Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2004, 9:39 PM Reply   
can anyone tell me how to go about trying a batwing because i dont think im seting up wright and im trying it off a double up i duno if that makes a difference but some one help me out. thanks
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-19-2004, 12:32 AM Reply   
i will type what wake physic says tomorow
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-20-2004, 11:25 PM Reply   
it says: to learn the hoochie glide first, the hoochie glide is easier and will help prepare you for the batwing.
"Edge outside the wake 25 to 30 feet, turn slowly, keep the line tight and cut into the wake with a medium to hard edge. At the base of the wake, start to rise, easing up off your edge and let the tension from your back arm pull you up and into the trick. Remember, because you're edging toeside, there will be a lot of tension on your back arm. As soon as you leave teh wake, immediately reach down and grab the board (indy). Just like on the Hoockie Glide, if you wait too late to grab the board and go into the Raley position, you won't have the strenght to pull the board in so that you can grab it. Once you grab the board, relax and let the boat stretch you out into the Batwing position. On the landing, pull the board and handle together. This should bring the tip of the board up and back level with the water for a successful landing." Wake Physics

Hope this helps.
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-22-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
i was thinking a hs batwing would be easier i might have this trick confused but this is what im thinking of trying. ok i ride goofy right foot forward. i want to come in hs and do like a half of an esbend but grab it indy so the nose of my board will point strait at the water and i will be hanging on with my right hand. so its realy like i do a raily but my board turns 90 deegrees and i grab indy. so if u could tell me what that is and how to do it that would be sweet thanks
Old                08-23-2004, 4:28 PM Reply   
i think a batwing is described above by matt where you pretty much do a ts raley and grab indy. i think you want to do an indy glide. they're look about the same when inverted. correct if i'm wrong but is this the difference between an indy glide and a batwing because i've been wondering about that. o yea sorry but i dont' know how to do it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-23-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
justin, that would be an indy glide.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-23-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
indy glide is HS, batwing is TS
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-25-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
ok thanks this whole time i was thinking it was a hs batwing could anyone tell me some tips on how to try it. thanks
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-25-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
it looks like eather one of these but if u were to do it hs and riding goofy


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:16 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us