Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-04-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A3e...yer_embedded#!

As soon as he starts landing 9's and 1020's... But hey, he's got a mean fashion air
Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-04-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
Oh great another fricken Wally on the lake...j/k

Awesome video thanks for sharing. This guy is one of my favorite UFC (WEC) fighters out there. It would be a trip to see him on the wake circuit
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-04-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
Jesus put a little flavor in your riding for craps sake...
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-04-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
can I get another heelside back roll.....
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-04-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
Wow, look at the friggin WW haters. The guy has been riding for 1 darn season and is doing 5's, give him a break. He's already got more tricks then probably %90 of the wakeboarders out there behind a boat. Plus he could kick any of your asses.

Maybe people are just jealous cause he gets to hang with the pro's, and put 400 hrs on a new boat in one summer while you guys are working at Taco Bell? I thought it was a good interview and he seemed to just love the sport and has already bought 3 boats supporting the industry..... couldn't find much to hate there, plus he is an awsome fighter to watch.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-04-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
^ What Levi said, you guys are ridiculous.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-04-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
wakeboarding needs more meatheads.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-04-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
hahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha
Old     (scbrips)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-04-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
"Plus he could kick any of your asses."

For sure, man. And I mean, that's what you really want in a pro wakeboarder. When I think of the greats like Byerly, Shapiro, Bonifay, etc; it's their ass-kicking ability that most impresses me.

And it WAS a great interview. Did you see the t*ts on that chick?

Anyway... He's already got the tats and bro-speak going on. He'll be hitting those 1020s in no time. Maybe even to blind.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-04-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hey Tracy Lee! That's my girl!
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-04-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
Seems cool the dudes into wakeboarding.. She is the one who mentioned being. Pro wakeboarded.... He just said it'd be awesome...
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-04-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
Yeah the 1020's are really the standard for good riding these days.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-04-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
Wasn't Rusty M. a MMA fighter also?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-04-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
I would really like to see more 1020's 1080's are so passé. That extra 60 degrees is just showboating.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-04-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
looks like a pussy to me, wish I could put 400 hrs on my boat!
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       10-04-2012, 5:29 PM Reply   
I don't know who that dude is but..... that chick has a great rack.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-04-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
I think he said 900 10-20 as in he'd have to stick 10-20 9s... Maybe not, oh well
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       10-04-2012, 6:49 PM Reply   
I think her rack was all I watched of that movie. Seems like a cool dude to me tho
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-05-2012, 2:29 AM Reply   
"Backroll, scarecrow, backroll, scarecrow, backroll, scarecrow, backroll, scarecrow"..."Oh ****, there's another boat passing, better do a backroll, scarecrow, backroll, scarecrow"..."hey cameraman, I don't think I dropped Rusty or Chads name enough. Can you get a shot of my phone screen while talk to Rusty on speaker?"... "backroll, scarecrow, sketchy fashion air, buttchecked toeside 5".... First they ruin FuelTv, and now this????
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-05-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
^ I expect you can do a grabbed toeside 5?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-05-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
I like Cerrone as a fighter.....And no I cant even do a backroll, But mix it up a bit....how about a grabbed 180...or even just a poked out grab.
Everybody has there own style just go ahead and show it...or at least some of it!!!
Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-05-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
Jesus Christ bananas. You all need to fricken chill out. You dont own this sport, let the guy have some fun. You all sound like whinny ass bitches. I'd like to see Cerrone get on here and put you all on blast. He's just having some fun, and he's a bit famous, and you all sound pretty jealous. Not to put a damper on this post, which I think is awesome.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-05-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
I gotta ask, do you guys think HE personally edited the interview and made the video or do you think the TV folks did, and they figured adding in as many flips as possible would be most impressive to Non-wake folks? Do think the TV editors are more "impressed" by a melon grab 180 or a Scarecrow? You hardcore WW's are just hilarious. But I'm sure you guys are promoting the sport much more then he is, with a more positive attitude and are all better riders with more style who didn't stop at 5's and learned 7's your first year of riding.....

Also he was a bit star struck that guys like Rusty reached out to him (an he is more famous then those guys). And he envies the wake lifestyle and what those guys do for a living. I can see a ton of reasons to fault the guy.

Last edited by 501s; 10-05-2012 at 9:51 AM.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-05-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
I just wanna go on the record as saying his backrolls looked pretty solid, I like the laid out super float style. Crow - I can't crow, looked good. As long as he knows to not powerturn :-)
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-05-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
True editing could be part of it....
Cerrone is a talented athlete..he also used to ride bulls.
But I bet if Rusty made a video of him cagefighting throwing left hook,right leg kick time and time again with a superman punch thrown in UFC fans would react the same way.

Again.....I like Cerrone not knocking him.....and I know he fights with a lot of different angles and moves. Would have been cool to see his "style" on the H2O....
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
I would blame whoever edited the video for showing the same tricks over and over rather than the rider. How many people go out riding and never throw the same trick twice in one day?

I'm definitely jealous though. He's probably been able to ride more in one year than I have in my whole life.

He obviously has a genuine love for wakeboarding, and I like the fact that he doesn't want to give it up for the UFC.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-05-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
" I'd like to see Cerrone get on here and put you all on blast."
hey Bitch, don't get your panties in a bunch! We all just want to put 400 hours on our boats every year!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-05-2012, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
^ I expect you can do a grabbed toeside 5?
Your right, that's not a trick I do. I can do grabbed toe 3's though, but I feel u missed my point. I guess I'm not ripping on the rider per say. It's more about the way it was presented. U can totally tell it wasn't done by a wakeboarder. It felt like a motocross/mma/affliction/"I'm cooler than you" video. Im sure after he's been around the sport for a while longer he will look back at this video and feel the same way. I would've rather watched him crash trying different tricks than see that backroll and crow over and over. I just don't like the way it was presented I guess.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-05-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
I didn't watch the video. I just came here to reiterate how pathetic you guys are. 90% of you will never be as good at wakeboarding as Donald is. And even if you were better than him, bashing his style would still make you look like a tremendous tool.

This man is a multi-millionaire UFC fighter who has travelled around the world and achieved more success in his life than 5 successive generations of your entire family ever will. He works his ass off every day and puts himself through physical and mental pain that you couldn't possibly understand. As a result, killing you with his bare hands would be a freaking joke to him if he weren't a shining example of character and class. You will never be one tenth the man that Donald Cerrone is and no one will ever know your name.

And still you whine smugly from behind your computer screens. Who gives a flying **** about whether or not Donald Cerrone has good style? It's the same situation as James Stewart and his Natuique. He's earned the privilege of enjoying this sport to the fullest, and that's exactly what he's doing. He has nothing to prove to any of you and his ****ty style doesn't hurt wakeboarding at all. No one looks to Donald Cerrone as the standard-bearer for our sport. You should thank him for even giving a **** about wakeboarding.

Last edited by TheHebrewHammer; 10-05-2012 at 3:33 PM.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-05-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
whoa, that was ridiculous. Rant over
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-05-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
Yikes^^^^ u ok up there?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-05-2012, 4:40 PM Reply   
HewbrewHammer, thanks for the thought out post, but starting it with "I didn't watch the video" makes me immediately want to skip the rest of your post. And I wish I had, because by insulting my family, who you know about as well as I know you, really doesn't help your cause. It doesn't seem to have occurred to anyone that 99% of us pathetic wakeboarders might just be kidding or poking fun at the editing style of the video instead of genuinely ripping into this guy. But I guess everyone is serious and tough on the internet because type doesn't convey tone. I didn't watch this thinking it would be a video displaying pro level riding, and I don't think anyone else did. I think Pete Roses are ugly.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-05-2012, 6:52 PM Reply   
more panties in a bunch, anyone else want to suck up to this guy? I don't even know him or care to know him and am definitely not going to thank him.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       10-05-2012, 7:03 PM Reply   
How bout that rack tho?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-05-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
I highly doubt Cerrone is a multi millionare....if even a millionare.
Remember he came from WEC.....again I am a fan of his...and yes its a pretty nice rack!!!!!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-05-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
Haha, this man has his eye on the prize. And sorry about you family, mate. I just felt like coming up with the angriest possible rant.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-06-2012, 6:07 AM Reply   
Hammer, that was sounding pretty dangerously close to a Chuck Norris rant there, careful dude.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-06-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
And in the video he says he has a new Malibu on order....He can't be that serious about the sport if he's not getting a G23!!!!!!!!

Sorry had to go there!!!!
Have a good weekend mates.....
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-06-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprior View Post
Hammer, that was sounding pretty dangerously close to a Chuck Norris rant there, careful dude.
Help me out with this reference please! Link so I can laugh!
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-08-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
If he lives and trains in Albuquerque I find it very impressive that he put 400 hours in one year on his boat when the closest lake is over 2 hours away.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-08-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
Thread Rating: A+

ultimate fighting
style police
pissed off posts
brown nosers
video link
1020s
boobs

this thread has a lot going for it! keep up the good work!!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-09-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
Here you go guys

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/
http://tracylee.org/pictures/

Cool chick, met her a few times.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       10-09-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
i wanna see donnie cerrone fight that 9 year old sam brown shredder. that'll settle who's the better wakeboarder.

winner gets to fight dallas friday.

not has to, gets to
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-09-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
Sam brown via strikes
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-09-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
Fight Dallas or wrestle Dallas? Big difference