Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-19-2009, 10:23 PM Reply   
Anybody know the dates yet or is it still undecided? I know its few months away and all but I was just curious
Old     (mcclure_kevo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-19-2009, 11:11 PM Reply   
dra usual starts couple weeks after spring ride
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-19-2009, 11:34 PM Reply   
true that hey kevin think i can ride with ya to springride and throw down on some gas money lol bass lake is gunna cost me a pretty penny to get my truck there lol hijack over
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-19-2009, 11:44 PM Reply   
I heard the INT schedule should be out by feb 1st, not sure about DRA yet.
The 1st weekend of May we are having our annual Spanky Beavers Rail Jam in Sacramento, so thats the start, then we do Spring Ride the next weekend and I think the 3rd weekend will be another comp. I can't wait for May, gonna be a great month
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-19-2009, 11:54 PM Reply   
i agree with brodie may will most defiantely be awesome hey brodie do u guys need help with the build for spanky beaver rails
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-20-2009, 12:14 AM Reply   
Always like more people helping out, your more than welcome to come friday and help with the set up Kyle.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2009, 5:32 AM Reply   
I've heard rumor that DRA & NorCal WWA may not be happening this year, which sucks if true. Gary, Peter?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-20-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
I don't compete but have been kicking it around for the past season or two. I heard a rumor that if you throw tricks that bump you into another class you get docked 50% of your points.

Example: A guy has a mobe or two in his bag but really belongs in expert based on his riding. He would get bumped from expert to outlaw for landing it, yet docked 50% points for the bump up.

Is this true? If so what's the rational behind it?
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-20-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
The tentative schedule for Northern California INT is:
May 23-Registration and practice only
May 24-Event 1
June 13 & 14-Event 2 & 3
August 1 & 2-Event 4 & 5
August 29 & 30-Event 6 & 7

We have not secured lake or sponsor contracts yet, so these dates may change. We will let you know lake locations at that time. Visit www.intleague.com/northerncalifornia for details to follow.
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-20-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
Matt-hahahhahahhahahahha
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-20-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
As for WWA, we have no plans at this time to hold WWA events this year
Lack of sponsorship and an already overloaded schedule make it impossible for us to run the events this year. If anybody would like to step up to the plate and take over, we will give all of the help that we possibly can.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       01-21-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
Well Randy unfortunately the rumors are looking to be true. With the industry cutting back to try and stay afloat the necessary sponsorship dollars are not there to have a season of events. We are still trying to see if we can pull off one large event but as of now there is no date.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-21-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
Thats a bummer Gary. I know how much work you guys put into these events and how much everyone enjoys them. The industry is definitely on the ropes right now. Hopefully you guys can atleast get 1 event together. Well hope to see you guys out on the water.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2009, 4:44 PM Reply   
Gary, that's a bummer to hear about. Hit me up when it gets warm again!
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-21-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
Matt you should put a picture of your boat up on the "how low can you go" thread...its a contender for sure lmao