Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-09-2003, 8:23 AM Reply   
I know that somebody out there has done this. I want to replace my 99 X-stars letters on the side and back of the boat with the new style bubble look of the newer boats. Does anybody know what size and font all of these letters are? As far as I know to get them from the dealer would be like $300 bucks for the back and Mastercraft on the sides of the boat. If I new the size and font I could have then done in town for under $50.

Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2003, 10:00 AM Reply   
Badzuki,

Where did you get that price quote? I replaced all the stickers on the transom for around $30-$35 for factory stickers direct from the dealership.

"Wakeboard Edition", "MasterCraft", and "Towboat of the X-Games" all came one one sheet for that price.

I am not quite sure of the decals on the side you are taking about, but if its the X-Star graphics then I'm sure those are going to cost quite a bit more.

If you get a nice straight pic that's squared up, you could photoshop the letters out and take it to a signmaker to have it cut out custom, but I think you would end up paying about the same and be out the photoshop time.

For what its worth, I will not be replacing these stickers a second time, they get all torn up with putting on boards and surfing and such. I am going to cover the back with Gator-Grip or Hydro-Turf, just not sure which one yet.

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
I was wondering the same thing.

I had a friend of mine, (Graphic Artist) take a look, and he believes that MC had this done custom. It would not suprise me if is is 100% custom, so what we did was Scan the Logo, and take it to a print shop. Just make sure you scan the largest logo you have, and at the highest DPI.
I am doing this for a project I am working on, and need a 16"x3" MasterCraft sign similar to you, in multiple colors of vinyl.

KG
Old     (elmog)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-09-2003, 11:25 AM Reply   
You will not get the 'bubble look' (drip molded) style of the newer boats made in town for $50. Materials and time are expensive on those. Each letter has to have the urathane driped-on by hand.

Last time I replaced decals was on an older ProStar and the rear was $8.96 and the sides were $21.14 from the dealer. These were simple white decals with a small black outline printed on them from the factory.

A sign shop can't even really make them that inexpensively.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            06-09-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
The logo is custom, there is no Mastercraft font as far as I know and I did a dealers MC website and I had to recreate the logo in Photoshop.

MC has the stickers but they are gonna be pricey!
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-09-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
Chaun - I will have to check with another dealer but I know that is what they quoted me for them. I did get the quote for the newer style. Not the older just plain white letter.
There was a website on here a couple of weeks ago that specialized in this.(I think they called them bubble and where like the drip molded) I can't remember what the url was. I have it at home. They had the raised type lettering like the font on the new mastercrafts.
Last resort I am sure that the sign shop could come up with something close. Goto 1001fonts.com.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
Sorry badzuki, I misunderstood your post. The $35 I paid was for the original style plain white vinyl stickers, not the bubble style.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
Sorry badzuki, I misunderstood your post. The $35 I paid was for the original style plain white vinyl stickers, not the bubble style.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
it's about 150 a piece for the decals on the side on an 02 x star
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-09-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
Chaun - Looks like you were right for the old white ones. They are cheap.

I still find it hard to beleive that somebody hasn't found a cheap alternative.

Anybody find anything on signsandprints.com their dome letters look just like the drip MC letters