Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-18-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to their bindings? I bought these PB Floyds brand new at the end of last season and had only maybe 3 sets on them....Went out today and BAM!! this is the end result....wondering if anyone from SS can help me out here?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-18-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
HAHAHAHA. I'm not the only one! I am all too familiar with this experience. That's happened to my D2's about 5 different times over the past two seasons...thankfully they are quick to send a new pair!
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-18-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Jay, who did you talk to to get them replaced? I love riding my SS and just converted last year....but I dont want to have to send off bindings every few months.....
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-18-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
Email their customer service with those pictures and I bet they get back to you very soon. When I had trouble with my D2's last year (Not same as your PB's) they just sent me a new pair without me having to send anything in.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-18-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
Yeah I just emailed the photos to customer service....I am really surprised I didn't do any damage to my knees or ankle...just had a fractured ankle about 2 years ago....and it shocked me that they broke so quickly....but has a lot of ppl had this problem? I haven't really heard of it
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-18-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
i hope it doesn't happen to my incoming D2 bindings, i'm like from half way across the world.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       03-19-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
Whoa - never seen that before... Hit up Kyle.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-19-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Kyle is gone.... its sad.

I've never had problems with my boots (I've had D1s/D2s/Pb Floyds)... but that looks like they are DESTROYED.

They're service is great, they'll have your back
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Haha ya'll shoulda seen my reaction when the boot was up around my knee.....i was shocked to say the least...but im hoping to hear back from someone at SS sometime soon....and Nick yes they are pretty much DESTROYED.....
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
more pics of the dremel bit organizer. that kicks ass.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
anyone got a phone # i can call to get ahold of someone at SS? sent emails and still no response
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
Phone: 509-427-4950
Toll Free USA: 877-775-4832
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-19-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Yeah that happened to me after riding a full season, I caught my toeside edge and ripped one of them just like that. Only I'm guessing I hit a little harder than you-my green foot bead was cracked in half as well. I emailed customer service with pics and they sent out a new pair. No hassles. Gotta hand it to the four hole system though-your boot will rip in half before your heel comes up...
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-20-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
I have called and sent emails but no reply either way....
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-20-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
Justin,
I always talked to Kyle, but, unfortunately, he is not there any more. Hopefully someone at Slingshot will help you out soon.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-20-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
yeah hated to see Kyle go....hopefully someone will get in touch with me soon...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-20-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
Kyle was a god.... and if he got hired by another company I would seriously consider changing the boards i ride
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-20-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
I recently had a customer service issue and contacted them three weeks ago, but still no response. Slingshot needs to realize people bought their boards for the outstanding customer service that they use to provide. Hopefully their new customer rep gets a hold on the situation, before they lose riders. They already lost me as I plan on switching to the vibe this week.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-20-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
I had made up my mind to buy a new Slingshot board and bindings for myself, and now I'm starting to wonder if it's the right move to make. I had always heard that their customer service was the best in the biz, and now not so sure. That's not the reason that I was choosing to buy their board, but now that their customer service has gone to shiat......I'm not sure I want to take that gamble.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-20-2010, 1:13 PM Reply   
yeah im starting to question Slingshots customer service now as well....after reading Joe's post, its making me wonder if they will ever get back to anybody now =/
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-20-2010, 7:50 PM Reply   
I too am awaiting a response from them.... its been a week
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-21-2010, 12:38 AM Reply   
Glad I read this.... I was about to buy a board and bindings from them. Maybe I'll wait a few.
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-22-2010, 8:10 AM Reply   
yeh so what is up with that...kyle was the man and fixed every problem i had...he was sending me the new 2010's as soon as they were released but geesh now i dont know if ill be getting those
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-22-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
I wonder if anyone from Slingshot is or has read this thread
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-22-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
Seems like a lot people ride Slingshot bc of Kyle. Bad move letting him go. IM sure slingshot has lost some customers. I bet they will try to hire him back. Hopefully he gets/demands a promotion out of it.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-22-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
maybe kyle sent out to many free/replacement pairs and now this is how theyll make up for the loss? not that i agree with this in any way. i wouldnt buy anything slingshot now either
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-22-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Yeah, Kyle hooked me up when my bindings broke...which were still under warranty. Kyle did nothing, but honor the warranty provided by slingshot. Breach of warranty is a violation of federal law, and Kyle made sure SS was in compliance....doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-22-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
I don't think anyone from slingshot has read this forum....otherwise, us that have emailed them and tried calling them would have heard something back by now.....I don't mean to put them down by any means....but it just seems ridiculous if you put out a product with a warranty and then when someone has an issue, you don't reply...not good business ethics IMO.....
Old     (SlingshotWake1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
Justin, you can't expect someone at Slingshot to randomly come across a thread and hit you up. No one at the company has time to scour the forums looking for someone with a warranty. Your thread was just brought to our attention this morning, and we'll gladly help you out however we can.

Tina Cady is now in charge of warranty. She has received no email or voicemail regarding your boots. Send her an email with the pictures and I'm sure she'll respond promptly - t.cady@slingshotsports.com
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-22-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
well I sent an email to customer service and I got a reply saying that my warranty case had not been started. I did not start this thread to start controversy, i started it to see if this had happened to anyone else. And according to her voicemail, to process a warranty request I had to fill out application online. Which is what I did. So I followed directions to the "T" you could say. Again, I'm not tryin to stir anything up but there would have to be an easier way to get in touch with ppl...thanks thats just my $.02
Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-22-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
wow IMO that was a very unprofessional response from slingshot. First off the customer is always right. That response had a very condescending tone. Second it sounds like Justin did everything in his power to get the issue resolved. I had a similar experience with Slingshot last summer. Board broke, and I phoned every single number on the slingshot website and couldn't get a response from anyone. After 2 weeks of getting blown off I finally posted a thread on Wake World and it was only then that I got the issue resolved.
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-22-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotWake1 View Post
Justin, you can't expect someone at Slingshot to randomly come across a thread and hit you up. No one at the company has time to scour the forums looking for someone with a warranty. Your thread was just brought to our attention this morning, and we'll gladly help you out however we can.

Tina Cady is now in charge of warranty. She has received no email or voicemail regarding your boots. Send her an email with the pictures and I'm sure she'll respond promptly - t.cady@slingshotsports.com
So your telling me that your company cant check your Voicemails, there should be about three from me left on your "rider" hotline. I've always been impressed with your company's customer service but its been lacking.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-22-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
it sounds like the customer service has gotten a lot worse. I was riding this weekend and had a binding foot bed break....i wonder whats gonna come about from that now as it should be a warranty issue.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2010, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:

Not exactly the professional response I was hoping for when I alerted you guys to this thread this morning. Hopefully you will maintain the great service Kyle established for you guys on this forum. I'd be willing to bet you've gained a great deal of business form this site, I personally bought a sling shot due to this site, and so did two of my friends. I personally think letting Kyle go was a mistake, and if this response speaks to your customer service for the future, it may cost you more than his salary form this site.
Old     (SlingshotWake1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2010, 2:41 PM Reply   
Justin, we had no intention of being condescnding or controversial. We responded to simply provide the information for our warranty person because it seemed, as of this morning, you had heard form no one. We try really hard to respond to everyone within one business day, if not within a couple of hours. Unfortunately, every now and then someone slips through the cracks... Apparently what happened in Matthew's case.

Sounds like warranty caught up with you, but definitely let us know if not. The pictures clearly indicate a legit warranty due to manufacturing defect, and I'm sure you'll have a new pair of PB's headed your way soon.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Justin, we had no intention of being condescnding or controversial. We responded to simply provide the information for our warranty person because it seemed, as of this morning, you had heard form no one. We try really hard to respond to everyone within one business day, if not within a couple of hours. Unfortunately, every now and then someone slips through the cracks... Apparently what happened in Matthew's case.

Sounds like warranty caught up with you, but definitely let us know if not. The pictures clearly indicate a legit warranty due to manufacturing defect, and I'm sure you'll have a new pair of PB's headed your way soon.
That was more what I had hoped for. Thank you
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-22-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:

He said he emailed you guys the photos on 3/18. I'm quite certain that he did not intend for this thread to suffice as his warranty claim. How about an apology that no one responded to the 3/18 email and/or an explanation that it wasn't received & you would be glad to help him if he would re-submit to Tina? I own some SS equipment, but this response certainly insures that I won't be buying more in the future.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-22-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
I submitted the warranty request and as of a few minutes ago it still had not been started...I sent Tina an email with the pictures...like I said I did not want to start controversey and did not mean it by any means...thanks again
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2010, 2:56 PM Reply   
I probably started th controversy, but I've been a big advocate of sling shot, going as far as trying to get Tommy's to pick them up. Part of what I preached was how great their customer service was. I want to make sure that stays the case incase me or mine have warranty issues. So far all issues with them have been taken care of beyond expectation for us, and to see threads worries me that might no longer be the case.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-22-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
Wow, SS response was very unprofessional. I would bet that they have lost some future business from this very thread, and me being one of them. I'm not sure if it's just me being a little on edge today, but that response ticks me off.
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
looks like i'll be keeping my current board and bindings which i plan on selling once my slingshot arrives, don't want to get caught without something to ride on incase something happens to my slingshots.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-22-2010, 5:09 PM Reply   
I'm guessing that they let a few more than one slip by. 3/11 is when they started my case concerning my base plate and just today (3/22) was told to call them at a certain number.

I was glad that they took the call but the person seemed unprofessional or just uninterested in the problem I was having.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
I hope they still have Kyles number, cause they need him back form the sounds of the people around here. I've got an older SS, and I'm sure I'll need their help sooner of later. I just picked up Byerly as a second board, and if I have issues it will quickly become a primary board.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-22-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
I do! hahah! Kyle is doing just fine :-D
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-22-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
Wow that sucks, I guess I'll stick with LF. I'm sure the hybrid watson will be so legit anyway.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-22-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
I texted him the other day about something or another... he is doing well
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-23-2010, 3:55 AM Reply   
don't be too hard on 'em fellas. give em a chance. before long every business and provider is gona have a mishap.
if you cut your ties so quickly you wont be happy with anyone sooner or later, or just find yourself going in circles after the next provider's mistake

just thought i'd suggest reconsidering severing ties due to one incongruence. but then again, i know myself to be uncommonly forgiving or patient as a customer/guest. more times than not things got rollin' again without to much patience rendered and without asking for compensation fit for royalty, but that is just me and my not-so-popular business opinion i guess.

p.s. i miss kyle too. he was good at watchin the forums too. very personable guy and a great example. admittedly it will take an adjustment to get used to things without him even with the very few personal inquires i had with him (never any warranty issues)

Last edited by wakerider111; 03-23-2010 at 4:02 AM.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-23-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
People are so quick to jump on the bashing band-wagon when a single issue pops up. Give 'em a break fellas. I only have LF gear now but ever since riding a Slingshot this past summer I have wanted to get one, and this isn't going to change that because it was a great board/experience. Too often brand reputations come under scrutiny on here before the warranty or replacement process even takes place or begins.
Old     (kmoney)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-23-2010, 6:44 AM Reply   
this thread is great. cant believe they responded to u on WW before they called u. sounds like bull to me! reminds me of the problems people are having with their warrantys at centurion.... ill stick with any other brand besides SS thanks to all this. i liked their plateless boots too.
Old     (kmoney)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-23-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
guess im a "basher" but warranty is big
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-23-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudontn View Post
People are so quick to jump on the bashing band-wagon when a single issue pops up. Give 'em a break fellas. I only have LF gear now but ever since riding a Slingshot this past summer I have wanted to get one, and this isn't going to change that because it was a great board/experience. Too often brand reputations come under scrutiny on here before the warranty or replacement process even takes place or begins.
Did you actually read the thread?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-23-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Did you actually read the thread?
I think it would be silly for me to comment on something I didn't read, don't you?

Could they have come off a little less brash? Perhaps, I didn't read it as condescending as others here have said. But from what we can tell from the exchange that went back and forth in this thread (which should have been handled through emails, not WW), SS initially wasn't aware of any emails or voicemails from the original poster. Further, SS straight out said in this thread that it's obviously a manufacturer defect that they'll replace. What else do people want from them?

The original poster put this message up Thursday, the same day the binding went out on him, he didn't even allow time for the company to respond IF he sent them an email. It's been 3 business days since the binding went out and the company has stated they're going to replace it. I just don't understand the brand-loyalty turn-around that's taking place in this thread based off of something so tenuous.

Maybe it's just me.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-23-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
I agree with you on the original post topic. However, Joe Pinkston and Tyler shared their situations as well. IMO, that initiated the loyalty reaction as much if not more than the original post. It gave the impression and expectation of a long wait for a reply or communication from the company. Nearly all the brands on the market build quality product, so they have certain things that set them apart such as riders, local support, customer service, etc. SS has been known for their customer service, thus that being what set them apart. With the known unfortunate occurrences inside the company doors, it is only natural for people to read that others have waited weeks for a response and wonder if what set the company apart is no longer. Whether this be "bashing", or just giving 2 cents that a particular customer isn't as interested anymore, it's feedback that if I were a company I would want to know, and more than likely react to. It's also part of a forum.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-23-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
I think the back lash is more due to how high the bar had been set before. This isn't the first complaint on this board about current SS service. The other negative was the post made once they found out about this. I own 2 companies and if I had an issue where a customer was posting on a public board I'd make sure I responded to that issue as professionally as I could.

This sport is expensive and I expect a certain level of customer service to command my business. My dealer is Tommy's, and they've gone out of their way to make sure I'm happy with anything I purchase from them, so I tend to buy everything from them, except my board and bindings, because they don't carry slingshot. I love the SS product, and that forces me to buy online, which I'm not a big fan of. I'd prefer to buy form my dealer, where I know I will get great service if there is a problem. Up until recently SS has had a great customer service reputation, which I've found to be true in my dealings with them, through Kyle, on a friends binding and one of the fins on my board. What worries me that if this isn't the standard they plan to keep, then I could be in for some frustration that I could avoid by just going with my dealer, to buy future boards, and be done with it. Really I want to keep riding SS, but I also want to know they appreciate my business and will do everything they can, in a professional manner, to retain it.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-23-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
I understand that, absolutely. Like I said, maybe it's just me, but unless it's as severe as the "MC Voucher" thread it probably won't break my brand loyalty. And two or three people who have unresolved issues that I don't know any more background about than "I have unresolved issue X" won't lead me to making blanket judgments about a company as a whole. I like to look at things, especially on a forum populated with <18 kids, with the mindset that the most vocal proponents and opponents of a company will be the most satisfied and least satisfied respectively. I don't put much stock into either, I want to look objectively at a company.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-23-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
So would you post BS on a thread touting excellent customer service? Or make any comment at all? That would be on the extreme opposite, right? Look objectively? Multiple people have had the same problem, and none of them seem to be acting like <18yr olds, just letting people know it happened to them. Objectively, that seems to be a trend, or at least a new frequent occurrence.
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-23-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
I hade no intentions to soil slingshot's reputation, but rather alert them to a serious problem that seems to be occurring across the board. I have been a faithful slingshot rider since day one so I guess I just hold them to a higher standard. That being said, after emailing and calling again i have still not received any response from their customer service.,,,
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-23-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
vibe it up, let us know how it compares
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-23-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
What A-Dub said is true. I was just letting ppl know what happened to me. Tryin to see if anyone else had this same experience and what the outcome was. This thread was in NO WAY meant to be a warranty claim on my behalf. Slingshot is a great company and I thank Wade for getting in touch with me so quickly on here. I searched the forums to see if anyone else had had a problem like mine but did not find anyone. SO when I could not find any help I put up this thread. THIS THREAD WAS NOT MEANT TO PUT DOWN SLINGSHOT IN ANY MANNER!! I just wanted people opinions. I'm sorry if this thread has been "bashing" slingshot. I never meant for that to happen and am sorry. I am with Joe, this is a serious matter that needs to be taken care of. And after talking with Wade via PM yesterday, I am hoping to hear from someone soon. Again, sorry to strt all this controversy. It was not what I intended to happen whenever I started this thread. Thanks
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-23-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
In the end SS has a great product, there is no bashing invloved there. They just need to make sure they do a better job getting back to people like they used to. I love my recoil, even if it's 3 years old.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-23-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
Agreed, I love love love their stuff... I'll keep buying the their stuff, but if I have issues like was said above I don't think I would come back.

thats part of the reason I stopped riding hyperlite... they did nothing for me when I had trouble and it put me off.

so until I feel I am let down VIVA LA RECOIL!
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 3:56 PM Reply   
my last transaction with Slingshot a couple of weeks ago was fortunately a very positive one. i hope it will be the same in the future and that i won't have to deal with the same thing as the thread starter is right now. i'm keeping my watson bindings though. just incase.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-23-2010, 11:39 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777796
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-24-2010, 1:55 AM Reply   
you can post up as many links as you want jeremy, to steer people away from what happened above. unfortunately, that's not how the world works. people remember the bad things/incidents. i'm not saying ss is doomed. they make good products and have a loyal following, but they need to fix what happened above. it doesn't matter what the intent was. what matters is the presentation. looks like it was presented above rather poorly.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-24-2010, 6:11 AM Reply   
Ive got a warranty claim in now too. Submitted it Saturday night at 8 PM, but didnt expect to hear anything until monday. Its Wednesday and no email or call. Called yesterday and left a message letting them know I went online and did the claim.

I have had good dealings with SS so far and really like their stuff. I am finally used to/really like the boards behind the boat. I just wish they would get on top of this stuff..I need my bindings fixed
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-24-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
good luck with getting anything out of slingshot now. kyle is gone and they have people trying to cover warranty that dont have any business working in that part of the company and should be focusing on what their real job description is. I understand that the economy is down and companies are trying to cut costs but the last job you should be cutting is the one who keeps the customers happy. slingshots going downhill in that aspect of their company.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-24-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
you can post up as many links as you want jeremy, to steer people away from what happened above. unfortunately, that's not how the world works. people remember the bad things/incidents. i'm not saying ss is doomed. they make good products and have a loyal following, but they need to fix what happened above. it doesn't matter what the intent was. what matters is the presentation. looks like it was presented above rather poorly.
Yes - What Joe said!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-24-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
i don't mean to start rumors, but i heard today that ss is being made overseas now. any truth to this? can anyone at ss confirm or deny this?
Old     (robd)      Join Date: May 2009       03-24-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
dang if what joe said is true, that would suuuck. "Made in the US" was one of my main buying motives for slingshot. That would be a shame
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-24-2010, 10:09 PM Reply   
All 2010 boards are advertised as made in the U.S so I dont think that is true, maybe for 2011?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-24-2010, 11:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
not trying to steer anyone away. sorry if you felt that way. i already got done basically saying that it is easier to destroy than create. in an earlier post, every one knows this fact. the ss rep post wasn't the only one poorly presented, but they do have more responsibility and thus consequences in relation to presentation, because he.she represents a larger entity. one for all and all for one, for better or worse. but i guess this is a re-statement from my previous post too, just using other words

Last edited by wakerider111; 03-24-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-25-2010, 12:10 AM Reply   
you can repost and use as many other words as you want, but everyone can see right through you w/ your linking to an ss thread that happens to be a positive one.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-25-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
And I find it odd that they replace a board used for sliders so "satisfactory", but can't reply to someone who's binding ended up at their knee.....
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-25-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
yeh i sent them an email to their new email since kyle is no longer there two days ago...no response...gee i guess mine just "slipped" right by too. hah this is a joke now seriously! how can you go from having the best customer service in the business to having the worst! they are going to loose so many people because of this!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-25-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
I just tried to call and get a hold of someone in warranty... just to see if things have changed.

Sure enough, no answer, and the message just says "Go to the website"

The old days it was Kyle's line, and he was FAST to call back.... and I know I've said it before but I had a problem the week before he had vacation or something, so he gave me his cell and fixed problems while he wasn't even in the office.

Fingers crossed my gear holds together this year!!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-25-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Can people get these yet? Outside of the Pro's?
Old     (seankey)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-25-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
From what I have been told there isn't going to be a 2010 model slingshot boot. It is going to be an early release 2011 now. Also, I know some of the pro's don't even have them at this point.

I have also put in a warranty request to the email posted above regarding my 09 PB's. I sent the email Monday afternoon, and received a reply last night. That's not too bad. However, I still can't figure out what's going on. Tina, the new warranty person, has Corporate Accountant listed as her title in her signature. I am not going to make ANY assumptions, but come on guys... I am going to complete the process she requested, and I will let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully well. I absolutely love my 09 recoil, and 09 PB's!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
Every business or company has their hiccups. No one is perfect. Maybe, and this is an assumption, that Tina has been left with someone else's job, and still doing her own job. And in that case she's been left with a ton of work and is playing catch-up.

Give SS a chance.

I had been holding out on buying a board and bindings from SS's website. Response 145 and PB boots were $349 shipped. I ended up buying them from Watersportswest off of ebay just so I was supporting a business. They were paid for on Monday and came in today.....
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-25-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
Well, I will say that they are still doing great things with their warranty. I submitted my request late saturday night, had an email from Tina last night and replied asap last night, then I just got another email from her saying my replacement bindings are getting shipped out tomorrow.

She is even swapping out my D2's for PB Floyds so I can give those a try.

I did the process just as she said and everything went smoothly, maybe just taking an extra day or two. Try sending your stuff off to another company and just waiting for it to get there for them to even check it out. Ill continue to support slingshot!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by highrock View Post
Well, I will say that they are still doing great things with their warranty. I submitted my request late saturday night, had an email from Tina last night and replied asap last night, then I just got another email from her saying my replacement bindings are getting shipped out tomorrow.

She is even swapping out my D2's for PB Floyds so I can give those a try.

I did the process just as she said and everything went smoothly, maybe just taking an extra day or two. Try sending your stuff off to another company and just waiting for it to get there for them to even check it out. Ill continue to support slingshot!
That's good to hear. I think what they've run into is that they have had to downsize to survive and may not have realized the impact their customer service had on their name.