Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
Hot wired, Sanded Down. Thinking about the rail shape, and about ready to lay-up. Guessing on the density of the foam? 2oz. Enjoy!
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
Sorry the pics didn't upload.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-17-2009, 3:12 PM Reply   
does your landlord know about the shaping room?
Old    surfdad            09-17-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Interesting shape - twin tip? I also noticed enough foam for about 8 boards in the background of that first picture. Love it!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-17-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
Has anybody had a go at producing a board out of plywood with wakeskate construction?
Old    surfdad            09-17-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
We had some left over pressure treated ply, that I cut into a "shape" and left sitting out to make the rocker. Not really making the plywood, but still :-) Drilled some holes for the fins.

Worked fine.

Upload
Upload

Ed did something too :-)

Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            09-17-2009, 5:07 PM Reply   
Yeah - Skim That! :-)
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
@brewkettle- If so they have not said anything yet, but it was defiantly the reason behind getting a two bedroom apt., Not to mention the Lake Side View!

Jeff, Yeah it's twin. Pretty much just building and learning as I go, you probably don't know about that!?!?!. My first couple have been interesting rides. This one is a bit shorter. Hopefully it will be a little more maneuverable. And you just can't have enough foam can you? Love the skim pics!! hahahahahaa HATER!!! Jon T
Old    surfdad            09-17-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
I likle that! I didn't screw all those boards up they were LEARNING EXPERIENCES! Agreed about the foam, if there is space in the shop, it means I am low on foam! :-) Heater? Hat - er like a hat maker/wearer? :-)

Keep us posted on the build, I'm interested in how this one rides
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-17-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Love it, shaping in an apartment. Some one has to keep up with Peter.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-19-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
Yep yep even in small apartments you can create miracles. ... Till your neighbor will kill you for all that noise and dust
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-19-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
I remember some dudes built real airplanes in their apartments

(Message edited by hawaj on September 19, 2009)