin for vegas next month. I am takin two boards and need to get a travel bag. I was thinkin i could fit the bindings in our checked suitcases. Is there any bags i could fit in my boards, rope, handle and possible wrap my vest around the boards.

Also any one in the vegas area April 4th thru the 11th goin out that is lookin t fill a boat give me a shout. I am rentin a boat from Las vegas boat harbor with some friends for one day but would like to get out more if possible.
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-01-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
any bag from any manufacturer that says it fits two boards. I've fit 3 boards in one of those 2 board roller bags. You should be fine.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-01-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
what about those ''golf'' bags? you don't have to pay extra $
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-01-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
I just usually ship them UPS.... its like $10 for a board w/o bindings and you know it gets there, safely.... most board shops will let you ship it to them or if you're there for a month I assume you know someone....

Then it is way easier to just fit boots, rope etc etc etc in a suitcase
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-01-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Put your bindings in a different suitcase. Without those you could easily fit everything else in a boardbag. Take your vest and wetsuit and wrap them around the corners of the board to prevent them from getting chipped up during airport handling. Tell them it's "waterski equipment" and it's usually a $15 dollar charge. Beats paying $80 for a "wakeboard". Worked on 2 airlines for me.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
x2 on UPS'n them. i just sent two boards to fort myers from MN and it only cost me $30. put the rest of my gear in a suite case.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-02-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
Try to get the Ronix golf bag. But whatever you do try to tell them its golf clubs. Otherwise they will charge you much much more. If you have a place to ship to like nick said thats your best bet
Old     (jessemitchell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-02-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
I just wrapped towels around my board and duct taped the towels one time, then just had my bindings in my suitcase. No dents or anything
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
slingshot makes a nice travel case with "golf" written all over it

http://www.slingshotsports.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2851/.f?sc=46&category=12420
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-02-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
Make sure you pad your boards well. I work for an airline and while I take extra care with wake, surf and snowboards. I can't say the same for the majority of the airline workers. Your board bag WILL get thrown at some point on your travels.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-05-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
Whenever confusion comes into an airline employees eyes I tell them politely it's a snowboard. So far no extra fee's in a few trips.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-05-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
Jeff, what airlines do you use?
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-05-2009, 9:26 PM Reply   
I've flown with mine countless times on Southwest. Last time I flew wakeboards were not charged extra for. However you do have to sign something saying they are not responsible if its broken. I also flew with mine on United to Hawaii. He asked what it was and I told him a snowboard. He looked at me funny, I gave him ten bucks and he threw it on the belt.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-06-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
Usually I'm flying with Northwest, United, Alaskan, or Air Canada. Most of my team travels with WestJet.