Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Doomey1)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-30-2015, 4:17 PM Reply   
Anybody know why nautique has been pushing out so many MC faithfuls?
Quality is clearly on MC's side but I hear more and more people jumping over to nautique
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-30-2015, 4:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomey1 View Post
Quality is clearly on MC's side
uhh.. yeah.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-30-2015, 8:23 PM Reply   
This has to be a joke. Nautique's are the best built boats in their class and it's been that way for a long time.They are the gold standard.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-31-2015, 5:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakarocks View Post
This has to be a joke. Nautique's are the best built boats in their class and it's been that way for a long time.They are the gold standard.
MC's quality is no joke.. they're damn fine boats.. but to say that anyone has a clear advantage in quality over Nauti is most definitely a joke.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       08-31-2015, 5:46 AM Reply   
Better wakes instead of more bling.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-31-2015, 7:14 AM Reply   
Agreed. Doesn't compute at all.
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-31-2015, 7:35 AM Reply   
MC-CC comps are so close....you basically get down to personal taste/Needs/wants
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       08-31-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
I'd say they are both on par these days.

Quality on either has always been top notch.
Old     (Doomey1)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-31-2015, 9:21 AM Reply   
I'm saying materials used on a MC is a little better but curiosity is the point I'm getting at. For me, MC marketing has been what's bummed me out. So much filler and not really any substance. I'm not on the wake surf bandwagon yet so all of that is filler to me.
Old     (Doomey1)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-31-2015, 9:23 AM Reply   
As far bling goes I would have to say that CC is the louder of the boats style wise. Gaudy graphics and interiors compared to the more industrial MC. That's all in the eye of the beholder too. Both great boats but clearly different markets
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2015, 9:24 AM Reply   
What kind of materials are you talk about?
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       08-31-2015, 10:17 AM Reply   
next level trolling going on here
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-31-2015, 10:43 AM Reply   
Yes please delete this nonsense
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-31-2015, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
next level trolling going on here
^^ Heehee
Old     (MarkMason)      Join Date: Feb 2014       08-31-2015, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm saying materials used on a MC is a little better but curiosity is the point I'm getting at. For me, MC marketing has been what's bummed me out. So much filler and not really any substance. I'm not on the wake surf bandwagon yet so all of that is filler to me.
I am curious to what you mean by "filler and not really any substance"? I feel like Nautique doesn't put out half as much marketing materials as MasterCraft does, and when they do, it is not half as good as what MC is putting out there. Let's not forget the genius behind #gamechanger

Last edited by MarkMason; 08-31-2015 at 1:23 PM.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-31-2015, 1:36 PM Reply   
^^^^^ Nautique boats speak for themselves.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-31-2015, 1:59 PM Reply   
Honestly I couldn't care less about the quality of marketing materials.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2015, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMason View Post
I am curious to what you mean by "filler and not really any substance"? I feel like Nautique doesn't put out half as much marketing materials as MasterCraft does, and when they do, it is not half as good as what MC is putting out there. Let's not forget the genius behind #gamechanger
Probably the same genius behind 50k all day and the absolute biggest bust of an overhyped wakeboat launch ever to hit the scene of all time......The 2012 Xstar. They had videos galore of pro's jocking the wake only to learn it was an epic fail and needed a redesign before it even launched. Those videos disappeared quick. Whoops.

No doubt MC has some of the best marketing videos to date with Rusty killing it. Their rewind videos used to be awesome. The race to overhype and turn these launches into epic events over the past few years has left a trail of dust as have their price tags.

Nautique and MC have very two distinct marketing avenues. MC has the "in your face style" of wow factor selling a lifestyle. Their billet, styling, and gadgetry are all about turning heads. Nautique goes with the boats, quality and legacy mantra. Their boats are more of a function design first. Two different approaches appeal to different people. There is just no arguing the G is the wakeboat icon of the market these days. Just like the 04-11 Xstar was. If you're looking for the best wakeboat on the market today it's the G. End of story.
Old     (Doomey1)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-31-2015, 6:50 PM Reply   
I know how testy you forum guys are just,seeing if anybody else out there noticed this. And as far as filler goes..... Godfrey Clan. They're entertaining but they don't make me want to buy a boat. You know what I mean?
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-31-2015, 8:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
I know how testy you forum guys are just,seeing if anybody else out there noticed this. And as far as filler goes..... Godfrey Clan. They're entertaining but they don't make me want to buy a boat. You know what I mean?
^^ I hear you there...
..but , like Car commercials,... they're not selling you what you are going to "DO" with it...there selling you how you are going to "FEEL" driving it...

they are NOT selling $100,000 boats to douchebags on WW that whine about....everything

Last edited by lashburn1; 08-31-2015 at 8:16 PM. Reason: typos
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2015, 9:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
^^ I hear you there...
..but , like Car commercials,... they're not selling you what you are going to "DO" with it...there selling you how you are going to "FEEL" driving it...

they are NOT selling $100,000 boats to douchebags on WW that whine about....everything

Care to elaborate on who they are selling boats to then?

Let me pull out the popcorn because this is about to get good
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-31-2015, 9:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post

Their target is those who have Lon-like personalities.
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-01-2015, 5:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post

^^^ Swat.... I'll let you answer who you think MC are marketing thier Boats to.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       09-01-2015, 6:22 AM Reply   
ahhhh dont get sucked in by the troll!!!!

s%&#, too late
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       09-01-2015, 9:16 AM Reply   
to me MC is making boats for the 45-60 yr old dads that love their muscle cars and want something that has a similar type look on the water, Lots of billet, popped out gauge clusters, and rear hips like a muscle car. Its generally the ones who can afford to buy them for their kids. So if you are a muscle car fan that wants a boat that workks for your kids watersports and isnt a baja or scarrab then MC is the boat your looking for.
Old     (99ProAir)      Join Date: May 2015       09-01-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by all2matt View Post
to me MC is making boats for the 45-60 yr old dads that love their muscle cars and want something that has a similar type look on the water, Lots of billet, popped out gauge clusters, and rear hips like a muscle car. Its generally the ones who can afford to buy them for their kids. So if you are a muscle car fan that wants a boat that workks for your kids watersports and isnt a baja or scarrab then MC is the boat your looking for.
I like whatever boat will get me a crew of bikini-clad hotties.
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-01-2015, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by all2matt View Post
Well...I drive a Jetta diesel...other than that the above is true.

And the Jetta allows me to fuel the X30
Old    Paxdad            09-01-2015, 11:36 AM Reply   
There are Republicans and Democrats and the residual just fall into some other small grouping of no significance in the end.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-01-2015, 11:33 PM Reply   
Last sunday was a brand new X20 on the water, surfing. The bow rise was so extreme, the driver had to stand up, and one adult was sitting in the bow. I hope they just did not know how to load the boat....
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-02-2015, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
The race to overhype and turn these launches into epic events over the past few years has left a trail of dust as have their price tags.
Nailed it. Especially on the overhyped underwhelming launches. I'm sure to the people designing them and the company making that investment it feels like a huge event so maybe the launches are really for them. They arent for us. If was about to buy a new Boat for 100k the last thing I'd want is to be teased for a month with shadow pictures. I'd tell them to f#ck off and take my money somewhere else.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-02-2015, 2:03 PM Reply   
If you buy a 100k boat, last thing you want is make a bad choice just because of a marketing campaign - its all about the real boat.

Or would you not buy a Malibu just because they're webpage is crap? Hmm... well... the Webpage is so bad, i hope they build better boats ;-)
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-03-2015, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCent View Post
Last sunday was a brand new X20 on the water, surfing. The bow rise was so extreme, the driver had to stand up, and one adult was sitting in the bow. I hope they just did not know how to load the boat....
Nope. When I test drove one it was bad. Even when wakeboarding it's pretty bad. One of the reasons I didn't buy one.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-04-2015, 4:36 AM Reply   
My experience with the X20 was that the bow rise was pretty bad when surfing but wasn't an issue boarding. That being said, the surf wake was phenomenal, and the wakeboard wake was very very nice. The interior layout and overall feel of the boat was great as well.
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-04-2015, 9:26 AM Reply   
I come here not to make claims about one boat being better than the other. I work at a MasterCraft dealership. But @deltawake since your son used to ride for MC and now rides for Nautique, shouldn't we take your words with a grain of salt since your son is paid to promote the latter?

I find it hard to believe any family member would come onto a public forum and say bad things about a current sponsor. You mentioned, that MasterCraft athletes "don't count" for an honest opinion, so I'm just curious if yours should either.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-04-2015, 11:03 AM Reply   
^^ My comments deleted as I don't want to offend anyone or get into a peeing match on WW. My comments were balanced, and I fully disclosed my bias.

Last edited by deltawake; 09-04-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-04-2015, 11:12 AM Reply   
Zood, i believe absolutely what Peter is saying. He fully discloses everything. And honestly he could have backed off on saying that the G boat uses a lot of fuel but didn't. But honestly he isn't saying anything that most don't already know whom have ridden one and been on these forums. New hull Xstar ain't selling nearly like MC had hoped! I'll add another bit of evidence that leads me to believe it's not selling good and never has is how many dealers even floor one? None of the 5 that I've been in the Midwest have had one on the floor for 2 seasons! Every Nauti dealer I've been in(about 5) last 2 seasons has had several G boats on floor. Surprised Mc hasn't redesigned it yet honestly. But guess they are busy with the surf boats! MC has probably sold more x23's already than they have sold 2013-2015 xstars combined!
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-05-2015, 5:49 AM Reply   
Sorry didn't mean to start any battles @deltawake, you just added to the discussion and so did I. Nothing more too it than that.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-06-2015, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
Nope. When I test drove one it was bad. Even when wakeboarding it's pretty bad. One of the reasons I didn't buy one.
I can understand that.. i would never buy a boat with a bow rise like that, no matter how good the wake is.